PDA

View Full Version : Comments from the box suites at US Cellular Field

stoops the eternal pimp
6/24/2006, 11:01 AM
Just got back yesterday from a whirlwind trip to Chicago to watch the Whitesox and Cards play Thursday night...Great game...less than 2 hrs...Cardinals pitcher threw a 1 hitter and lost...anyway a few thoughts..

1. The White Sox won a WS last year and still are the 2nd team in Chicago..
2. The town smells like bratwurst..which isnt a bad thing
3. Its amazing how people fall asleep on the Blue Line....
4. My cousin pays $1550 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment....When I told her how much my house payment was, she assumed I lived in a cardboard box..
5. They love some Walgreens in Chicago...one on every corner..
6. DONT DISS OPRAH IN CHICAGO!!...I forgot thats where she is from..This lady just brought up Oprah to me and I went off on how much I cant stand her....Then I feared for my life and walked away quickly.
7. If you get a chance eat at the Grand Lux...
8. If you forget something on a bus like I dunno, say 70 dollar perfume you bought for your wife..dont wait on that bus to ever come back around..its gone.

SwooshOU
6/24/2006, 11:05 AM
Grand Lux Cafe is good stuff.

There's one in Dallas at the Galleria. The Venetian in Las Vegas and a just a handful of others around the US.

OklahomaTuba
6/24/2006, 11:10 AM
Just got back from Milwaukee. Its like a little Chicago.

mrowl
6/24/2006, 11:11 AM
grand lux = cheesecake factory... same huge dish crap.

Hoosier Dynasty
6/24/2006, 12:04 PM
1) Don't mess with Walgreens
2) Oprah is not from Chicago (she's from Mississippi, I believe)
3) Sox rule, Cub fans are wine-and-cheese eating haters
4) Milwaukee is NOT a little Chicago; Milwaukee is a dump, one step better than St. Louis, two steps better than Detroilet.

King Crimson
6/24/2006, 12:08 PM
grand lux = cheesecake factory... same huge dish crap.

cheesecake factory is total crap. if you want to overpay...at least go someplace good.

King Crimson
6/24/2006, 12:10 PM
4) Milwaukee is NOT a little Chicago; Milwaukee is a dump, one step better than St. Louis, two steps better than Detroilet.

St. Louis>Milkwaukee.

Hoosier Dynasty
6/24/2006, 12:11 PM
St. Louis>Milkwaukee.

You may be right, but to me, it's a draw I suppose. Actually, the last time I was in STL, you could see some progress.

BajaOklahoma
6/24/2006, 12:13 PM
Cheesecake Factories vary by location.
The best one that I have been to is the one in Dallas near Northpark Mall.
The one in San Francisco was horrible.

Hoosier Dynasty
6/24/2006, 12:15 PM
Cheesecake Factories vary by location.
The best one that I have been to is the one in Dallas near Northpark Mall.
The one in San Francisco was horrible.

Cheesecake Factory:
- huge menu (like an owners manual)
- quasi-expensive food (for quality)
- everything is greasy (even foods not fried :eek: )

Stanley1
6/24/2006, 12:16 PM
St. Louis > Chicago

Scott D
6/24/2006, 12:46 PM
4) Milwaukee is NOT a little Chicago; Milwaukee is a dump, one step better than St. Louis, two steps better than Indianapolistan.

fixed

49r
6/24/2006, 12:53 PM
Chicago sucks

Hoosier Dynasty
6/24/2006, 12:54 PM
fixed

St. Louis > Chicago

LMAO!! Delusional people!:twinkies:

yermom
6/24/2006, 01:05 PM
Gold Coast Hot Dogs in Union Station were pretty good

IronSooner
6/24/2006, 01:59 PM
St. Louis > Chicago

Wow. I'm dumbfounded.

One thing stoops failed to mention - there's a dunkin donuts/bakin robbins on every street corner too.

Ike
6/24/2006, 05:08 PM
also, don't diss the smashing pumpkins here....

I ate at the grand lux once, but there are other places I'd rather eat.

Sometimes a hot-dog stand has just the thing youve wanted to eat all day.

people only talk about the cubs here because the Sox aren't giving em anything to bitch about. Unless its Ozzies comments vis-a-vis a sun times jackhole columnist.

Most sports radio and TV shows in this town now employ an Ozzie-to-engish translator for press conferences and interviews.

AllAboutThe'O'
6/25/2006, 12:13 AM
Just got back yesterday from a whirlwind trip to Chicago to watch the Whitesox and Cards play Thursday night...Great game...less than 2 hrs...Cardinals pitcher threw a 1 hitter and lost...anyway a few thoughts..

1. The White Sox won a WS last year and still are the 2nd team in Chicago..
2. The town smells like bratwurst..which isnt a bad thing
3. Its amazing how people fall asleep on the Blue Line....
4. My cousin pays $1550 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment....When I told her how much my house payment was, she assumed I lived in a cardboard box..
5. They love some Walgreens in Chicago...one on every corner..
6. DONT DISS OPRAH IN CHICAGO!!...I forgot thats where she is from..This lady just brought up Oprah to me and I went off on how much I cant stand her....Then I feared for my life and walked away quickly.
7. If you get a chance eat at the Grand Lux...
8. If you forget something on a bus like I dunno, say 70 dollar perfume you bought for your wife..dont wait on that bus to ever come back around..its gone.
You forgot to include your opinions of the ballpark. That would have been at the top of my list IMHO.

Blue
6/25/2006, 01:21 AM
Love Chicago

stoops the eternal pimp
6/25/2006, 03:12 PM
You forgot to include your opinions of the ballpark. That would have been at the top of my list IMHO.

The reason I didnt mention the park was because nothing really stood out...its a nice field....We were half way up behind home plate.....Its an impressive facility but nothing much that separates it from other parks from what I saw....The suites were nice.......weather was super nice....I m thinking of heading to St Louis to check their field out in September..

Ike
6/25/2006, 05:25 PM
Oh, and the ballparks official name is US Comiskular.

Hoosier Dynasty
6/25/2006, 08:39 PM
Oh, and the ballparks official name is US Comiskular.

I still call it Comiskey and sometimes "the Cell" as the locals call it, but never anything else.