PDA

View Full Version : Update On The Burrowing Owls

VeeJay
6/24/2006, 05:14 PM
Five babies. We first saw the babies about three weeks ago. They're not going far from the nest, and this is the first time I've been able to get them all in a pic.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/279/279949/pages/734728/ResizeBabyowlsWEB.jpg

slickdawg
6/24/2006, 05:15 PM
Cute lil' fellas!

the-boulder
6/24/2006, 05:27 PM
Five babies. We first saw the babies about three weeks ago. They're not going far from the nest, and this is the first time I've been able to get them all in a pic.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/279/279949/pages/734728/ResizeBabyowlsWEB.jpg

Now Stuart, do you think a kid like that
is gonna know what the queers are doing to the soil?

Sorry couldn't resist the vague music reference to the topic Burrowing Owls...

lefty
6/24/2006, 05:36 PM
Ever tried 'owl and dumplings?'

Tiptonsooner
6/24/2006, 10:05 PM
They would be fun to watch..

Okla-homey
6/24/2006, 10:06 PM
Them things is good eatin'

That said, if you is a vermin like a field mouse or mole, them things has got to be your worst nightmare.

VeeJay
6/24/2006, 10:12 PM
I threw a couple of Pillsbury Garlic Croissanwich Rolls out by their nest this afternoon.

Hell, I didn't want 'em.

Okla-homey
6/24/2006, 10:14 PM
I threw a couple of Pillsbury Garlic Croissanwich Rolls out by their nest this afternoon.

Hell, I didn't want 'em.

I bet if you frisbee-d a couple slices of boloney out there they would adopt you as their leader.

olevetonahill
6/24/2006, 10:17 PM

Why do they all seem to Smirk Like my last ex as we left Divorce court ?:confused:

Tiptonsooner
6/24/2006, 10:20 PM
Why do they all seem to Smirk Like my last ex as we left Divorce court ?:confused:
LOL

Okla-homey
6/24/2006, 10:20 PM

Because they have sharp talons...like her.;)

lefty
6/24/2006, 10:25 PM
That's why owl and dumplings might be worth considering.

olevetonahill
6/24/2006, 10:30 PM
Because they have sharp talons...like her.;)
Hers were Not near as sharp as her Counselors :eek: ;)

VeeJay
6/24/2006, 10:34 PM
I'm not so sure that's a smirk as it is a reaction of WTF??

Obviously they'd never had a dude in a pickup with a zoom lens stop by their nest before.

Owls, meet Hillbilly.

KC//CRIMSON
6/24/2006, 10:35 PM
Go Rice!

olevetonahill
6/24/2006, 10:37 PM
I'm not so sure that's a smirk as it is a reaction of WTF??

Obviously they'd never had a dude in a pickup with a zoom lens stop by their nest before.

Owls, meet Hillbilly.
That's a smirking, Up your *** look from an EX if I ever saw one :P And Ive have witnessed 3 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:D

Okla-homey
6/24/2006, 10:37 PM
Hers were Not near as sharp as her Counselors :eek: ;)

Next time, just buy a house for a woman you hate. Saves time, money and lost sleep.;)

olevetonahill
6/24/2006, 10:39 PM
Next time, just buy a house for a woman you hate. Saves time, money and lost sleep.;)
trudat . Thats why I have a shack in the woods ;)

Flagstaffsooner
6/24/2006, 10:47 PM
Only Olevet can jack an owl thread into a ex-wife thread.

olevetonahill
6/24/2006, 10:50 PM
Only Olevet can jack an owl thread into a ex-wife thread.
Hell 3 of em LOOk like My exes ;)
The other 2 are proly Future exes :eek:

VeeJay
6/24/2006, 10:51 PM
Sorry, olevet.

Come to think of it, those birds do look like a pack of lawyers.

olevetonahill
6/24/2006, 10:53 PM
Sorry, olevet.

Yup right after Divorce court :eek:
Shootem Now :D

Flagstaffsooner
6/24/2006, 10:57 PM
The other 2 are proly Future exes :eek:"WISE" up and quit getting married.

Okla-homey
6/24/2006, 11:01 PM
Sorry, olevet.

Now, to be fair, lawyers just clean up messes folks get themselves into. I believe if folks called lawyers more before they did stuff, there would be less need to call them afterwards. Its kinda like those old Midas muffler commercials. Pay a little now, avoid paying a lot later. But that's just me. Your mileage may vary.

VeeJay
6/24/2006, 11:02 PM
Yup right after Divorce court :eek:
Shootem Now :D

Wow. dude - you had it rough.

Dear Lord:

If I ever have to get divorcd from Mrs. VJ, just strike me dead. But, if you elect not to strike me dead and punish me, please do not send lawyers to give me that burrowing owl look. And if for some reason I get lawyers giving me that burrowing owl look, please make sure that someone of the caliber of Stacey from Hooters is waiting outside for me. TYIA, and Amen.

Flagstaffsooner
6/24/2006, 11:05 PM
Stacey from HootersThat's what usually starts these things.

olevetonahill
6/24/2006, 11:06 PM
Wow. dude - you had it rough.

Dear Lord:

If I ever have to get divorcd from Mrs. VJ, just strike me dead. But, if you elect not to strike me dead and punish me, please do not send lawyers to give me that burrowing owl look. And if for some reason I get lawyers giving me that burrowing owl look, please make sure that someone of the caliber of Stacey from Hooters is waiting outside for me. TYIA, and Amen.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Okla-homey
6/24/2006, 11:07 PM
Pre-nups are not just for rich people. Just saying.

olevetonahill
6/24/2006, 11:09 PM
Now, to be fair, lawyers just clean up messes folks get themselves into. I believe if folks called lawyers more before they did stuff, there would be less need to call them afterwards. Its kinda like those old Midas muffler commercials. Pay a little now, avoid paying a lot later. But that's just me. Your mileage may vary.
Trudat Homey
My mr Attorney now says DONT get married STUPID . I say Ok :D
Hes 4 yrs younger than me Never been married and has all his OWN **** ;)

olevetonahill
6/24/2006, 11:11 PM
Pre-nups are not just for rich people. Just saying.
Nope they be for stupid folks to ;)
I dont even want a Lady to spend the whole Nite :D

Okla-homey
6/24/2006, 11:13 PM
Trudat Homey
My mr Attorney now says DONT get married STUPID . I say Ok :D
Hes 4 yrs younger than me Never been married and has all his OWN **** ;)

You been drinkin' bro or is Dolemite taking dictation and typing stuff in for you?;)

olevetonahill
6/24/2006, 11:19 PM
You been drinkin' bro or is Dolemite taking dictation and typing stuff in for you?;)
Oh **** , I now have to go back and apologize to that dude for giving him hell on his Punctuation .
Ive had a few ;)
I meant That . My Current ( MR) Attorney has advised me to stay single .
I should have saved his Fee and Listened to Flag. :P :D

Okla-homey
6/24/2006, 11:20 PM
Oh **** , I now have to go back and apologize to that dude for giving him hell on his Punctuation .
Ive had a few ;)
I meant That . My Current ( MR) Attorney has advised me to stay single .
I should have saved his Fee and Listened to Flag. :P :D

Hey, that's cool. Posting while drunk or stoned has been the source of much mirth here over the years.

slickdawg
6/24/2006, 11:22 PM
What about while worn slap damned out from painting and trying to get
ready to move.... but wait

THE HR BEYONCE HASN'T FEDEXED YOUR OFFER LETTER TO YOU YET.....

****!

Okla-homey
6/24/2006, 11:27 PM
What about while worn slap damned out from painting and trying to get
ready to move.... but wait

THE HR BEYONCE HASN'T FEDEXED YOUR OFFER LETTER TO YOU YET.....

****!

Painting? Yourself? Dang son! Are there no messicans available in MS? I seen 6 of 'em paint a whole house in two hours with nothing but 20 gallons of latex, a roll of paper towels and a Q-tip. Are they all in NOLA making mucho loot-o?

slickdawg
6/24/2006, 11:45 PM
There are in NOLA and in Gulfport/Biloxi.

At the home depot in Gulfport today, there were literally 12-15 of them
just hanging out by the entrance.

They are making a killing in NOLA, and are roofing like there is no tomorrow
all over the place.

Painters are few and far between right now. So it's me.

:(

lefty
6/24/2006, 11:50 PM
If I hadn't been paying attention to this thread I would swear that we were talking about baby owls who had the ability to do cheap roofing. What did I miss?

olevetonahill
6/25/2006, 12:17 AM
If I hadn't been paying attention to this thread I would swear that we were talking about baby owls who had the ability to do cheap roofing. What did I miss?
You need to Pay more attention , We are Now telling slick to use cheap hooker tails to have Illegal owls paint with . What part of that do you Not understand ? ;) :D :D :D

Blue
6/25/2006, 01:20 AM
Cute owls...

Agatha Mystery
6/25/2006, 09:42 AM
We've got a nest of those at work (in the desert). I work on a military base, and last year they were nesting in a rut in the ground. This year, they nested inside an underground pipe valve space. The little guys couldn't fly out for a while. At one point, they looked like giant chicks, with all of that fluff. Eventually, they lost it and looked more like the birds above you.

sooner_born_1960
6/25/2006, 10:27 AM
Wasn't that Fram oil filters?

Okla-homey
6/25/2006, 01:11 PM
Wasn't that Fram oil filters?

Perhaps. Its true in a lot of areas of life. Some call it being "penny wise and pound (sterling) foolish."