PDA

View Full Version : For my 1000th post...let me thank you guys...

SoonerStormchaser
6/26/2006, 08:26 PM
...for being the greatest buch of fans EVER.

You accepted me as a transplanted military brat who literally knew nothing about OU football before 2000.

Hell, I didn't know Switzer was a coach here when I arrived in the fall of '01...I just thought he was the Cowboys coach who won the Super Bowl.

I didn't know who Steve Williams was...and I still really don't. I'm just stupid that way.

Anyways...I'm headed to Alybamy in two weeks to begin Air Force Officer Training School...as they apparently think that a BS in Geosciences with a math minor earns me a navigator slot. So...until I can get back up here again...either to marry my sweetie...or I get assigned as a nav on AWACS...

...THANK YOU GUYS!!!

C&CDean
6/26/2006, 08:33 PM
Dude, they've got the innerweb in Alabama too. I'm just sayin'....

SoonerStormchaser
6/26/2006, 08:34 PM
But I probably won't...my fiance's pi##ed cause she can't call me...no cell phones...and I can only go off base if they let me. 12 weeks...oh man.

C&CDean
6/26/2006, 08:43 PM
12 weeks? By then, she'll be all knocked up by somebody else.....

12 weeks ain't ****. You can do it standing on your head.

StoopTroup
6/26/2006, 08:54 PM
You should do 1000 push-ups to celebrate. :D

Newbomb Turk
6/26/2006, 08:59 PM
Congrats - I like the sig line (the 2nd one) :D

Okla-homey
6/26/2006, 09:17 PM
...for being the greatest buch of fans EVER.

You accepted me as a transplanted military brat who literally knew nothing about OU football before 2000.

Hell, I didn't know Switzer was a coach here when I arrived in the fall of '01...I just thought he was the Cowboys coach who won the Super Bowl.

I didn't know who Steve Williams was...and I still really don't. I'm just stupid that way.

Anyways...I'm headed to Alybamy in two weeks to begin Air Force Officer Training School...as they apparently think that a BS in Geosciences with a math minor earns me a navigator slot. So...until I can get back up here again...either to marry my sweetie...or I get assigned as a nav on AWACS...

...THANK YOU GUYS!!!

Its hot in Montgomery in July. Drink plenty of water and don't volunteer for nothing. Have fun.

slickdawg
6/26/2006, 09:30 PM
Listen to Homey.

:les: LISTEN TO HOMEY!!!!!!!!!

olevetonahill
6/27/2006, 01:01 AM
Dayum only 12 weeks to make an ossifer now :eek:
Good luck Bro ;)

Vaevictis
6/27/2006, 01:05 AM
Its hot in Montgomery in July. Drink plenty of water and don't volunteer for nothing. Have fun.

And don't forget that in the absence of any verbal volunteers, eye contact counts as volunteering.

(or is that just a navy thing?)