PDA

View Full Version : So I got engaged...

NormanPride
6/26/2006, 10:53 AM
... to badger (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=39217) last Saturday night. It was on a beach, under the stars, and the ring fit perfectly.

There will be pictures at some point, but she has the camera and is much lazier than I. Is it sad that I thought of posting the news here before I thought about calling my grandparents? :D

colleyvillesooner
6/26/2006, 10:54 AM
Congrats!

Howzit
6/26/2006, 10:55 AM
Congrats, both of you.

GDC
6/26/2006, 10:59 AM
Congratulations and are we all invited to the wedding?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/26/2006, 11:01 AM
Awww, congrats you two!

NormanPride
6/26/2006, 11:02 AM
Congratulations and are we all invited to the wedding?

That's up to her! I don't know if she loves you all enough. :D

Thanks, guys! I'll try and pressure her into posting some pics in this thread, or at least giving them to me so I can.

Howzit
6/26/2006, 11:04 AM
That's up to her! I don't know if she loves you all enough. :D

Thanks, guys! I'll try and pressure her into posting some pics in this thread, or at least giving them to me so I can.

Pressure her? Just tell her - that's the way it works when you get married...

;)

NormanPride
6/26/2006, 11:08 AM
Pressure her? Just tell her - that's the way it works when you get married...

;)

Your prayers every night better start with "Dear God don't let my wife find SF.com..." :D

slickdawg
6/26/2006, 11:09 AM
Congratulations to both of you!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/26/2006, 12:08 PM
... to badger (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=39217) last Saturday night. It was on a beach, under the stars, and the ring fit perfectly.

There will be pictures at some point, but she has the camera and is much lazier than I. Is it sad that I thought of posting the news here before I thought about calling my grandparents? :D

pfft, you didn't propose on soonerfans?

ps what ever you do never do this to a family of badgers ba de ba de ba de ba de

BeetDigger
6/26/2006, 12:21 PM
Congratulations.

Don't worry, they balk the first couple of times that you tell them to "fetch you a beer" but they come around eventually. After 10 years, you don't have to ask anymore, they just watch and bring you one automatically.

BajaOklahoma
6/26/2006, 12:22 PM
Congrats!

We want pics!

crawfish
6/26/2006, 12:32 PM
So, you're going to have a wife nicknamed "badger"?

Good luck. :D

Oh, and congrats. ;)

LilSooner
6/26/2006, 12:33 PM
Congrats that's awesome!

NormanPride
6/26/2006, 01:03 PM
pfft, you didn't propose on soonerfans?

ps what ever you do never do this to a family of badgers ba de ba de ba de ba de

Man, I never even thought of that. And a jpeg of a ring is SO MUCH CHEAPER than a real ring! Gah! :)

GottaHavePride
6/26/2006, 01:20 PM
Heh. Congrats, NP.

usmc-sooner
6/26/2006, 02:06 PM
congratulations

wish you all the happiness in the world

GrapevineSooner
6/26/2006, 02:09 PM
Congrats you two.

Hoosier Dynasty
6/26/2006, 02:49 PM
Congrats and so begins the beginning of the end of your life as you knew it.

IB4OU2
6/26/2006, 03:19 PM
So is the date set yet? and congrats NP!

NormanPride
6/26/2006, 04:25 PM
Not a specific one set, but we're thinking springtime. I am not going to have a hot wedding or one that could possibly conflict with football. She's as much a fan as I am. :D

But when we set a date I'll be sure and tell you guys the wrong one so we won't see your hillbilly asses there. :mad:

;)

GDC
6/26/2006, 04:48 PM
Not a specific one set, but we're thinking springtime. I am not going to have a hot wedding or one that could possibly conflict with football. She's as much a fan as I am. :D

But when we set a date I'll be sure and tell you guys the wrong one so we won't see your hillbilly asses there. :mad:

;)

That's why I scheduled mine for OU-OSU weekend, to keep the riff-raff to a minimum.

ChickSoonerFan
6/26/2006, 05:50 PM
aawwww....how sweet...on the beach, under the stars, sounds very romantic. :) What beach?

Congrats!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/26/2006, 06:13 PM
What beach?

badger, hello? ;)

StoopTroup
6/26/2006, 06:20 PM
badger, hello? ;)
I was thinking the same thing...

We need confirmation...:D

Last Badger Post...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71794&page=2

bri
6/26/2006, 07:40 PM
NP, congrats.

badger, my condolences.

:D

NormanPride
6/26/2006, 09:36 PM
I was thinking the same thing...

We need confirmation...:D

Last Badger Post...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71794&page=2

Heh. I'm talking to her now on the phone and she says she'll post, but only if I stop calling her "lazy". ;)

She'll probably post the terrible recreation of :bsmf:. :O Have mercy.

slickdawg
6/26/2006, 09:39 PM
Will you invite me secretary to your wedding?

Do you take PHARRRRRRRRRRRRRRT this man PHARRRRRRRRT......

badger
6/26/2006, 09:43 PM
okay, okay, i'm finally here. Geez, you guys. I didn't know this thread existed. How often do I come to South Oval (neverrrr).

So you guys want details and pictures, eh? Well, you'll have to wait on pics, but I have a cute one I can share later.

What beach? Hilton Head Island in South Carolina, but of course. It is place NormanPride's family vacations to every other year. They invited me along this year... and well, I guess I got surprised.

For those of you who think "badger" is a stupid name for a sooner fan, I am originally from Wis-cahn-sin. However, NormanPride and I both spent five years in The Pride of Oklahoma (he was 2000-2004, I was 2001-2005) so we both love football. However, we have slightly different tastes in sports, methinks. I like slightly obscure sports on tv, like poker and the world cup, whereas he likes to complain about world cup refs, nba refs... you get the idea. His favorite words to yell at the tv are "come ON!"

Okay, so that was probably too many details, but long story short, we've been officially together since the Sugar Bowl (what a disappointing game... or was it :D:D:D We both love the Sooners, but we don't know when the wedding will be... and NO JPEG RING ALLOWED! I like the one you gave me just fine, thx ;)

StoopTroup
6/26/2006, 09:58 PM
Congrats you two.

Boomer Sooner!

SicEmBaylor
6/26/2006, 10:02 PM
Congrats!
Your tastes in schools may be suspect but your taste in each other is right on!

.........good gawd that was lame-O.....

NormanPride
6/26/2006, 10:09 PM
Congrats!

Oh, go drink a Smirnoff or something. :D

badger
6/26/2006, 10:13 PM
Oh, go drink a Smirnoff or something. :D

Is there something wrong with Smirnoff???

Thanks SicEm. So... are da bears gonna sell out their game with us this year, or are we going to get extra leg room again?

bri
6/26/2006, 10:15 PM
Congrats!

Shouldn't you be off somewhere sniffing around our barely legal posters or something? :D

SicEmBaylor
6/26/2006, 10:20 PM
Shouldn't you be off somewhere sniffing around our barely legal posters or something? :D

I've got her tied up on AIM right now. ;)

And Badger,
:sigh: I think it's probably safe to say you'll have plenty of leg room. We may have a FEW more people than in years past though. We'll see. We renovated the stadium a bit and fixed it up somewhat as well. Hope you enjoy. :D

bri
6/26/2006, 10:22 PM
I look forward to seeing you on a future episode of Dateline NBC. ;)

Tailwind
6/26/2006, 11:01 PM
Congrats to the both of ya.

OUinFLA
6/26/2006, 11:05 PM
Congrats, nothing quite like two Soonerfans getting together........for life.

SoonerDood
6/26/2006, 11:15 PM
why can't she come to my wedding again?

badger
6/26/2006, 11:41 PM
why can't she come to my wedding again?

let me fatham a guess as to who this is...

the reason I can't come is because some other Union alum is getting married the same day that you are. She asked me like a year ago to be a bridesmaid, so I am going to that wedding.

I couldn't bring myself to letting future Mrs. SoonerDood to know that I would have to miss it --- I saw her in the bridal shop trying on her wedding dress w/her mom helping by all the mirrors and stuff... alas, they both looked very happy and she looked wonderful, so it should be a great wedding.

sooneron
6/27/2006, 06:53 AM
Congrats! Now the fun starts!!! (wedding planning, heh)