PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fighter

Sooner_Bob
6/24/2006, 08:32 PM
Season finale is on Spike right now . . . so far it's been a pretty good first fight.

etouffee
6/24/2006, 08:33 PM
thank you for saving me from Open Range on AMC

Big Red Ron
6/24/2006, 08:34 PM
Brisping is going to be a superstar in less than 2 years.

Sooner_Bob
6/24/2006, 08:39 PM
Brisping is going to be a superstar in less than 2 years.

Yep. That flying knee the other night was awesome . . .

I just finished watching Couture/Ortiz as a warmup for tonight . . . that was an awesome fight from UFC 44.

Big Red Ron
6/24/2006, 09:04 PM
The way they say "six figure contract," you just feel the six figures is the absolute minimum possible.

Sooner_Bob
6/24/2006, 09:20 PM
Holy crap . . . that was a very good fight.

Both Ed and Kendal deserve to make it in the UFC. I bet we get to see a 4th round.

Sooner_Bob
6/24/2006, 09:23 PM
Wow. A unanimous decision for Kendal.

Sooner_Bob
6/24/2006, 09:28 PM
I figured they'd both get a contract . . . they're better than some of the guys I saw on UFC 60.

Big Red Ron
6/24/2006, 09:32 PM
Wow. A unanimous decision for Kendal.That was BS Kendal got his *** stomped.

Sooner_Bob
6/24/2006, 10:05 PM
That was BS Kendal got his *** stomped.

Yep. I can't believe that Ed didn't win a round at all . . .

Big Red Ron
6/24/2006, 10:20 PM
Bisping would kill tito ortiz.

HskrGrl
6/25/2006, 12:12 AM
It's replaying right now. I agree that Ed should of gotten the first round, but Kendal still won the fight!

I can't wait for July 8th!

Blue
6/25/2006, 01:22 AM
UF sucks.

Big Red Ron
6/25/2006, 11:44 AM
UF sucks.So do you.

Big Red Ron
6/25/2006, 11:46 AM
It's replaying right now. I agree that Ed should of gotten the first round, but Kendal still won the fight!

I can't wait for July 8th!Since you are a girl, I'll just tell you that the fighter that is constantly pushing the action and landing most of the punches and has the most take downs should win the fight. Kendal was on his back and on defense the whole fight.

KC//CRIMSON
6/25/2006, 11:49 AM
That was BS Kendal got his *** stomped.

Yeah, and that inbred red headed hillbillie was seconds away from being put to sleep. Lucky bastard.

Dustin Diamond would have been proud.:D

Big Red Ron
6/25/2006, 11:52 AM
Yeah, and that inbred red headed hillbillie was seconds away from being put to sleep. Lucky bastard.

Dustin Diamond would have been proud.:DHe held is position for more that 40 seconds. He wasn't being choked or he would have tapped way before. Kendal didn't have it deep enough. You can't judge a three round fight by the last 45 seconds.

KC//CRIMSON
6/25/2006, 11:55 AM
He held is position for more that 40 seconds. He wasn't being choked or he would have tapped way before. Kendal didn't have it deep enough. You can't judge a three round fight by the last 45 seconds.

I still think he lucked out, Kendal had him right there. All he needed was a few more seconds. Ed the inbred was on top for most of the second round but never really did any damage. Despite my hatred for Ed the inbred, the judges got it right. IMO.

Big Red Ron
6/25/2006, 11:59 AM
No way Kendals *** was destroyed in the first maybe even a 10-8 round and until the last few seconds of the third kendal was abused like a child. Ed is clearly the more talented fighter, with greater wrestling and stand up skills.

KC//CRIMSON
6/25/2006, 12:09 PM
No way Kendals *** was destroyed in the first maybe even a 10-8 round and until the last few seconds of the third kendal was abused like a child. Ed is clearly the more talented fighter, with greater wrestling and stand up skills.

In the big picture it doesn't really matter, Neither one is going to go that far in the UFC. Besides UFC guys are all pussies.:P

Pride is where it's at.

Big Red Ron
6/25/2006, 12:22 PM
In the big picture it doesn't really matter, Neither one is going to go that far in the UFC. Besides UFC guys are all pussies.:P

Pride is where it's at.Did you watch the main event last night? The prid Champion was beatin in under three minutes by a UFC guy.

KC//CRIMSON
6/25/2006, 12:29 PM
Did you watch the main event last night? The prid Champion was beatin in under three minutes by a UFC guy.

Yeah, I saw it. Pound for pound, Pride has the better fighters. For example - Wandy Silva could easily breeze through the UFC and it wouldn't even be close.

Same goes for the Heavyweight division.

Big Red Ron
6/25/2006, 12:35 PM
Pride is dying.

KC//CRIMSON
6/25/2006, 12:49 PM
Pride is dying.

Then I guess they should all join the UFC and start cleaning house. It'll never happen though, Dana knows his boys would get pwned.

Chuck Liddell - Game Over
Matt Hughes - Game Over
Rich Franklin - Game Over
Tim Sylvia - Game Over

Comparing the UFC to Pride is like comparing the AFL to the NFL.

I gotta go mow the yard, later.:cool:

Big Red Ron
6/25/2006, 02:15 PM
Then I guess they should all join the UFC and start cleaning house. It'll never happen though, Dana knows his boys would get pwned.

Chuck Liddell - Game Over
Matt Hughes - Game Over
Rich Franklin - Game Over
Tim Sylvia - Game Over

Comparing the UFC to Pride is like comparing the AFL to the NFL.

I gotta go mow the yard, later.:cool:You're joking right? Pride has nobody that is even close to Matt Hughes. Pride will die because of marketing and TV. Pride's best fighters are already making the move to UFC.

KC//CRIMSON
6/25/2006, 04:11 PM
You're joking right? Pride has nobody that is even close to Matt Hughes. Pride will die because of marketing and TV. Pride's best fighters are already making the move to UFC.

Are you serious? Shogun - Coleman - Silva - Would abuse/embarrass Matt Hughes. Hell Gomi would give him a battle. There is WAY more talent across the board in the middleweight class of Pride than UFC.

Take off your UFC glasses dude, Pride is INTERNATIONAL and VERY POPULAR in other countries. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Like I said before, comparing UFC fighters to Pride fighters is laughable. Plus the overall basic rules in Pride is the way it should be. Not this crap UFC has going. I guarantee you there is no champion in the UFC that want's to take on the current champion in Pride. They know better, and know they would get their *** handed to them.

Big Red Ron
6/25/2006, 04:33 PM
Yeah, especially when MR. Pride got his *** whipped in the first round by a third rate UFCer LAST NIGHT it wasn't real!

PRIDE is big in other countries but the money at TV is here. Pride will fold in ten years. I used to be a fan.

critical_phil
6/25/2006, 05:06 PM
c'mon peoples.

this thread is starting to look like hatfield and tuba having a disagreement about UFC/Pride. wild and unsubstantiated claims from both sides....

i don't think it's smart to say that Pride is dying (unless you know something i don't - and if you do, please share it)

it's even more absurd to say that anyone would abuse/embarrass matt hughes. the guy is dominant at 170 and would probably dominate 185 too. i'm thinking he might have to fight at 225 to get "abused".

bisping>ortiz? seriously? ortiz is pretty much at the top of his game right now. 2 years from now maybe, but not right now.

as for the groves/herman fight. i thought ed clearly won round one, but i wouldn't have called it 10-8. the rest of the fight was a toss-up, imo.

i thought the stout/florian fight would be one for the ages......chalk one more up to superior ground skills.

critical_phil
6/28/2006, 08:32 PM
Are you serious? Shogun - Coleman - Silva - Would abuse/embarrass Matt Hughes..

if you mean anderson silva, he's fighting chris leban live on spike in about 5 minutes....

critical_phil
6/28/2006, 08:38 PM
impressive.

Sooner_Bob
7/2/2006, 04:26 PM
Pride is where it's at.

Actually, ISKA or IKF is probably where it's at . . . I'd really like to see Rick "The Jet" Roufus step into the Octagon with someone. ;)

Sooner_Bob
7/2/2006, 04:31 PM
if you mean anderson silva, he's fighting chris leban live on spike in about 5 minutes....

I think he might have meant Wonderlei Silva . . . a former UFC dude who moved to Pride.

When did Vitor Belfort move to Pride? I noticed he's fighting in the main event for tonight's Pride PPV.

Sooner_Bob
7/2/2006, 04:35 PM
heh (http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5668404)

Big Red Ron
7/2/2006, 04:39 PM
Chuck's losing 55% to 45%. Help a brutha out.

Sooner_Bob
7/2/2006, 05:09 PM
You know, after looking through the list of fighters over at the Pride FC site, I'd have to say that the quality of fighters between both PFC and UFC is pretty much even. Especially since most of the fighters have fought in both promotions at some point in their careers.

The World Fighting Alliance (www.wfa.tv) might be something to keep an eye on as well.

KC//CRIMSON
7/2/2006, 05:14 PM
You know, after looking through the list of fighters over at the Pride FC site, I'd have to say that the quality of fighters between both PFC and UFC is pretty much even. Especially since most of the fighters have fought in both promotions at some point in their careers.

The World Fighting Alliance (www.wfa.tv) might be something to keep an eye on as well.

Not in the middle/heavy weight division. Pride has more talent across the board. IMO.

BTW...Cro-Cop would destroy Chucky.:D

Sooner_Bob
7/2/2006, 05:29 PM
Not in the middle/heavy weight division. Pride has more talent across the board. IMO.

BTW...Cro-Cop would destroy Chucky.:D

I'll have to admit I've never heard of Cro-Cop until today . . . :O

Don Frye has always been on of my favorite MMA fighters . . . he has reasonable success in both UFC and PFC, but could never seem to get over that Mark Coleman hurdle in either promotion.

critical_phil
7/2/2006, 05:31 PM
I'll have to admit I've never heard of Cro-Cop until today . . . :O

cro-cop = bad mo fo.

i think you can find some of his stuff on youtube or google video.

Sooner_Bob
7/2/2006, 05:41 PM
cro-cop = bad mo fo.

i think you can find some of his stuff on youtube or google video.

Whoa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNMgevrH8EI)

GDC
7/3/2006, 01:29 PM
Whoa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNMgevrH8EI)

Dang, it looked like he barely touched him.

KC//CRIMSON
7/3/2006, 09:07 PM
He's a bad bad man....from last night's critical countdown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5BvPI87__U&search=critical%20countdown

StoopTroup
7/5/2006, 05:28 PM
WUFC? :D

http://www.internetdj.com/watch_video.php?op=watch&mediaid=30488

Sooner_Bob
7/9/2006, 06:56 PM
He's a bad bad man....from last night's critical countdown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5BvPI87__U&search=critical%20countdown

I'm getting ready to watch this entire event . . . ;)