PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to buy beadwork?

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 01:08 AM
Any of you SO ladies want to buy some beadwork? I just put some pictures of SuperGirls work up so a gallery owner could look at them, but I'm pretty sure she'd be much happier to sell direct.

SuperGirl is a Silver Hand certified artisan.

If'n some of you want some, let me know and I'll see about working out a price. Please remember that these things are extremely labor intensive.

http://home.gci.net/~miker/Stephanie%20Merchandise/

Tailwind
6/27/2006, 01:36 AM
Looks like some damn fine work! I would be interested in knowing how big (or small) the little bells are. If they were big enough, a set of six would make cute Christmas ornaments. I like the pocket bags too...talk about about labor intensive! Do you know if she does the decorative needlework as well as the beading? I'm just a po workin woman, so I don't know if I could afford Gallery quality stuff like that. Also, I would be interested in the dimensions of the earrings...especially length. Thanks Froz!

sooneron
6/27/2006, 07:32 AM
When did he come back? I miss everything!

glad yer back

OU4LIFE
6/27/2006, 07:38 AM
This is his first thread back, and it's just to pimp some stuff.

He's a spammer.

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 09:30 AM
Looks like some damn fine work! I would be interested in knowing how big (or small) the little bells are. If they were big enough, a set of six would make cute Christmas ornaments. I like the pocket bags too...talk about about labor intensive! Do you know if she does the decorative needlework as well as the beading? I'm just a po workin woman, so I don't know if I could afford Gallery quality stuff like that. Also, I would be interested in the dimensions of the earrings...especially length. Thanks Froz!

The bells are kind of tiny, but if you wanted to use them as ornaments on a Christmas tree, they'd probably be suitable.

She does not do the needlework on the pocket bags. She could, but then she'd have to jack up the price by like 150% to cover her labor.

I'll get some dimensions later and post. I will also pass along your compliments about her work.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/27/2006, 10:12 AM
Bee-yo-ti-ful.

I'm a beader, too so I appreciate how hard some of that stuff is. I don't do much seed bead work because it's just so tiny and tedious. Takes a very calm mind to work with that stuff and I ain't got one of those.

Froz, does she do any work with silver clay? I hear that's really fun but it takes a lot of practice with a VERY expensive medium...

Tell her YAY, HER!!!

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 12:23 PM
OK, here's prices:

Special to you guys because you know me:

Necklace + Earrings = $55. These sell at gallery for $70 for the necklace alone-what a bargain!
Earrings alone = $25 Earring dimensions can depend on artist mood. Can accomodate commission work to spec.
Purses = $40
Bells = $40
The bells are approx. 1"x1.75" and have over 35 genuine crystal beads included in the workmanship.

S&H is extra, but should be under $6.00 per item (assuming you're shipping inside the US.) Stephanie is OK with taking PayPal payment (over my strenuous objections) so if you wish to pay that way she would be ecstatic.

(Sorry everyone for bringing business to the board, it just struck me last night that some of you might want some artwork made by a genuine Alaska Native artisan-and where else are you gonna get that?)

GottaHavePride
6/27/2006, 12:43 PM
This is PG-nip.

EDIT: Not necessarily that she'll want to buy any, but more of a she may harass for an e-mail addy so she can interrogate SuperGirl about how she makes them. ;)

Tailwind
6/27/2006, 02:35 PM
Those prices sound very reasonable due to the amount of work that goes into them. Of course, once she becomes well-known, her prices will have to go up, and more power to her! I would be interested in two bells for now, both with ruby crystal beads and some kind of white pearlish bead (Crimson and Cream theme of course.) Does she have an email or will you be her mediator?

Tailwind
6/27/2006, 02:40 PM
PS: I for one, don't mind the opportunity to buy beautiful work from an unknown artist. And as I am a penny pincher and lazy, where else am I going to find this stuff?

IB4OU2
6/27/2006, 03:02 PM
OK, here's prices:

Special to you guys because you know me:

Necklace + Earrings = $55. These sell at gallery for $70 for the necklace alone-what a bargain!
Earrings alone = $25 Earring dimensions can depend on artist mood. Can accomodate commission work to spec.
Purses = $40
Bells = $40
The bells are approx. 1"x1.75" and have over 35 genuine crystal beads included in the workmanship.

S&H is extra, but should be under $6.00 per item (assuming you're shipping inside the US.) Stephanie is OK with taking PayPal payment (over my strenuous objections) so if you wish to pay that way she would be ecstatic.

(Sorry everyone for bringing business to the board, it just struck me last night that some of you might want some artwork made by a genuine Alaska Native artisan-and where else are you gonna get that?)

My wife would love that stuff.......Lord help me if she ever starts reading this forum.

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 09:14 PM
Tailwind-

I will PM you PayPal info shortly.

usmc-sooner
6/27/2006, 09:16 PM
I feel like I'm at a pow-wow

being hit up to buy bead work

home sweet home.

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 09:42 PM
Bee-yo-ti-ful.

I'm a beader, too so I appreciate how hard some of that stuff is. I don't do much seed bead work because it's just so tiny and tedious. Takes a very calm mind to work with that stuff and I ain't got one of those.

Froz, does she do any work with silver clay? I hear that's really fun but it takes a lot of practice with a VERY expensive medium...

Tell her YAY, HER!!!

She has done some work, but not much. As you say, muy expensive. I passed the message along. She says thanks.

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 09:42 PM
I feel like I'm at a pow-wow

being hit up to buy bead work

home sweet home.

Ain't nobody here but us blanket-asses.

(I kid, I kid.)

usmc-sooner
6/27/2006, 09:43 PM
Ain't nobody here but us blanket-asses.

(I kid, I kid.)

heh

good one
:D

Czar Soonerov
6/27/2006, 09:50 PM
What the hell, most of you losers don't have a life anyway. So, if you have fun, get your rocks off etc. by lurking on these boards and posting stupid comments, go for it. All I know is this is the 2nd time I've come on this board to sell something and both times the same pack of losers responded with the same, limp, comments.

;)

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 09:52 PM
^ I missed that one.

Hey, I've built up a LITTLE leeway around here. You limp loser.

And you're totally screwed. Your wife is going to see this.

proud gonzo
6/27/2006, 09:58 PM
oooooooh! perdy :D

how much for just a necklace? i don't have pierced ears :O

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 10:00 PM
I can find out, but I bet she'd be happy to put clips on the earrings...

proud gonzo
6/27/2006, 10:06 PM
hmm... I don't have any spare cash right now, but i might be interested in another month or two

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 10:07 PM
That's good-she can only put out so many at once. Want me to PM you in a month or so?

proud gonzo
6/27/2006, 10:36 PM
yes--please remind me. I'm likely to forget :O :D

Czar Soonerov
6/27/2006, 10:59 PM
^ I missed that one.

Hey, I've built up a LITTLE leeway around here. You limp loser.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71463

And you're totally screwed. Your wife is going to see this.

Oh yeah?

http://f5.putfile.com/6/17723575252.jpg

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 11:06 PM
That thread is funny stuff. At least I was smart enough to post this on the SO and EXPECTED limp-dick replies. :D

And of COURSE Beano has a big negger. Someone has to be sheriff.

I'm going to Hell.

BajaOklahoma
6/27/2006, 11:53 PM
Czar, I'm betting that someone has already copied and pasted all of the pictures to VK. Someone with her email address.

So I'm thinking "Oh yeah?" is or will become shortly "Oh, s**t!"
Let me know what she ordered, okay? :)

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 11:55 PM
Baja is now my mostest favoritest person ever.

BUY SOME DAMN BEADWORK! :mad: