PDA

View Full Version : TATTOO

setem
6/25/2006, 05:55 PM
http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-1654576reg.jpg

It is on my back up by my left shoulder. It is not solid it is just the white part in black. Instead of an A on it I got a J for my name. It is pretty big Crazy stuff, it is my 1st tatt. Who all on the board had a tattoo?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/25/2006, 05:59 PM
Huh? Is this a joke?

setem
6/25/2006, 06:01 PM
No I got a tattoo.

jk the sooner fan
6/25/2006, 06:02 PM
i've never seen any design or picture that i'd want on my body for the rest of my life........not even the OU logo.....

SicEmBaylor
6/25/2006, 06:02 PM
I got drunk one night and wantd "Pro Ecclesia Pro Texana" tattooed on my arm, but I sobered up and thank god they wouldn't have done it while I was drunk anyway.

setem
6/25/2006, 06:06 PM
My brother is getting one and he said he would pay for it if i went 1st to see how it feels. It stung a bit but doesnt hurt at all now.

OUHOMER
6/25/2006, 06:40 PM
i want to jump off a mountain top,,, But wait you go first and tell me what you think>>>

OUHOMER
6/25/2006, 06:41 PM
And No i do not have one, dont think i ever will...But congrats,,,Now they can identify your body if you ever get decapated

Okla-homey
6/25/2006, 06:45 PM
And they are very useful to the police for aiding in the positive identification and capture of fleeing felons.

Which is a plus.;)

ChickSoonerFan
6/25/2006, 06:46 PM
i've never seen any design or picture that i'd want on my body for the rest of my life........not even the OU logo.....

I have my daughters' names on my ankles...and one other one from when I was really young.

I don't really know that I regret them, but if I had to do it over, I would put their names somewhere else that could be hidden easier..maybe.

hurricane'bone
6/25/2006, 06:46 PM
I've got one, its on my left shoulder blade, basically behind my heart, its my fraterneity letters. Probably isn't any bigger than 3-4 inches long and an inch high. I was going to get a shamrock intertwined around the phi symbol, but decided against it.

jk the sooner fan
6/25/2006, 06:49 PM
I have my daughters' names on my ankles...and one other one from when I was really young.

I don't really know that I regret them, but if I had to do it over, I would put their names somewhere else that could be hidden easier..maybe.

i have no issues with others getting them or having them...... i think your kids names are probably one of the safest bets as far as long term goes

i've thought about getting one for years, but its just something thats never been a thing "i had to do"

Okla-homey
6/25/2006, 07:05 PM
i have no issues with others getting them or having them...... i think your kids names are probably one of the safest bets as far as long term goes

i've thought about getting one for years, but its just something thats never been a thing "i had to do"

I dunno. I guess it was just programmed in growing up in the '60's that tats were "trashy."

I know they are an artform and all that stuff, and I know perfectly respectable people who got them. That said, being of the generation which is doing a lot of the hiring and firing these days, I can honestly say that given two equal candidates for a job, the one who gets hired is the one without ink. Fair? Probably not. Does it happen? Definitely. Therefore, why voluntarily take on an occupational/professional liability?

hurricane'bone
6/25/2006, 07:59 PM
I dunno. I guess it was just programmed in growing up in the '60's that tats were "trashy."

I know they are an artform and all that stuff, and I know perfectly respectable people who got them. That said, being of the generation which is doing a lot of the hiring and firing these days, I can honestly say that given two equal candidates for a job, the one who gets hired is the one without ink. Fair? Probably not. Does it happen? Definitely. Therefore, why voluntarily take on an occupational/professional liability?

because the only way a potential employer will see my tattoo is if I'm not wearing a shirt.

jk the sooner fan
6/25/2006, 08:42 PM

i grew up the same way.....

IB4OU2
6/25/2006, 09:51 PM
I've got a small one and I've hired several young proffesionals that have a tattoo and it weighed little to nothing on my decision to hire them.

Welcome to the 21st century.....;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/25/2006, 09:54 PM
http://www.franksreelreviews.com/shorttakes/tattoo/tatu2.jpg

"Ze plane! Ze plane!!!"

usmc-sooner
6/25/2006, 09:58 PM
I got 2 when I was younger
really wish I would have thought it threw cause now I wish I didn't do it.

IB4OU2
6/25/2006, 09:59 PM
http://www.franksreelreviews.com/shorttakes/tattoo/tatu2.jpg

"Ze plane! Ze plane!!!"

:D

GDC
6/25/2006, 10:02 PM
http://web.grinnell.edu/resnet/images/biohazard.gif

SoonerInKCMO
6/25/2006, 10:54 PM
i grew up the same way.....

I'm not nearly as old as either of y'all :texan: but I feel the same way.

Frozen Sooner
6/25/2006, 11:05 PM
I've got two. Were I to go back to when I got 'em, I'd tell the younger Froze that **** that seems important at age 19 is not the same **** that seems important at 31, but neither tattoo has caused me any sort of problem whatsoever so go ahead-but you should really just drop that $150 on some Yahoo stock or something.

SicEmBaylor
6/25/2006, 11:14 PM
A tattoo costs $150? holy hell.

Frozen Sooner
6/25/2006, 11:19 PM
Back in 1994 they did, but it was two of them. I imagine they're more expensive now.

setem
6/26/2006, 12:45 AM
120 it is pretty big though.

PrideTuba
6/26/2006, 12:46 AM
I have 3 tattoos, one of them I did myself. I have a 7" x 7" skull and cross bones on my right calf, a bass clef on my upper right arm, and a pirate flag 2" above my left knee. The skull and crossbones cost me $250 and it probably should have been around $350-$400, but I got an insane deal. Im hopefully getting a couple more done in September at a new shop called Atomic Lotus. The guy that did my skull and crossbones will be there so im going back to him, hes expensive ($125 an hour) but its worth it, the art is amazing.

I will not get any tattoos above my neck, or below the elbows simply because I do not want to wear long sleeved shirts for the rest of my working life. I think there is nothing wrong with having tattoos and getting jobs, it shouldnt matter at all, as long as they can be covered without too much hassle.

setem
6/26/2006, 12:47 AM
I got mine at Atomic Lotus!

Spooky wooooooooooooooo!

PrideTuba
6/26/2006, 12:52 AM
Who did it? I dont think they have any regular, full time artists, just guest spots. The guy that im going to in semptember is Mark Thompson, the other guy I want to go to is named Monte.

setem
6/26/2006, 12:56 AM
The guy I got was from New Zealand. He was pretty cool. He made some pretty messed up jokes. Like he would say OOPS! and You wanted it in purple right?

Everyone there is pretty damn cool.

SicEmBaylor
6/26/2006, 01:33 AM
Are brandings still popular?

frankensooner
6/26/2006, 09:21 AM
When I was in eighth grade, a kid stabbed me in the leg with a pencil. I still have a pencil colored mark on my leg. That is the only work I have ever had done. If anyone is interested, I will come to a tailgate and show it too them, it is pretty cool. ;)

Scott D
6/26/2006, 09:33 AM

I danno, I find irony in anything for kids growing up in the 60s being "trashy" considering everything that kids did in the 60s :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/26/2006, 09:34 AM
My cousin got some barbed wire tattooed on his bicep. The only problem was, he didn't have enough money for them to do the whole thing. So the barbed wire doesn't go all the way around his arm.

For me, I am too big of a wuss for a tattoo. Plus, I can't think of anything I would want marked on me for life. I wonder what all those chicks with tramp stamps are going to do when their little butterfly starts to look like a full sized kite.

SoonerInKCMO
6/26/2006, 09:39 AM
I wonder what all those chicks with tramp stamps are going to do when their little butterfly starts to look like a full sized kite.

Or what they'll do when they're in the nursing home and somebody's great-grandpa says "might as well be a target!".

Pricetag
6/26/2006, 10:39 AM
My cousin got some barbed wire tattooed on his bicep.
I don't have a problem with tattoos as a whole, but I immediately dismiss all dudes with band-type tats that go all the way around the arm as a-holes.

Boarder
6/26/2006, 12:16 PM
Not enough money to complete it=Skeered that it's gonna hurt too bad on the underside of the arm

Don't get tattoos. If you don't regret it, you'll just wish you hadn't done it.

Don't call them tatts. It's goofy. It ranks just below the "B" word.

Don't get a sports team logo. Or a brand name, for that matter.

My wife's cousin Becky had a boyfriend that had his ex's name Jenny on his neck. Jenny is also the name of Becky's sister. If that's not creepy, I don't know what is.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/26/2006, 12:42 PM
My friend's husband has a tattoo that has the letters "KLD" and "EDD" inside of a heart on his arm.

The other day I asked him who Edd was. Everyone laughed when he said "I used to be bisexual." Actually, those are the initials of his daughters.

Pricetag
6/26/2006, 12:44 PM
Don't get a sports team logo.
I saw a dude with a disco OU logo tattoo down on campus corner before a game a season or two ago. Ouch!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/26/2006, 12:46 PM
The only people who should have a sports team's logo are people who actually wore the uniform and hit the field/court.

49r
6/26/2006, 12:52 PM
Not enough money to complete it=Skeered that it's gonna hurt too bad on the underside of the arm

Don't get tattoos. If you don't regret it, you'll just wish you hadn't done it.

Don't call them tatts. It's goofy. It ranks just below the "B" word.

Don't get a sports team logo. Or a brand name, for that matter.

My wife's cousin Becky had a boyfriend that had his ex's name Jenny on his neck. Jenny is also the name of Becky's sister. If that's not creepy, I don't know what is.

I know a dude that got the Nike swoosh tattooed on his chest.

I guess he really likes the shoes...

frankensooner
6/26/2006, 01:04 PM
:rolleyes: How about an upside-down whorn head, (Hook 'em)wouldn't that be cool :rolleyes: :texan: :texan: :texan:

Stanley1
6/26/2006, 01:13 PM
I've considered one for years, but can't think of anything I'd want forever. Thought about my initials, something sports related, or a cross.

Boarder
6/26/2006, 02:07 PM
If you do get a sports logo, they can be covered up later *cough* if you figure out how stupid you were.

Stanley1
6/26/2006, 02:11 PM
If you do get a sports logo, they can be covered up later *cough* if you figure out how stupid you were.

Who said a logo? For instance, I love the sport of baseball, so something having to do with baseball makes sense for me.

I also don't understand why getting an OU logo (assuming you went to school there) would be a problem. Whats wrong with loving your alma mater?

Mjcpr
6/26/2006, 02:13 PM
Who said a logo? For instance, I love the sport of baseball, so something having to do with baseball makes sense for me.

You mean like a bat and balls?

Stanley1
6/26/2006, 02:14 PM
You mean like a bat and balls?

:O

Thats why I never got anything, couldn't think of something that wouldn't be a little silly, though the thought of just a baseball, to me, doesn't sound all that bad.

C&CDean
6/26/2006, 02:22 PM

So, how's that Dallas Cowboy tattoo working out for you?

If you don't have tattoos, don't get them. If you do, you're already ****ed, so go ahead and tattoo your face. Nobody cares, cause you already are a loser.

Boarder
6/26/2006, 02:32 PM

What Dallas Cowboys (or Disco OU logo) tattoo? See note above about covering it up.

If you don't have tattoos, don't get them. If you do, you're already pooped, so go ahead and tattoo your face. Nobody cares, cause you already are a loser.

Pretty much. I'm a loser, you're a loser, wouldn't you like to be a loser too!

jeremy885
6/26/2006, 02:33 PM
My cousin got some barbed wire tattooed on his bicep. The only problem was, he didn't have enough money for them to do the whole thing. So the barbed wire doesn't go all the way around his arm.

For me, I am too big of a wuss for a tattoo. Plus, I can't think of anything I would want marked on me for life. I wonder what all those chicks with tramp stamps are going to do when their little butterfly starts to look like a full sized kite.

His name isn't Chris is it? Same thing happened to one of my frat brothers.

Boarder
6/26/2006, 02:34 PM
Who said a logo?

Me. I have first hand experience. HAD first hand experience.

C&CDean
6/26/2006, 02:36 PM
Me. I have first hand experience. HAD first hand experience.

Oh no, my loserness trumps your loserness. I HAD an ex-wife's name on my arm......

Stanley1
6/26/2006, 02:44 PM
Oh no, my loserness trumps your loserness. I HAD an ex-wife's name on my arm......

Did she have a short name? Otherwise, how would it fit on such a tiny surface? :confused:

C&CDean
6/26/2006, 02:50 PM
Did she have a short name? Otherwise, how would it fit on such a tiny surface? :confused:

Chicksoonerfan ain't all that short.

Boarder
6/26/2006, 02:50 PM
OK. You convinced me. You're a bigger loser. If I would have had the disco OU on my neck that may have gotten me the nod.

C&CDean
6/26/2006, 02:52 PM
Well, I just checked the loser guide. The fact that you actually had Dallas "Anything" on your body trumps all.

Boarder
6/26/2006, 02:58 PM
You're saying your ex wife is better than Dallas?

Stanley1
6/26/2006, 02:58 PM

At football? Yes. :D

C&CDean
6/26/2006, 03:17 PM

Satan is better than Dallas.

BoogercountySooner
6/26/2006, 03:28 PM
I've got a small one
Welcome to the 21st century.....;)

TMI Bro!;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/26/2006, 04:21 PM
His name isn't Chris is it? Same thing happened to one of my frat brothers.No.

OCUDad
6/26/2006, 04:31 PM
I've got a small one:eek:

Scott D
6/26/2006, 04:37 PM

If you don't have tattoos, don't get them. If you do, you're already ****ed, so go ahead and tattoo your face. Nobody cares, cause you already are a loser.

so you gonna be sportin a face tattoo at the next tailgate? :D

C&CDean
6/26/2006, 04:38 PM
so you gonna be sportin a face tattoo at the next tailgate? :D

Guess you'll have to show up to see huh?

Scott D
6/26/2006, 04:40 PM
Depends, you gonna let 4Life hide behind yo *** again?

TheHumanAlphabet
6/26/2006, 05:47 PM
Those of you that like skin art - more power to you...

I just think of me lying dead in a casket and thinking of wrinkled skin, sunspots and stretched/loose hanging skin and think that anything that might look good at 25 probably will not look so great at 85...

I knew a naval enlisted dood that was drunk one night in SE Asia, his buddies got him stars tattooed on his ears lobes...Lookin' good in the casket I say!

setem
6/26/2006, 06:56 PM
I would never get a tattoo that couldnt be covered up easy. I didnt get the Oakland Elephant because I like them.(I do) I got it because elephants are a sign of power and commitment. I am a high school baseball coach. If I ever win at state championship I am going to get the season record put inside the baseball.

yikes!

C&CDean
6/26/2006, 07:45 PM
I would never get a tattoo that couldnt be covered up easy. I didnt get the Oakland Elephant because I like them.(I do) I got it because elephants are a sign of power and commitment. I am a high school baseball coach. If I ever when at state championship I am going to get the season record put inside the baseball.

No offense, but instead of a tattoo, how about taking one of those high school English courses?

Tiptonsooner
6/26/2006, 07:49 PM
LOL, Dean you are truly, the ****s. I do mean that in the nicest way possible.

OU4LIFE
6/28/2006, 08:44 AM
Depends, you gonna let 4Life hide behind yo *** again?

this get's an unqualified "yes". Dean is my bodyguard. I pay him in milk money.

So don't f*ck with me. clear?

Mjcpr
6/28/2006, 08:45 AM
No way this was on the front page.

OU4LIFE
6/28/2006, 08:57 AM
twas.

go look.

OU4LIFE
6/28/2006, 09:08 AM
No way this was on the front page.

http://members.cox.net/markandrob/squeek.jpg

Mjcpr
6/28/2006, 09:09 AM
Oh, you meant your front page.

OU4LIFE
6/28/2006, 09:53 AM
Ed Zachary.

MamaMia
6/28/2006, 10:41 PM
I've got one, its on my left shoulder blade, basically behind my heart, its my fraterneity letters. Probably isn't any bigger than 3-4 inches long and an inch high. I was going to get a shamrock intertwined around the phi symbol, but decided against it. Is the shamrock associated with your fraternity symbol?