PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE TO WEAR MY OU SHIRT IN AUSTIN!

fossil
6/24/2006, 06:54 PM
:P I have so much fun moving around Austin and San Antonio in my bright crimson OU shirt and getting stared at. I was in IHOP last week and some chick was staring lasers at me. At the Home Depot today in San Antonio, some dude in a pukey burnt orange baseball hat with a sick looking Horn on it was giving me the 'How dare you wear that?' look.

I do hope the rest of you on this board have the nads to run around enemy territory advertising your OU allegience. Makes my nipples hard every time I get a stare from someone who is obviously a Horn fan. Makes my day!!!!!!!

DeWare94
6/24/2006, 07:29 PM
well, i live in jersey but i proudly wear my cowboys jerseys around eagles and giants fans

GDC
6/24/2006, 07:35 PM
When I lived in El Paso I wore OU gear constantly to **** off the Miners, Aggies and Sand Aggies, and especially whorns.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/24/2006, 07:40 PM
I never would have thought that GDC would ever do anything to antagonize a whorn..I mean he is the biggest *** kissing whorn lover on here ;)

soonerinabilene
6/24/2006, 08:32 PM
i was in san antonio this past weekend on the riverwalk wearing my ou hat and shirt. i walked into a sports collectible place and started looking at the whorn shirts just to see what kind of looks i got. the salesman that came up to me was wearing all orange, and when he asked me if i needed any help i simply replied that i didnt like the toilet paper in my hotel and was looking for something that would work better. he actually smiled and said that was a good one.

Sooner_Bob
6/24/2006, 08:35 PM
I'll be in San Antonio a few days next week . . . and of course I wear it up here all of the time.

:D

SapulpaSooner
6/24/2006, 10:19 PM
I will be going to San Antonio for Vacation next week. Hook 'em Hook 'em

OUstud
6/24/2006, 10:47 PM
When I lived in El Paso I wore OU gear constantly to **** off the Miners, Aggies and Sand Aggies, and especially whorns.

a. Miners don't like us?
b. There are Miner fans?

Readyfor8
6/24/2006, 11:09 PM
The best part is going out on a Friday or Saturday night in Austin, having a couple drinks or some food with everyone being civil working on a tip, and I pull out my BOK OU Check Card.

One waitress said to me, "If I had seen that card before you got your food you might have gotten a little spit in there." I laughed and dropped a 20% tip down just to be cordial.

Flagstaffsooner
6/24/2006, 11:13 PM
I lived in Baytown, texass during the '90's. One night in the parking lot of Kroger's an asshat gave me crap about my OU shirt. The sea gulls enjoyed his body parts the next morning.

Soonerpsycho
6/25/2006, 08:05 AM
I lived in Baytown, texass during the '90's. One night in the parking lot of Kroger's an asshat gave me crap about my OU shirt. The sea gulls enjoyed his body parts the next morning.

:eek:

lubbocksooner
6/25/2006, 09:23 AM
Yup, OU sticker on car...check, OU tie on first day to work after game day (win or loose)...check, OU polo shirt (have to comply with the dress code) on Fridays before game (or other days during round ball)....Check. It drives the TTU bunch nuts considering I work on the heath science center campus. There are a lot of us here, my wife made a comment after she got to watching other cars "Man there are a lot of you (Sooner Fans) down here." I am slowly converting her to a OU fan from having no team to follow at all.

goodonya
6/25/2006, 09:28 AM
Here in Katy the flag goes up in the front yard on opening day and flies through the bowl game. The kids virtually live in OU hats & shirts. Still, it is but a drop in the ocean diluting the maroon of the Aggie and the incredible resurgence of orange that had remained hidden from me since 1990. It's like it rained orange seeds one night and up popped the UT fans. The kids are very versed in their lore and the 10-yr old has no compunction, when confronted, to remind horn fan that it's been 2-generations since they've had a championship. He even advises them to go get a couple of more championship T-shirts because 35-years is too much for just one shirt. They love that.

Dances with Possums
6/25/2006, 09:51 AM
The kids are very versed in their lore and the 10-yr old has no compunction, when confronted, to remind horn fan that it's been 2-generations since they've had a championship.

Man, our national championship is just KILLING you guys, isn't it?

OKC-SLC
6/25/2006, 09:53 AM
nope. every blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Flagstaffsooner
6/25/2006, 10:07 AM
Man, our national championship is just KILLING you guys, isn't it?Grow up and TRY to act like you've been there.

SoonerStormchaser
6/25/2006, 10:26 AM
My parents live in San Marcos...so every time I go down there, I pack solely OU shirts.

And every time I drive through GAYTOWN, TX on I-35 past the puke orange stadium, I roll down the windows and blast "Boomer Sooner" out of the stereo.

...and I'm still alive!

melbitoast
6/25/2006, 10:29 AM
:P I have so much fun moving around Austin and San Antonio in my bright crimson OU shirt and getting stared at. I was in IHOP last week and some chick was staring lasers at me. At the Home Depot today in San Antonio, some dude in a pukey burnt orange baseball hat with a sick looking Horn on it was giving me the 'How dare you wear that?' look.

I do hope the rest of you on this board have the nads to run around enemy territory advertising your OU allegience. Makes my nipples hard every time I get a stare from someone who is obviously a Horn fan. Makes my day!!!!!!!

I'm right there with you bud. I've lived in Austin now for 3 years, and 95% of my t-shirts are OU. I love wearing them around town. People have a little more audacity now after last year, but I just bring up recent history and no VY and they tend to get quiet.
Hook 'em

GDC
6/25/2006, 10:34 AM

Nope, since we'll all be geratric or dead by the time the next one rolls around.

Cam
6/25/2006, 10:39 AM
I wore OU stuff all the time when I lived in Austin. The only time I had something happen to my car was when I was in Dallas, not Austin.

Flagstaffsooner
6/25/2006, 10:53 AM
Man, our national championship is just KILLING you guys, isn't it?Looks like the queer steer doesnt want to come back and fight with us.

AlbqSooner
6/25/2006, 11:08 AM
Yesterday, as I was returning to Albuquerque, I pulled into the mandatory Border Patrol Inspection north of Las Cruces. I have an OU license plate on the front of my truck and was wearing an OU Polo. As I handed the Border Patrol Agent my Driver License he said, " Sir, I am sorry but you will have to pull over into that parking space. We have orders to confiscate all vehicles of OU fans."

I immediately said, "Then you must be a Longhorn."

He grinned and said that no, he had graduated from Miami.

I looked startled and said, "Geez man, you already own our football team, don't you think taking our cars is over the line?"

He laughed and said, "You, Sir, have just earned a free pass."

As he handed me back my license I told him the streak ends in '07.

Readyfor8
6/25/2006, 12:18 PM
Yesterday, as I was returning to Albuquerque, I pulled into the mandatory Border Patrol Inspection north of Las Cruces. I have an OU license plate on the front of my truck and was wearing an OU Polo. As I handed the Border Patrol Agent my Driver License he said, " Sir, I am sorry but you will have to pull over into that parking space. We have orders to confiscate all vehicles of OU fans."

I immediately said, "Then you must be a Longhorn."

He grinned and said that no, he had graduated from Miami.

I looked startled and said, "Geez man, you already own our football team, don't you think taking our cars is over the line?"

He laughed and said, "You, Sir, have just earned a free pass."

As he handed me back my license I told him the streak ends in '07.

Note to self: Sucking up to Miami fans gets you a free pass at border patrol stations. Start up smuggling ring on monday.

TexasLidig8r
6/25/2006, 12:22 PM
The kids are very versed in their lore and the 10-yr old has no compunction, when confronted, to remind horn fan that it's been 2-generations since they've had a championship.

I thought it had been less than 6 months? :confused:

KC//CRIMSON
6/25/2006, 12:24 PM
I wear an OU ballcap everday in the heart of the purple pussies hometown.:D

snp
6/25/2006, 02:09 PM
I got pulled over down in Austin after leaving the dorms by an APD. Like 3 UT security guards came to I guess "assist" the real cop write me a ticket. They kept joking around about the Sugar Bowl/Big 12 CCG (This was right after it)

I told them I was cold and went and put on an OU Smack shirt. They shut up after that and gave me the ticket :(

But yea, whenever I see someone at Walmart with a UT hat on, I give them a stare as well.

goingoneight
6/25/2006, 02:36 PM

That can't possibly make up for all of the people here in Oklahoma who have all of a sudden became "Whorn fans all of their lives..."

fossil
6/25/2006, 07:02 PM
i was in san antonio this past weekend on the riverwalk wearing my ou hat and shirt. i walked into a sports collectible place and started looking at the whorn shirts just to see what kind of looks i got. the salesman that came up to me was wearing all orange, and when he asked me if i needed any help i simply replied that i didnt like the toilet paper in my hotel and was looking for something that would work better. he actually smiled and said that was a good one.
:D Goodern! Wish I had thought of that. Mind if I use it?

fossil
6/25/2006, 07:05 PM
:cool: Don't bother me one bit. You guys wear that shirt around that says 'Three is sweet!'. When your boys get four more, come talk to me. Three may be sweet, but seven is heaven! And, we'll have another before you whorns smell one.

badger
6/25/2006, 07:44 PM
just remember to keep turning hats, shirts, wheaties boxes, etc. upside down whenever, WHEREver you see them and the circle of ou life shall continue.

ultimatesooner1
6/25/2006, 07:52 PM
someone needs to start a gang in okc that specializes in putting the beat down on all of these fools that have started wearing fexas crap in the last 6 months

BudSooner
6/25/2006, 08:55 PM
b. There are Miner fans?
Yes there is a Miner fan, but just one..the rest come to the stadium thinking there is gonna be a monster truck show later after the game.

OKC-SLC
6/25/2006, 09:13 PM
Yes there is a Miner fan, but just one..the rest come to the stadium thinking there is gonna be a monster truck show later after the game.
heh.

"see Gravedigger DEEP IN THE MUUUDDDDDD!!!"

goingoneight
6/25/2006, 09:39 PM
:cool: Don't bother me one bit. You guys wear that shirt around that says 'Three is sweet!'. When your boys get four more, come talk to me. Three may be sweet, but seven is heaven! And, we'll have another before you whorns smell one.

[whorn] hey we were bowl eligible in 1970, give us a share in the title too... [whorn]

AzianSooner
6/25/2006, 09:45 PM
I parked my car with OU Sooner decals on the sideline of Dobbie mall in the middle of UT campus. People with horns sign/signal/decals all over their body walked by staring at me.

But I was so proud to wear my OU hat and enjoy the time there and no body touch me. Deep down.. they respect the OU SOONER.

47straight
6/25/2006, 11:14 PM
I be reppin' my crimson and cream all the live long day down here.

When I do, sometimes people note that I must be brave.

I point out that I've yet to meet someone big and bad enough to do anything about it.

Actually, I have had a few chicken**** things happen to me. But I don't really worry about it. Plus, they usually have to have some liquid courage in them. I'd like to remember instead the tail-between-the-legs way they just have to stand there and groove on it.

goingoneight
6/25/2006, 11:26 PM
They don't really care too much... Now going into Stoolwater wearing OU merchandise... Wear a vest!

Herr Scholz
6/26/2006, 09:55 AM
Fans should wear their colors wherever they are. That's what fans do. Having said that, there are FAR fewer people wearing crimson around Central Texas these days. After 2000, you could spot a bandwagon Sooner fan anywhere you went around here.

SOONERKAT
6/26/2006, 10:50 AM
I don't know if this qualifies as sadistic, but I have found a certain pleasure in watching the faces and seeing the discomfort of our recent string of tu graduates interviewing with me for a position at my firm. You see, between the mini helmet on the desk, the usual screen saver, mousepad, etc..., I usually wear my OU polo or tie when I know I'm interviewing a whorn. I don;t really get into school affiliations with them too much. It usually something like," So, I see you recently graduated from Texas. Hmmm ..."

That said, this summers batch have not found too much success around here. ;)

RedstickSooner
6/26/2006, 10:52 AM
They need to make it illegal to sell school clothing & such for one year after a team wins the NC. Call it the Bandwagon Ban. 'Course, schools might not be fond of it as a rule, seeing as they're sorta keen on all them merchandising payouts...

proudsoonergal
6/26/2006, 11:45 AM
On the car, check; in the office, check; tons of shirts, hats, shorts, shoes, pants, socks, bags, check. I do need to get an OU captain's chair thingy - if anyone has a good website for buying one, please let me know.

One of my favorite OU memories in Austin was after the WBB game here in February. As we all know, CP & Co beat up on the texas girls, and as I was walking back to my car after the game, I heard "Boomer Sooner" playing (multiple times) in the night air. What a wonderful sound to hear on the UT campus :)

47straight
6/26/2006, 01:16 PM
Having said that, there are FAR fewer people wearing crimson around Central Texas these days. After 2000, you could spot a bandwagon Sooner fan anywhere you went around here.

Remarkably, after 2005, you can spot a bandwagon whorn fan the same way. Just look for that shade of orange.

Herr Scholz
6/26/2006, 02:10 PM
Remarkably, after 2005, you can spot a bandwagon whorn fan the same way. Just look for that shade of orange.
Absolutely true. Sounds like the stories coming out of Oklahoma City now are similar to those coming out of Austin post 2000.

1991SOONER
6/26/2006, 07:44 PM
I wear my OU shirts here in Houston all the time when I feel like p issing people off. NOBODY likes us down here.

And I love getting under these peoples skin. This conversation happened today:

ME: I hate it when people down here say "yall got more Texas players on your team than okies"

Texan: (with glazed look on face) yeah...

ME: Trouble is, there are plenty of college teams in Texas with more Texas players than OU and we usually beat 'em!! And you don't see Tech, Baylor, or A&M winning championships with all those Texas players!!!

Texan: (glazed look turns to very angry look, eyes have daggers, steam coming out of ears) says nothing...

I LOVE IT!!!

jrsooner
6/26/2006, 07:52 PM
Yup, OU sticker on car...check, OU tie on first day to work after game day (win or loose)...check, OU polo shirt (have to comply with the dress code) on Fridays before game (or other days during round ball)....Check. Sounds like our house..

Alumni License Plate Holder - Check
Magnetic OU bumper sticker - Check (my kids would kill me if I took it off the car)
OU Polo shirt to work on Friday before game - Check
OU Flag hung on the flag pole on game day - Check
OU T-shirt on game day - Check
OU Polo Shirt to church on Sunday after game - Check
OU buckle on leather belt - Check

Heck we have so much OU clothes here in the house that my wife now does a "red" only load when she does the laundry.

jrsooner
6/26/2006, 07:57 PM
I wear my OU shirts here in Houston all the time when I feel like p issing people off. NOBODY likes us down here.My son wore his OU stuff on favorite sports team day to his elementary school (his picture actually made it into the year book for that day). On the bus ride home, some of the kids started flashing horns at him, he flashed the downward horns and yelled "Boomer Sooner". Some of the kids told him that they were going to tell on him for harrasment.

Dad's Answer: "Kid if you ever get a 3 day suspension because of OU down here, your Dad is going to take 3 days of vacation and we are going to PARTY!!!" :)

jrsooner
6/26/2006, 08:00 PM
just remember to keep turning hats, shirts, wheaties boxes, etc. upside down whenever, WHEREver you see them and the circle of ou life shall continue.I never thought of that!!! My kids can do it for me. :)

Sooner47
6/26/2006, 09:51 PM
Grow up and TRY to act like you've been there.

But he hasn't been there before, unless he's really old. :D

BajaOklahoma
6/26/2006, 09:56 PM
My son wore his OU stuff on favorite sports team day to his elementary school (his picture actually made it into the year book for that day). On the bus ride home, some of the kids started flashing horns at him, he flashed the downward horns and yelled "Boomer Sooner". Some of the kids told him that they were going to tell on him for harrasment.

Dad's Answer: "Kid if you ever get a 3 day suspension because of OU down here, your Dad is going to take 3 days of vacation and we are going to PARTY!!!" :)

When the kids at the elementary school flash me the whorn sign, I just tell them that someday their parents will be able to afford the surgery to fix their fingers.

Wishboned
6/27/2006, 12:05 AM
I lived in Florida during the lean years and I wore my OU shirts, hats, and jackets proudly. I had to put up with a lot of crap from Cane, Gator, and Seminole fans.

I told them all, "Enjoy this, it won't last. We'll be back."

18 months after I moved back to Oklahoma the Sooners were on top again. I had to make a special trip back to Florida just to rub everyone's noses in it.

Sco
6/28/2006, 06:52 AM
I'm in Dallas, and I wear my paraphenalia from time to time.

My favorite recent encounter was from a manager of Cici's who graduated from UT (cough cough).

He started giving me a hard time about how I was in Texas and how they won the RRS, to which I looked at him and said... yep, and how many did UT lose before that? Five? Gimme my pizza.

Sco
6/28/2006, 06:57 AM
They need to make it illegal to sell school clothing & such for one year after a team wins the NC. Call it the Bandwagon Ban. 'Course, schools might not be fond of it as a rule, seeing as they're sorta keen on all them merchandising payouts...

When you see a bandwagoner, all you have to do is ask one question to them.

"Name one player on the 2005 Longwhorns who wasn't Vince Young."

Enjoy their squirming. It's the best.

picasso
6/28/2006, 09:59 AM
well, i live in jersey but i proudly wear my cowboys jerseys around eagles and giants fans
haha oh man. I visit my sister up in Maryland quite a bit. one year I was wearing this Reebok blue and white jacket. I was nearly thown out of a grocery store because the butcher thought it was a Dallas Cowboys coat!:D

picasso
6/28/2006, 10:01 AM
Absolutely true. Sounds like the stories coming out of Oklahoma City now are similar to those coming out of Austin post 2000.
doubtful. Tulsa perhaps.

soonerjoker
6/28/2006, 10:28 AM
been in dallas county since 71, & wear OU stuff whenever i want.

can't believe the number of tejas "bandwagoners" around here. coming out of the woodwork. i have friends, a couple in their 50s, who have gone beserk. they never said a word until tx beat OU last year. only when OU lost a game.

rotten fans & not even magnaminous.

XingTheRubicon
6/28/2006, 05:36 PM
doubtful. Tulsa perhaps.

sterling

shavedmarmoset
6/29/2006, 05:24 PM
I became an OU fan in 2000. Every year from 8-12 grade, i would wear ou stuff every friday before a game and the monday after. For five years straight, nobody talked to me for a whole week in October. After all, H-town, Texas is not too friendly to our types...Even though my high school did produce John Williams.

It was fun. I wouldn't say a word about the game, I just let my shirt/hat do the talking. I plan on going to Austin City Limits this year with an OU shirt. That could be dangerous so I'm bringing a bat just in case.

shavedmarmoset
I became an OU fan in 2000. Every year from 8-12 grade, i would wear ou stuff every friday before a game and the monday after. For five years straight, nobody talked to me for a whole week in October. After all, H-town, Texas is not too friendly to our types...Even though my high school did produce John Williams.

It was fun. I wouldn't say a word about the game, I just let my shirt/hat do the talking. I plan on going to Austin City Limits this year with an OU shirt. That could be dangerous so I'm bringing a bat just in case.

shavedmarmoset
sorry about the echo. im in a large empty room

SicEmBaylor
7/3/2006, 12:42 AM
Generally of course I only wear Baylor stuff, but during the week of OU/TX I make an exception and wear my old OU cap. I get some fun lighthearted bashing but nothing serious. Although at Baylor it isn't too unheard of for someone to wear state school stuff. We had a guy in the Bear Pit during Basketball season wear an aTm hat. He was threatned with a lynching I'm told if he didn't take it off...

Texas Golfer
7/4/2006, 10:02 PM

I know how you feel. I experience the same joy when I wear my OU gear. I also enjoy passing a vehicle with their Hook 'em symbol and they see my OU license plate.

But the best experience is going to a UT game in Austin while wearing your OU gear!

FlatheadSooner
7/4/2006, 10:20 PM
I spent the last six years living in Canada and was disappointed at the lack of acknowledgement or appreciation for college football - go figure, eh? Now am living in south tejas and am enjoying the shiza out of wearing OU apparrel around town. Usually just get a quick stare and look of respect. I told my wife that I thought there was a TX state conspiracy as about 80% of the vehicles down here now have the horns emblem on them and I believe the dealerships are offering them on all new or used sales. This conspiracy is coming from the highest levels in TX government to overcome the embarrassment of previous 5 years ***-kicking via OKLAHOMA!!
Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em

BOOMER SOONER#1
7/6/2006, 03:25 AM
I LIVE IN TEXAS AND IT WAS HARD DOWN HERE WHEN THE SHORTHORNS ONE THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP AND ESPECIALY WHEN THEY BEAT US MATTER OF FACT ITS STILL HARD DOWN HERE I REMEMBER THE DAY AFTER THEY WON THE NC AND THE DAY AFTER THEY BEAT US IN THE COTTEN BOWL THE HALLS OF MY JUNIOR HIGH WERE ORANGE WITH ONE CRIMSON SHIRT AND HAT I FELT LIKE SOMEONE HAD THROWN ME 2 THE LIONS BUT I WORE IT PROUDLY DADS TAUGHT ME WELL HEHE:D

soonernation
7/6/2006, 06:00 PM
I LIVE IN TEXAS AND IT WAS HARD DOWN HERE WHEN THE SHORTHORNS ONE THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP AND ESPECIALY WHEN THEY BEAT US MATTER OF FACT ITS STILL HARD DOWN HERE I REMEMBER THE DAY AFTER THEY WON THE NC AND THE DAY AFTER THEY BEAT US IN THE COTTEN BOWL THE HALLS OF MY JUNIOR HIGH WERE ORANGE WITH ONE CRIMSON SHIRT AND HAT I FELT LIKE SOMEONE HAD THROWN ME 2 THE LIONS BUT I WORE IT PROUDLY DADS TAUGHT ME WELL HEHE:D

,.'!,.?!,.'.!!,.!

sanantoniosooner
7/6/2006, 06:08 PM
I wouldn't mind meeting some fellow Sooners down here if they can keep their nipples in check.

SoonerStud615
7/6/2006, 06:23 PM
I was just in Austin for the 4th and i produly wore my "NORMAN" shirt on the holiday. It got me some good glares as we went to the park and what not.

sanantoniosooner
7/6/2006, 06:38 PM
bah..........when you drive through Austin with "Boomer Sooner" playing loudly after a Basketball victory let me know.

You'll see a flock of birds.

OUduckster
7/6/2006, 08:14 PM
I live in Lubbock, I don't go anywhere that I don't wear my OU stuff. I play softball every week wearing my hat. Have caught he## all year about the tt game, I just tell them to be happy now, but come November it will all change.

OklaUalum
7/8/2006, 12:59 PM
Reply to Possums: "Man, our national championship is just KILLING you guys, isn't it?"

not really...

Seriously. I was glad to see Texas beat SC. I would think being a Texas fan though, that you'd understand our jibs at your program for going a generation and a half without a championship. What? With all the revenue, talent, etc. of the great state of Texas, personally, I'd think you should at least get one, say about as often as Oklahoma does...