PDA

View Full Version : Business or Pleasure?

SicEmBaylor
6/25/2006, 09:35 PM
So, I just found out the day that I'm planning to spend a weekend with this girl (who some of you may remember from the "Tulsa Fun" thread)in Branson is the same weekend that I'm suppose to be at S. Padre as the new chairman of the Baylor chapter of an organization I belong to for a state board meeting. This is important because I'm being relied upon to cast a vote against endoring Rick Perry for Governor.

On the other hand...there's no doubt where I'd rather be spending my time.

So, do I go for the a weekend of fun with the girl or fulfill my very FIRST responsibility as a new chapter chairman?

usmc-sooner
6/25/2006, 09:36 PM
get laid

Hoosier Dynasty
6/25/2006, 09:37 PM
Pleasure . . . do the guaranteed thing, the chairmanship may lead nowhere, whereas the girl thing will lead you to a quick (and satisfying) victory.

OUinFLA
6/25/2006, 09:39 PM
I cant believe you actually asked this board.
You just must some verification that getting laid is important.
:D

Melo
6/25/2006, 09:39 PM
If its your first responsibility, then that is the answer. You cant set your first responsibility aside for your second responsibility. It really sucks that you would have to cancel with the girl. But that can always be rescheduled. But on the flip side, if the girl is more important than the meeting bidness, maybe you'll be ok skipping out. But on the flip side of the flip side, how will it look and how will it refelct on Baylor if youre absent from this meeting? Will you get in 'trouble' for it later?

jk the sooner fan
6/25/2006, 09:40 PM
this is so simple

rick perry is such a shoo in for governor that it wont matter one bit what endorsement vote you cast against him

skip the "principal" of the business trip and go for the "pleasure"

usmc-sooner
6/25/2006, 09:41 PM
poon tang rocks

politics suck

your only young once, choose wisely

OCUDad
6/25/2006, 09:45 PM
Choose the activity where you think you can perform better.

Frozen Sooner
6/25/2006, 09:45 PM
This is a case of you thinking your student organization is way more important than it actually is. Send someone to South Padre in your stead and go get laid.

And I can't believe that you live in a world where going to South Padre is the "not getting laid" choice.

King Crimson
6/25/2006, 09:46 PM
your only young once, choose wisely

i'd like to think that didn't ring true....and no one knows what the F "endoring" is so ride the pony.

soonerboomer93
6/25/2006, 09:55 PM
*sigh* it's so amazingly simple

invite her to padre

SicEmBaylor
6/25/2006, 10:05 PM
If its your first responsibility, then that is the answer. You cant set your first responsibility aside for your second responsibility. It really sucks that you would have to cancel with the girl. But that can always be rescheduled. But on the flip side, if the girl is more important than the meeting bidness, maybe you'll be ok skipping out. But on the flip side of the flip side, how will it look and how will it refelct on Baylor if youre absent from this meeting? Will you get in 'trouble' for it later?

Well, it's not a requirement that I be there. Although there are many who do because they need me to vote. Although, assuming I can get someone else from Baylor to go then I can authorize them to vote for me via proxy.

And no, there is no trouble to get in. I zee head honcho and we're a very bottom to top not top to bottom organization.

jk the sooner fan
6/25/2006, 10:07 PM
and what candidate is your "organization" endorsing?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/25/2006, 10:09 PM
*sigh* it's so amazingly simple

invite her to padreding ding ding.

SicEmBaylor
6/25/2006, 10:09 PM
This is a case of you thinking your student organization is way more important than it actually is. Send someone to South Padre in your stead and go get laid.

And I can't believe that you live in a world where going to South Padre is the "not getting laid" choice.

Well, if the organization were of no real consequence then it'd be a no-brainer. But, the fact is that we have a considerable amount of clout in the state. We routinely affect the results of elections (especially in the primary which this is)and affect legislation. If our endorsement had no teeth or clout then I wouldn't care, but the fact is we have eough clout to somewhat change the dynamic of the camapign. And I think I'm in the minority on not endorsing Perry.

Anywhoo, I've been around doing this for 5 years. I think I can skip one of these damn things for some "me" time. :D

Melo
6/25/2006, 10:10 PM
Well, it's not a requirement that I be there. Although there are many who do because they need me to vote. Although, assuming I can get someone else from Baylor to go then I can authorize them to vote for me via proxy.

And no, there is no trouble to get in. I zee head honcho and we're a very bottom to top not top to bottom organization.

Oh. Then get someone else to do it.

Youve put a lot of thought into your plans, dont throw wm out.

SicEmBaylor
6/25/2006, 10:11 PM
and what candidate is your "organization" endorsing?
I'm advocating no endorsement at all.

the_ouskull
6/25/2006, 10:17 PM
Keep in mind that, if for whatever reasons, one of your superiors or whatever, ever happen upon this thread, it's going to look pretty badly on you. But yeah, I've got a few questions: 1) Is there any reason that she can't come with you? 2) If you can send someone else anyway, do you need OUR opinions? 3) If you're going to work and NOT be with her, I could keep her warm, but I'd need two forms of photo ID, including a head shot, as well as a copy of the last paper she's written. I feel that is the best way to get to know if someone is a moron or not... and if she is, she's my type of gal. :D

4) And why should we care about a Baylor fan until they're beating up on OSU...? THESE are the important questions, SicEm.

the_ouskull

Frozen Sooner
6/25/2006, 10:18 PM
Anyone else think SicEm sounds a lot like the gubernatorial candidate in "O Brother Where Art Thou?"

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I belong to a certain social organization dedicated to preserving the traditions of our proud heritage, I'm sure I don't need to go into more details here..."

If he starts ranting about miscenegations, I'm outtie again.

SicEmBaylor
6/25/2006, 10:25 PM
I can tell you're a thinking man; I respect that.

Keep in mind that, if for whatever reasons, one of your superiors or whatever, ever happen upon this thread, it's going to look pretty badly on you.

I can gurantee you that if the fate of the entire world rested upon them visiting a sooner fan message board in order to save all of humanity then they STILL would not do so.

But yeah, I've got a few questions: 1) Is there any reason that she can't come with you?

Distance is an issue. Also, I've already got the room reserved for us, the tickets, etc. Also, it isn't that outsiders are unwelcome but we're a pretty "rough" bunch with each other. I'm terrified what they'd say to her. I can see it ending in disaster and her in tears and needing therapy for the rest of her life.

2) If you can send someone else anyway, do you need OUR opinions?

I can send a proxy but nothing obligates them to vote the way that I want them to. Like I said, most are inclinded to endorse and anyone from Baylor but me would probably do so. Also, I'm not how sure I am of finding someone to go down there. The Baylor chapter is in a sorry state right now after some issues with a previous chairman. I've gotta pick up the pieces, but I won't have time before the end of next month with school out.

3) If you're going to work and NOT be with her, I could keep her warm, but I'd need two forms of photo ID, including a head shot, as well as a copy of the last paper she's written. I feel that is the best way to get to know if someone is a moron or not... and if she is, she's my type of gal. :D

Hah, not likely!

4) And why should we care about a Baylor fan until they're beating up on OSU...? THESE are the important questions, SicEm.

You should always respect your true masters.

the_ouskull

SicEmBaylor
6/25/2006, 10:26 PM
Anyone else think SicEm sounds a lot like the gubernatorial candidate in "O Brother Where Art Thou?"

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I belong to a certain social organization dedicated to preserving the traditions of our proud heritage, I'm sure I don't need to go into more details here..."

If he starts ranting about miscenegations, I'm outtie again.

It's probably the same group. ;)

usmc-sooner
6/25/2006, 10:29 PM
It's probably the same group. ;)

heh, hit it

SoonerInKCMO
6/25/2006, 10:29 PM
All right, I'll ask - you gonna tell us what this 'organization' is?

critical_phil
6/25/2006, 10:31 PM
is this another thread where SicEm almost gets laid, but doesn't??

SicEmBaylor
6/25/2006, 10:31 PM
All right, I'll ask - you gonna tell us what this 'organization' is?
No, see...I hate doing that because we get a bad rap at times. And some anonoymity is a good thing. Anywhoo, if you want to know that badly I'll PM it to you.

SicEmBaylor
6/25/2006, 10:32 PM
is this another thread where SicEm almost gets laid, but doesn't??

Well, you'll be one of the first to know. I told Melo I'd take my laptop and give an update at the hotel if I'm able to.

Frozen Sooner
6/25/2006, 10:32 PM
Holy crap, you really ARE in the KKK.

SicEmBaylor
6/25/2006, 10:34 PM
:texan:

(I'm not)

Frozen Sooner
6/25/2006, 10:35 PM
Flip-flopper.

usmc-sooner
6/25/2006, 10:43 PM
Sicem

if they gave me the choice to kill OSBL or go home and have sex with my wife,Osama will have to live another day.

Frozen Sooner
6/25/2006, 10:45 PM
^^
That's harcore, mang.

Though given the same choice, I'm not so sure I don't vote the same way.

(ducks.)
:D

SicEmBaylor
6/25/2006, 10:47 PM
Sicem

if they gave me the choice to kill OSBL or go home and have sex with my wife,Osama will have to live another day.
I'm taking your advice. The girl it is.

soonerboomer93
6/25/2006, 10:50 PM

um, i don't think they allow people who drive pink new beetles with flower plates to be in the KKK:texan:

SicEmBaylor
6/25/2006, 10:51 PM
um, i don't think they allow people who drive pink new beetles with flower plates to be in the KKK:texan:
:sigh:

It's RED!

Frozen Sooner
6/25/2006, 10:54 PM

Just think, SicEm will be the only guy there in 750 thread count flower-patterned sheets.

soonerboomer93
6/25/2006, 11:09 PM
he said it's an organization in which the guys like to be rough on each other, and might cause her to need therapy. so that may not be the case

Melo
6/26/2006, 12:09 AM
:sigh:

It's RED!

Are you sure? :confused:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/image001copy.jpg

Stanley1
6/26/2006, 12:10 AM
Sicem

I'd need to see a pic before I could decide. :D

Stanley1
6/26/2006, 12:10 AM
SicEm, why not invite the girl to Padre like was earlier suggested (don't think you answered yet)?

If that won't work, go to Branson and PIITB. YWIA.

OKC Sooner
6/26/2006, 12:26 AM
Not KKK, huh? Hmmmm.... I'm guessing it's Amway.

SicEmBaylor
6/26/2006, 01:20 AM
SicEm, why not invite the girl to Padre like was earlier suggested (don't think you answered yet)?

If that won't work, go to Branson and PIITB. YWIA.

Answered in post 20.

Vaevictis
6/26/2006, 02:32 AM
Ultimately, you have to decide which is more important to you. And keep the following in mind: if you blow off the girl, you're sending the message that she's less important.

For my money, I go with the girl because, frankly, you set that appointment first, and she cleared the time to come visit you.

Send the proxy.

SicEmBaylor
6/26/2006, 03:51 AM
I'm going to send the proxy, but if he votes to endorse then I'm going to kill the guy and blood will be on the hands of the south oval.

sooner_born_1960
6/26/2006, 06:55 AM
The South Oval has killed more people than you can count. One Baylor student, more or less, won't make nay difference.

AlbqSooner
6/26/2006, 06:59 AM
Pleasure . . . do the guaranteed thing, the chairmanship may lead nowhere, whereas the girl thing will lead you to a quick (and satisfying) victory.
Baylor victories are hard to come by. In the words of Janis Joplin, get it while you can.

crawfish
6/26/2006, 07:32 AM
I'm advocating no endorsement at all.

Why the hell wouldn't you endorse Kinky? :D

SicEmBaylor
6/26/2006, 05:36 PM
Why the hell wouldn't you endorse Kinky? :D
Actually, I would endorse Kinky but that won't fly with the general group. There are quite a few of us supporting his candidacy just to kind of throw a wrench into the machinery of government. But it's unlikely he'd get an endorsement.

StoopTroup
6/26/2006, 05:41 PM
Go do the meeting...

Plenty of phish in the sea...

She's a keeper if she understands.

BeetDigger
6/26/2006, 06:01 PM
Why the hell wouldn't you get Kinky? :D

That's really the question.

hurricane'bone
6/26/2006, 07:01 PM
your organization's website sucks

SicEmBaylor
6/26/2006, 09:42 PM
your organization's website sucks
The one on my sig? That's not the one I'm talking about.