PDA

View Full Version : Heard from an old AF bud for the first time in years

Okla-homey
6/24/2006, 09:30 PM
He lives in Edmond and was in town and decided to drop by.

Most amazing things I learned:

A common buddy from back in our B-52 days (who flies for American out of Miami) got his flippin' left index finger bitten off at a Dolphins game three years ago.:eek:

It seems our bud was confronting an obnoxious drunk at a game in Miami whereupon said obnoxious drunk attacked him. Our bud puts the guy in a headlock instead of decking him and the SOB proceeded to gnaw our bud's finger off.

They tried to reattach it but it didn't "take"

So, if you are ever flying American and notice a captain with only four fingers on his left hand, just point to his hand and yell "Go Dolphins!" and he'll think you are telepathic or something.

Jerk
6/24/2006, 09:39 PM
Sounds like the drunk deserves a round-house kick to the head.

Okla-homey
6/24/2006, 09:53 PM
Also learned a former squadronmate of ours killed himself seven years ago. The guy had took to drinking and his wife left him. He took it hard and began drinking more. He ended up back in Georgia living in a shack in the woods kinda Ted Kazinski-style. He blew his head off.

That guy, when sober, was the most intuitive hunter I ever hunted with. He could spot game no one else could. I once went squirrel hunting with him when we were stationed in Arkansas and that guy killed more squirrels with a .22 in two hours than I got all day with a .410.

RIP Mark. I hope you finally found peace.

olevetonahill
6/24/2006, 10:12 PM
Also learned a former squadronmate of ours killed himself seven years ago. The guy had took to drinking and his wife left him. He took it hard and began drinking more. He ended up back in Georgia living in a shack in the woods kinda Ted Kazinski-style. He blew his head off.

That guy, when sober, was the most intuitive hunter I ever hunted with. He could spot game no one else could. I once went squirrel hunting with him when we were stationed in Arkansas and that guy killed more squirrels with a .22 in two hours than I got all day with a .410.

I drink . I live in the woods of Ok ina shack on a hill . But i aint snuffin myself :eek:
Homey I know it hurts to find out that youve lost someone that was close
I went to the Wall ( moving wall ) in Muskogee in like 94 ?
Saw a close friends Name there That I thot Made it out rite behind me in 70
:mad:
Still chokes this ole dude here up
So to Mark I give a salut , If yall think about it give ole Fig one to ok ?

Jerk
6/24/2006, 10:13 PM

Sounds like that guy had some old demons he just couldn't get rid of.

It's kind of wierd when you find out someone you knew is dead.

I found out a few years ago that a guy I used to hang out with in high school got killed crossing the RR tracks up on the north side of Edmond. The dude was an absolute pr!ck to women but he had these blue eyes that drove them nuts so he could have his way with them anway.

Okla-homey
6/24/2006, 10:17 PM
I drink . I live in the woods of Ok ina shack on a hill . But i aint snuffin myself :eek:
Homey I know it hurts to find out that youve lost someone that was close
I went to the Wall ( moving wall ) in Muskogee in like 94 ?
Saw a close friends Name there That I thot Made it out rite behind me in 70
:mad:
Still chokes this ole dude here up
So to Mark I give a salut , If yall think about it give ole Fig one to ok ?

Amen

olevetonahill
6/24/2006, 10:20 PM
Amen
YMSSRA
Hell I tried Homey

Blue
6/25/2006, 01:31 AM
Saweet!

GDC
6/25/2006, 10:47 AM
I saw where an old friend of mine who is now an AF lieutenant colonel got married the other day to another AF officer up in the Dakotas. He flew B-52s I think also.

SoonerStormchaser
6/25/2006, 10:51 AM
I'm headed to Maxwell AFB, Alabama in two weeks to start OTS...and become a nav...hopefully AWACS.

So to all you vets out there...SALUTE!!!

Flagstaffsooner
6/25/2006, 11:19 AM
If yall think about it give ole Fig one to ok
done
http://coop.jsc.nasa.gov/photo/2003/springwork/missing_man.jpg