PDA

View Full Version : aggie has brain surgery

Flagstaffsooner
6/24/2006, 11:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2499698&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

There are all kinds of funny things to say here but I will leave it alone and wish him the best.

soonerhubs
6/24/2006, 11:54 PM
I hope he recovers fully. That has got to be some trauma.

Big Red Ron
6/25/2006, 12:01 AM
When asked this weekend to recall his jersey number with the Redskins, Manley answered, "7272," and he also confused the names of some of his closer friends.

Heh..

he said, 'Houston.' The nurse said, 'Oh, you're a Longhorn,' and he said, 'Yes.' He's not confused. He's fine; he's blessed. He might be a little off, but not that far off. He's OK."

Flagstaffsooner
6/25/2006, 12:08 AM
I've held in to long.

Why does it take 10.5 hrs to work on something the size of a pea?

I hope they didnt damage the reading area of his brain.

'Oh, you're a Longhorn,'

No diff between a whorn and a stupid aggie.

OKC-SLC
6/25/2006, 12:24 AM
must....

not....

say something awful.....

Jello Biafra
6/25/2006, 12:37 AM
yeh.........................

i'm gonna let this thread go before no amount of hail mary will bring me back.........

BajaOklahoma
6/25/2006, 12:37 AM
I've held in to long.

No diff between a whorn and a stupid aggie.

It is difficult to get to that area of the brain without damaging some very important areas. The tools are very, very small. A cyst the size of a quarter is pretty big when you are talking about it being in the brain.
And the issue with a cyst it that you have to remove all of the cyst tissue - if you leave any of it, it will form again.
Sad, but I am glad he is okay.

Flagstaffsooner
6/25/2006, 12:55 AM
It is difficult to get to that area of the brain without damaging some very important areas. The tools are very, very small. A cyst the size of a quarter is pretty big when you are talking about it being in the brain.
And the issue with a cyst it that you have to remove all of the cyst tissue - if you leave any of it, it will form again.
Sad, but I am glad he is okay.I meant the whole brain was the size of a pea.

Blue
6/25/2006, 01:48 AM
Making fun of brain damage.

Screw you guys...

Readyfor8
6/25/2006, 02:23 AM
Making fun of brain damage.

Screw you guys...

Hit a little close to home?

Blue
6/25/2006, 02:32 AM
Hit a little close to home?

Not really.

Do you think it's funny?

Flagstaffsooner
6/25/2006, 03:57 AM
Not really.

Do you think it's funny?Settle down Blue. We all wish for Dexter's recovery. We are laughing about anything concerning aggie and brains.

Blue
6/25/2006, 04:09 AM
Settle down Blue. We all wish for Dexter's recovery. We are laughing about anything concerning aggie and brains.

Bull****. Ready knows what he posted.

I bet he thinks it's stupid right about now.

olevetonahill
6/25/2006, 04:49 AM
Not really.

Do you think it's funny?
I just got back in here . But having fun at an aggie Is Much more PC than Laughing about killing someone ;)
If you dont like the thread , Dont post in it . Wasnt that what you said to me ?

olevetonahill
6/25/2006, 04:54 AM
Settle down Blue. We all wish for Dexter's recovery. We are laughing about anything concerning aggie and brains.
That is the Greatest example Of an oxymoron :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Blue
6/25/2006, 04:54 AM
I just got back in here . But having fun at an aggie Is Much more PC than Laughing about killing someone ;)
If you dont like the thread , Dont post in it . Wasnt that what you said to me ?

STFU. ;)

Blue
6/25/2006, 04:55 AM
That is the Greatest example Of an oxymoron :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Quit being stupid....

olevetonahill
6/25/2006, 04:56 AM
STFU. ;)
So are you saying you LIke this thread ? :D
Dayum is that shoe uncomfortable ? ;)

olevetonahill
6/25/2006, 04:57 AM
Quit being stupid....
Dexter cant understand you !
hes in recovery :eek:

Flagstaffsooner
6/25/2006, 05:35 AM
Methinks Blue is aggie.

olevetonahill
6/25/2006, 05:40 AM
Methinks Blue is aggie.
Methinks he might be Dexter Jr . Maybe why he got pizzed :D

zeke
6/25/2006, 08:08 AM
Sad deal.
Sad to make light of it too. Class acts you guys are.

SoonerStormchaser
6/25/2006, 10:30 AM
I read the title and thought God had performed a miracle on Fran...and I was ****ed cause Fran doesn't deserve that!

Hope the kid comes through ok. Cause I wouldn't want his last memory to be the digits 77-0.

Flagstaffsooner
6/25/2006, 10:45 AM
Sad deal.
Sad to make light of it too. Class acts you guys are.aggie troll.
We have all spoken for Dexters recovery.

Readyfor8
6/25/2006, 12:12 PM

Naw, i was just having a bit of fun while I had a bit to drink. It's all in good fun, I hope dexter gets better, but I bet after he gets out even his buddies make a little bit of fun at the situation.

goingoneight
6/25/2006, 02:33 PM

Why don't you post something like this about an OU player on www.o-state.com and tell me what kind of responses you get... At least people do have sympathy here... underneath the joking...

Big Red Ron
6/25/2006, 02:54 PM
Why don't you post something like this about an OU player on www.o-state.com (http://www.o-state.com) and tell me what kind of responses you get... At least people do have sympathy here... underneath the joking...speak for yourself.......................................... .................................................. ............................
i keed.............................................. ..................................................

:D

Jimminy Crimson
6/25/2006, 04:18 PM
The most shocking part of this story is that an aggy has a brain.

Dexter of all people!

:D

OUstud
6/25/2006, 05:10 PM
I've held in to long.

Um, no offense but if you're going to make fun of someone's brain, shouldn't you use "too" correctly? ;)

RedstickSooner
6/26/2006, 11:52 AM
Man, we've got some touchy aggies 'round here. Best part is they try to pretend they *aren't* aggies when we get their panties in a bunch.

Obviously, nobody wants the dude to get hurt. Nobody thinks it's a good thing that *anyone* has to go through what he's gone through and will continue to go through over the course of the recovery process.

However, we generally consider aggies to be pretty stupid. That's sort of a given around here. So, when we hear "aggie" and "brain surgery" in the same headline -- it gives us pause, and then causes us to start to giggle.

If a guy who had formerly played for, say, Princeton, or Yale, or even the Cal Bears had gone in for brain surgery -- we'd have no chuckles. But that isn't the case. He's an aggie. Hence, plenty of funny thoughts come to mind.

goingoneight
6/28/2006, 10:29 PM
Aggy.

That is the Greatest example Of a moron :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well... Duh. :rolleyes:

goingoneight
6/28/2006, 10:32 PM
What's the latest, though? I actually do hope he's alright.