PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska-Oklahoma 8-man allstar game

royalfan5
6/24/2006, 09:56 AM
The second edition of this game takes place at my undergraduate alma mater in Crete Nebraska tonight, pitting Nebraska's 8 man best against Oklahoma's best 8 man players. Nebraska won the first edition in Miami, Oklahoma last year 36-8. As a former 8 man player I am glad to see this returned for another year.

King Crimson
6/24/2006, 09:59 AM
i think it's a cool idea. though, i suspect there's more 8 man in NE than OK. my paternal family is from the Morrison, OK area (our original homestead is near Lela) and my G-paw is a grad of Morrison HS. Morrison being a pretty tough 8 man program over the years.

royalfan5
6/24/2006, 10:02 AM
i think it's a cool idea. though, i suspect there's more 8 man in NE than OK. my paternal family is from the Morrison, OK area (our original homestead is near Lela) and my G-paw is a grad of Morrison HS. Morrison being a pretty tough 8 man program over the years.
Probably, there is about 100 schools in Nebraska that play 8 man ball.

snp
6/24/2006, 02:08 PM
What positions are left out in 8-man football?

AllAboutThe'O'
6/25/2006, 12:27 AM
Last fall, I went to Morrison to watch them play Gans in a playoff game. Forgettable game (Morrison won handily) but the thing that really stood out for me was driving down that road into the stadium flanked on each side by those big state championship signs. As it turns out, looks like they had to add another big sign, as Morrison went on to win another title.

AllAboutThe'O'
6/25/2006, 12:30 AM
What positions are left out in 8-man football?
The big difference is, in 8-man, there are only three linemen as opposed to five. The rest are pretty much the skill players, so you can use a two-back, two-receiver set or you can use a two tight end-one back-one receiver set.

royalfan5
6/25/2006, 12:48 AM
The Nebraska All-Stars posted at 33-14 win over the Oklahoma All-Stars.
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2195698

AllAboutThe'O'
6/25/2006, 12:56 AM
Thanks, I've been wondering all night how it turned out.:D

King Crimson
6/25/2006, 08:47 AM
Last fall, I went to Morrison to watch them play Gans in a playoff game. Forgettable game (Morrison won handily) but the thing that really stood out for me was driving down that road into the stadium flanked on each side by those big state championship signs. As it turns out, looks like they had to add another big sign, as Morrison went on to win another title.

Morrison is pretty tough. that and Perry Maroon wrestling we got some state championships in my family.

King Crimson
6/25/2006, 08:55 AM

props to the Nebraska All-Stars.