PDA

View Full Version : harry potter rip

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/27/2006, 01:34 AM
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13558242/?GT1=8211

her infatuation with death continues...

Melo
6/27/2006, 01:51 AM
I predict Harry and Voldemort. Ive always thought that.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/27/2006, 09:33 AM
Okay, I liked the story arc, but this death thing is too weird...

bri
6/27/2006, 09:48 AM
I had a conversation with my ex-roommate about how we'd write the end of the series. Basically, I'd have Book 7 be almost wall-to-wall carnage. Hermione dies in the first third, which turns out to be Harry's undoing, since she's the one with the smarts. Harry, left without the brains of the operation, bites it in the middle act, and then the surviving members of the Order of the Phoenix rally around their slain hero and finally defeat Voldemort and the Death-Eaters. 'Cause nothing can push you over the proverbial hump like a martyr.

Bottom line, there's no way Harry should live. :D

Norm In Norman
6/27/2006, 09:53 AM
I would have preferred to not know someone dies. I was going to buy the book whether I knew someone was going to die or not. Am I the only one in America that likes to be surprised by things like this?

bri
6/27/2006, 10:03 AM
No, you're not. I'd rather she keep her piehole shut and let us be surprised, but God forbid she not be in the public eye while she's working on the next book...

Fugue
6/27/2006, 10:04 AM
I'd like to see the Death-Eaters get everyone and then go get Anikin as a young boy so that when I go back and watch Star Wars, there is a cool, non-crying Darth Vader.

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/27/2006, 10:13 AM
I had a conversation with my ex-roommate about how we'd write the end of the series. Basically, I'd have Book 7 be almost wall-to-wall carnage. Hermione dies in the first third, which turns out to be Harry's undoing, since she's the one with the smarts. Harry, left without the brains of the operation, bites it in the middle act, and then the surviving members of the Order of the Phoenix rally around their slain hero and finally defeat Voldemort and the Death-Eaters. 'Cause nothing can push you over the proverbial hump like a martyr.

Bottom line, there's no way Harry should live. :D

Actually, Valdemort beats Harry because Valdemort holds higher ground. He only thinks Harry dies. In fact, it's in the second Heptilogy that Valdemort tells Harry and Hermione's kids that Harry is dead.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/27/2006, 10:15 AM
I'd like to see the Death-Eaters get everyone and then go get Anikin as a young boy so that when I go back and watch Star Wars, there is a cool, non-crying Darth Vader.

SUNUVA... I gotta start reading entire threads before replying.

Hoosier Dynasty
6/27/2006, 10:15 AM
Harry pothead gets killed.....hooray, finally.:rolleyes: :twinkies:

Fugue
6/27/2006, 10:16 AM
SUNUVA... I gotta start reading entire threads before replying.

brilliant minds, or something...

TheHumanAlphabet
6/27/2006, 10:23 AM
So they kill a transvestite Brit. Not like there aren't many waiting in the wings to take up the slack...;)

Norm In Norman
6/27/2006, 10:23 AM
brilliant minds, or something...
That's an obvious case of or something.

Fugue
6/27/2006, 10:27 AM
That's an obvious case of or something.

I was afraid of that.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/27/2006, 10:29 AM
should i have used spoiler tags norm?

frankensooner
6/27/2006, 10:37 AM
I am a big Harry Potter fanboy and this sucks, not like we didn't see it coming though.

NormanPride
6/27/2006, 10:38 AM
Hagrid: You're a wizard, Harry!

Norm In Norman
6/27/2006, 12:18 PM
should i have used spoiler tags norm?
Nope. Well, maybe, but that wasn't what I was thinking of when I posted. The main thing is I wish SHE would have used spoiler tags. Why can't she just keep her big trap shut? I bet she is doing it just to sell more copies, which I think is uneeded. If you are a harry potter fan, you are going to buy the book regardless.

GottaHavePride
6/27/2006, 12:22 PM
This thread will make Dean sad. In his pants.

C&CDean
6/27/2006, 12:23 PM
I read that, and I didn't see where she said "Harry Potter will die." She's just marketing the book to the haters who hope he dies.

And I'm expecting Dumbledore to come back. Kinda like General Hospital or Days of our Lives....

bri
6/27/2006, 12:28 PM
And I'm expecting Dumbledore to come back. Kinda like General Hospital or Days of our Lives....

Or rasslin'! :D

Norm In Norman
6/27/2006, 12:28 PM
I read that, and I didn't see where she said "Harry Potter will die." She's just marketing the book to the haters who hope he dies.

I hear he comes back as Hayden Christensen in the final book.

soonerhubs
6/27/2006, 12:32 PM
Is there an intense light saber battle in the final Potter book?

bri
6/27/2006, 12:35 PM
Is there an intense light saber battle in the final Potter book?

Yeah, but that's just Harry and Ron in the Gryffindor public bath.

:D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/27/2006, 12:59 PM
your sig now makes sense

NormanPride
6/27/2006, 01:11 PM
Albus Dumbledore = AD

Coincidence? I think not. I bet Dumbledore could run for 1900+ in his freshman season... ;)

Fugue
6/27/2006, 01:14 PM

Then we truly are in hell.

Ike
6/27/2006, 01:38 PM
I always figured when she said that the 7th book will be the last, that Harry will have to snuff it. theres no other way to ensure that that would be the last book, cause stupid fans would be crying for more. Personally, if I were writing it, I'd have Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred and George, Draco, and Snape all snuff it to, just to make sure I was D-O-N-E done.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/27/2006, 01:41 PM
pfft, fred and george are my favorite characters...

Pricetag
6/27/2006, 01:43 PM
And I'm expecting Dumbledore to come back.
As Dumbledore the White, right?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/27/2006, 01:54 PM
no as a ghost that resembles hayden christiansen

NormanPride
6/27/2006, 01:58 PM
What's the over/under on # of pages in this beast? Will we have vBookie back in time to bet on it? :D

frankensooner
6/27/2006, 02:09 PM
At least Harry can finally hook up with Myrtle for some hot ghost action.

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/27/2006, 02:14 PM
I always figured when she said that the 7th book will be the last, that Harry will have to snuff it. theres no other way to ensure that that would be the last book, cause stupid fans would be crying for more. Personally, if I were writing it, I'd have Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred and George, Draco, and Snape all snuff it to, just to make sure I was D-O-N-E done.

Prequels. We need to see Harry's virgin birth.

C&CDean
6/27/2006, 02:15 PM
I'm just surprised no pron producer hasn't done the whole "Harry Potter does Hermione, Ginny, and Moaning Myrtle" thing.

Ike
6/27/2006, 02:17 PM
Prequels. We need to see Harry's virgin birth.

Yeah, not to mention that you could very easily re-write the series from another characters perspective. Like say, malfoy. I don't think it would take much to make him a somewhat sympathetic character.

NormanPride
6/27/2006, 02:19 PM
I'm just surprised no pron producer hasn't done the whole "Harry Potter does Hermione, Ginny, and Moaning Myrtle" thing.

Well, enough people write about that kind of thing. I mean, look a Bri.

GDC
6/27/2006, 02:39 PM
My god this thing actually hooked Dean?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/27/2006, 02:40 PM
Well, enough people write about that kind of thing. I mean, look a Bri.

yeah, but he only writes badger erotica.

GDC
6/27/2006, 02:40 PM
and jkm?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/27/2006, 02:41 PM

uh, potter's dad was a deer. that's dean-nip

frankensooner
Dean is a huge Harry Potter fan, hence the books have to be good.

GDC
Okay, now I understand.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/27/2006, 02:44 PM
rowling is a pretty good, though wordy, writer. the fact that she writes about vampires, werewolves, explosions and a moron for a protagonist doesn't hurt either...

Hoosier Dynasty
6/27/2006, 03:06 PM
Sorry I ruffled someone's feathers here but I eagerly await the death of Pothead.

NormanPride
6/27/2006, 03:24 PM
Voldemort isn't a moron, he's just insane with severe emotional issues. That leads to the classic gaps in preparation and logic that the typical psychotic villain has.

Hoosier Dynasty
6/27/2006, 03:26 PM
Voldemort isn't a moron, he's just insane with severe emotional issues. That leads to the classic gaps in preparation and logic that the typical psychotic villain has.

Exactly what I was thinking.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/27/2006, 03:26 PM

he's the ANTAgonist

NormanPride
6/27/2006, 03:27 PM
he's the ANTAgonist

Maybe to you. :D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/27/2006, 03:30 PM
Maybe to you. :D

riddle lover

NormanPride
6/27/2006, 03:31 PM
riddle lover

Psh. Muggle names suck.

I shall now be known as Dinkely Fizzwhizzle!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/27/2006, 03:35 PM
Psh. Muggle names suck.

I shall now be known as Little Dinkely Fizzwhizzle!

poor badger :(

the_ouskull
6/27/2006, 03:37 PM
Here's the deal... How I would write the final chapters...

Okay, so anyway, Harry and Emma Watson find out that they're related. They also find out that their father is Voldemort. See, Harry's "real" parents were actually just his adopted parents and he was raised by Sirius Black when sandpeople attacked his village and killed his mother. Then Rupert Grint, who now drives the fastest flying car in the whole galaxy and hangs out with Hagrid in bars a lot, comes back for them, and they have a lot of adventures until Rupert Grint gets frozen in a big brown block of ice. More adventures ensue...

Anyway, at the end of the movie, I think that there should be a lot of dancing around with a bunch of hairy midgets who are worshipping a false idol... but no "real" deaths, other than Voldemort and the Emperor.

Sound like a hit or what?

the_ouskull

NormanPride
6/27/2006, 03:45 PM
poor badger :(

You don't think the name Badger Fizzwhizzle sounds awesome? Then you just don't have good taste in names.

C&CDean
6/27/2006, 05:01 PM
Sorry I ruffled someone's feathers here but I eagerly await the death of Pothead.

1. You're a Hoosier. WTF do you know?

2. I'm in Indianapolis right this second. WTF do you know?

3. Pothead? Can you be a little more original please? Thank you.

4. You're obviously either illiterate, or haven't taken the time out of your busy schedule of running up to your general delivery PO box and picking up your welfare checks to actually read the books.

5. Indiana sucks.

I think that covers it.

C&CDean
6/27/2006, 05:03 PM

Not nearly as badly as some longwhorn did to you my friend.

Read the books. 1-6. Then tell me it isn't good stuff. If you can, then you simply haven't got a sense of imagination, not an ounce of life left in your body. It's damn good stuff. I don't give a **** who you are.

JohnnyMack
6/27/2006, 05:03 PM
Hey Cleetus, go to St. Elmo's for dinner tonight. Good stuff.

C&CDean
6/27/2006, 05:05 PM
Hey homosexual,

I've eaten there many times. It's alright, but I prefer Shula's and Del Frisco.

JohnnyMack
6/27/2006, 05:06 PM
Hey homosexual,

I've eaten there many times. It's alright, but I prefer Shula's and Del Frisco.

Chains.

You lemming.

NormanPride
6/27/2006, 05:06 PM
I was really impressed with Rowling's portrayal of the idiotic, hormonal teen in books 4 and 5.

C&CDean
6/27/2006, 05:09 PM
Chains.

You lemming.

Chains? Never eaten there.....

The last time I went to St. Elmo's, we stood in the rain for an hour, then went in, then got a cold tater with our steak, and a salad in a crappy little wooden bowl. All for $75 or so. Never mind the drinks.

Of course the steak was pretty good, but when you raise the beef that the buyers for St. Elmo's buy, you tend to be a little bit pickier.

And no, I don't care for lemming.

JohnnyMack
6/27/2006, 05:10 PM
I thought you rednecks ate anything iff'in it were fried or turned into jerky?

C&CDean
6/27/2006, 05:11 PM
I thought you rednecks ate anything iff'in it were fried or turned into jerky?

We do. Just not when we're eating on the man's dime. Know what I mean?

JohnnyMack
6/27/2006, 05:12 PM
I went to the Chicago Chop House last week. Overrated. Overcrowded. Good wine though.

C&CDean
6/27/2006, 05:19 PM
Dude, all the "top 10 steak houses" in American Airlines Magazine are overrated. And overcrowded. I just always think "gee, with our ****ed up economy, how can this many people afford $150 a head dinner".......and then I think "oh wait, that was GWB's first term, this term the economy is fine, now it's just WMD. (just don't tell your savior Bill Clinton that the economy isn't the only thing you've gotta worry about cause obviously people care more **** than just their money.............don't they?)

GDC
6/27/2006, 05:26 PM
Not nearly as badly as some longwhorn did to you my friend.

Can't argue with that one.

Read the books. 1-6. Then tell me it isn't good stuff. If you can, then you simply haven't got a sense of imagination, not an ounce of life left in your body. It's damn good stuff. I don't give a **** who you are.

I guess I am going to have to give them a read since several people on the board whose opinions I respect seem to like them.

C&CDean
6/27/2006, 05:28 PM
I guess I am going to have to give them a read since several people on the board whose opinions I respect seem to like them.

Do it. You will be entertained.

mrowl
6/27/2006, 05:29 PM
do you think that they will open the hatch in this one? or there will be more backwards words?

Or they will reveal where they are? hell, etc?

C&CDean
6/27/2006, 05:32 PM
do you think that they will open the hatch in this one? or there will be more backwards words?

Or they will reveal where they are? hell, etc?

So, you're obviously off the meds huh?

mrowl
6/27/2006, 05:36 PM
So, you're obviously off the meds huh?

;)

some of the books were good, some were ok, movies...... below ok.

GottaHavePride
6/27/2006, 07:47 PM
The big problem is that to turn one of the books into a movie without leaving anything out they'd have to be as long if not longer than the Lord of the Rings movies.

Hoosier Dynasty
6/27/2006, 08:41 PM
1. You're a Hoosier. WTF do you know?

2. I'm in Indianapolis right this second. WTF do you know?

3. Pothead? Can you be a little more original please? Thank you.

4. You're obviously either illiterate, or haven't taken the time out of your busy schedule of running up to your general delivery PO box and picking up your welfare checks to actually read the books.

5. Indiana sucks.

I think that covers it.

Sorry I made you cry, buddy. I bet you've never been out of your little farmhouse in breadbasket Oklahoma, much less to Illinois or Indiana. I'm surprised you've got the innerweb out der'

Oh, I forgot. You're also supposedly a grown man reading children's books. LMAO! Yeah, that's about it.

the_ouskull
6/27/2006, 08:56 PM
I would hardly call the Harry Potter series a bunch of "children's books." They appear to be more than suitable, and given the subject matter in some of the late book, geared towards all ages...

the_ouskull

Hoosier Dynasty
6/27/2006, 09:00 PM

Hoosier Dynasty
6/27/2006, 09:00 PM
I would hardly call the Harry Potter series a bunch of "children's books." They appear to be more than suitable, and given the subject matter in some of the late book, geared towards all ages...

the_ouskull

Hmm...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/Harry_Potter_and_the_Philosopher%27s_Stone.jpg

bri
6/27/2006, 10:57 PM
Sorry I made you cry, buddy. I bet you've never been out of your little farmhouse in breadbasket Oklahoma, much less to Illinois or Indiana. I'm surprised you've got the innerweb out der'

Oh, I forgot. You're also supposedly a grown man reading children's books. LMAO! Yeah, that's about it.

Don't you have anything better to do? Like, stealing our uniform designs?