PDA

View Full Version : Coal Miners Daughter

Blue
6/24/2006, 01:30 AM
Why do I watch this movie everytime it's on?

Must be the hillbilly in me.

SoonerBorn68
6/24/2006, 01:41 AM
F'n hillbilly. ;)

Flagstaffsooner
6/24/2006, 02:25 AM
The woman cannot sing nor talk except in burp sounds.

usmc-sooner
6/24/2006, 02:37 AM
the work we done was hard
at night we slept cause we were tard

VeeJay
6/24/2006, 08:51 AM
I lived for 2 1/2 years in a little town called Bluefield, VA. There was also a Bluefield, WV just across the state line. This was THEIR movie.

And they wuz proud of it. My gf and I watched it one night. After we busted up she called me a flat lander.

Good times.

BudSooner
6/24/2006, 09:00 AM
I lived for 2 1/2 years in a little town called Bluefield, VA. There was also a Bluefield, WV just across the state line. This was THEIR movie.

And they wuz proud of it. My gf and I watched it one night. After we busted up she called me a flat lander.

Good times.

I've got family in Raven,VA....just a little west of there, and I DO know what you mean.
Now those are TRUE hillbillies.:D

VeeJay
6/24/2006, 09:10 AM
I remember Raven, but not exactly sure where it was located. I also remember a little town not far called Jolo, WV. The snake handling capital of the world. Them folks' faith was so strong that on Halloween, the townsfolk would go out and damn near destroy the town to ward off the evil spirits. One sales lady told me she was there on business one day on Halloween and people were out in the street cutting down telephone poles.

Bluefield for some of the outlying areas was like New York City. A college, two high schools, a couple of hospitals, a regional mall, and they'd gotten a Wal-Mart before I left.

KC//CRIMSON
6/24/2006, 09:14 AM
Doolittle was a pedophile.;)

BudSooner
6/24/2006, 09:22 AM
I remember Raven, but not exactly sure where it was located. I also remember a little town not far called Jolo, WV. The snake handling capital of the world. Them folks' faith was so strong that on Halloween, the townsfolk would go out and damn near destroy the town to ward off the evil spirits. One sales lady told me she was there on business one day on Halloween and people were out in the street cutting down telephone poles.

Bluefield for some of the outlying areas was like New York City. A college, two high schools, a couple of hospitals, a regional mall, and they'd gotten a Wal-Mart before I left.

Didn't Bluefield have some sort of shopping center up on a hill overlooking a major street??? I might be thinking of Richland, I remember as a little kid getting Darrell Waltrips autograph(wayyyyy back when he drove the Gatorade car)at that shopping center.
They did have a pizza place that served the biggest friggin pizza i've still ever seen....and was damned good btw.
My grandmother, aunt and uncle, and some cousins all lived along this creek which wound thru the backroads of town....we used to catch crawdads in that creek all the time. Good times man, good times.

VeeJay
6/24/2006, 09:39 AM
Bud - everything in Bluefield is on a hill.

Did you know Patsy Cline went to beautician's school in Bluefield? That's what I was told.

slickdawg
6/24/2006, 09:42 AM
Every time we go to the inlaws, we go through Sissy's hometown of
Quitman, Texas.

Of course, that will change if HR ever gets my offer to me........

AllAboutThe'O'
6/25/2006, 12:16 AM
Quitman, Texas.

Went through there one time myself, saw the "Home of Sissy Spacek" sign.

olevetonahill
6/25/2006, 12:21 AM
Quitman, Texas.

Dude Get into Painting houses . I hear there's a shortage of painters in your neck of the woods :D

Blue
6/25/2006, 01:19 AM
My goal in life is to be a pain in my kids azz

Well Done.