PDA

View Full Version : Our baseball season, mercifully, is finally over

tulsaoilerfan
6/25/2006, 03:35 PM
Over the last 3 weeks, we had 5 kids quit on us, so we had to pick up 3 just to play in the State Tournament this weekend; we went 1-2 and played pretty well the first 2 games, but today went like most of the last month has went with no hitting and horrible plate discipline and we got run ruled by a pretty decent team from Enid. I'm glad it's over, but i'm sad for my son because he loves to play and this last month has been really hard and frustrating for him because of all the mass defections from what wasn't really that bad of a team; i guess in the world of competitive baseball, there is no such thing as honoring your commitment to a team, and that's a damn shame. :mad:

BajaOklahoma
6/25/2006, 03:43 PM
It's sad that parents don't get it. They are not doing their kids a favor by letting them drop out - though I can see where a kid not trying is a bad thing too.
Hopefully he will find a team of good kids.

Okla-homey
6/25/2006, 07:20 PM
Over the last 3 weeks, we had 5 kids quit on us, so we had to pick up 3 just to play in the State Tournament this weekend; we went 1-2 and played pretty well the first 2 games, but today went like most of the last month has went with no hitting and horrible plate discipline and we got run ruled by a pretty decent team from Enid. I'm glad it's over, but i'm sad for my son because he loves to play and this last month has been really hard and frustrating for him because of all the mass defections from what wasn't really that bad of a team; i guess in the world of competitive baseball, there is no such thing as honoring your commitment to a team, and that's a damn shame. :mad:

That is the succ for your son. I dunno how I feel about the extra-scholastic competive leagues. Just seems like its best to play HS ball and when the season ends, its over 'til next spring. At least there's no danger of half the kids bailing in the middle of the season.

SoonerStormchaser
6/25/2006, 07:41 PM
i guess in the world of competitive baseball, there is no such thing as honoring your commitment to a team, and that's a damn shame. :mad:

Tell that to Scottie Reynolds and the other two pussies...