PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Disney World Pics...

Mjcpr
6/23/2006, 11:11 PM
Had a great time but dang that's a lot of walking. I can honestly say that Disney does nothing half-assed. That place is immaculate and the rides are more than just lines, ropes and then the ride.....they have a lot of stuff to look at while you're in line.....probably because you're there for so long but it does add to the experience. I highly recommend it. :D

The Tower of Terror......FUN RIDE!!!

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/291/towerofterror1oz.jpg

Expedition Everest...also a blast! It's their newest coaster.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/9748/everest7vn.jpg

The Tree of Life or whatever it's called....this thing is huge

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/7353/gianttree1br.jpg

Carvings all over the trunk of the tree......very detailed

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6955/gianttreecarvings2bi.jpg

Epcot at night.....the last night

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/6314/epcotatnight7ul.jpg

Epcot fireworks.....my puny pic doesn't do it justice

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7470/epcotfireworks9uh.jpg

Kimberlyz4OU
6/23/2006, 11:22 PM
looks awesome, I've never been there. Roller coasters rock!!!

OMG, what am I, 13? sorry, just re-read my post

Newbomb Turk
6/23/2006, 11:23 PM
were you gone?

;)

OUinFLA
6/24/2006, 06:11 AM
and how were the golf courses?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/24/2006, 08:58 AM
In love Disney and can't wait to go back, with or without kids.

VeeJay
6/24/2006, 09:12 AM

Barner at 7 o'clock!

KC//CRIMSON
6/24/2006, 09:44 AM
were you gone?

;)

He forgot to pack his Wi-FI Laptop.:D

SwooshOU
6/24/2006, 11:09 AM
We're going to Disney World in a couple weeks. We're deciding which two parks to go to. We're thinking Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Maybe Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.

I'm pumped.

OklahomaTuba
6/24/2006, 11:18 AM
Some tips from a way too experienced WDW visitor:

Gotta do Animal Kingdom, but it closes early I think. The safari ride is freakin awesome, and the rafting ride is pretty sweet.

MGM has some cool stuff. The tower of terror, the Indiana Jones show and the backlot tour were my favorites there. Overall I am surprised how dated this park is. Honey I shrunk the kids is almost sad.

But, you MUST do Epcot and Magic Kingdom, without question.

And if you want to have a really good time, go right around Christmas. Epcot had some great Christmas stuff going on and the weather was great.

And if possible, STAY ON PROPERTY!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/24/2006, 11:26 AM
You could always go to Animal Kingdom in the day and then Epcot in the evening.

Mjcpr
6/24/2006, 11:32 AM
and how were the golf courses?

Lake Buena Vista was meh because of the greens.....Magnolia was very nice though. Both of them kicked my *** mostly because I suck, but I wasn't playing very well either.

MGM has some cool stuff. The tower of terror, the Indiana Jones show and the backlot tour were my favorites there. Overall I am surprised how dated this park is. Honey I shrunk the kids is almost sad.

Wow, I didn't get that impression at all. The parts that I saw were very well kept and modern.....I didn't see the Honey I Shrunk the Kids part though. All of the shops and things at MGM were very new looking to me.

Mjcpr
6/24/2006, 11:33 AM
We're going to Disney World in a couple weeks. We're deciding which two parks to go to. We're thinking Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Maybe Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.

I'm pumped.

Why only two........are you not staying long? They each have great rides so it's best if you can see them all. You will NEVER see everything though unless you're staying a LONG time.

Mjcpr
6/24/2006, 11:38 AM
Barner at 7 o'clock!

There were lots of schools represented there, even saw a few Sooners, but the Whorns outnumbered everybody else 5:1. Geez, they were everywhere.

IB4OU2
6/24/2006, 11:42 AM
Did you enjoy the 'It's a Small World Ride'? My girls loved it and I'll never get that dayum song outa my head......and it's been 20 years since we were there. :(

Mjcpr
6/24/2006, 11:44 AM
Did you enjoy the 'It's a Small World Ride'? My girls loved it and I'll never get that dayum song outa my head......and it's been 20 years since we were there. :(

Did I? No. But we had to ride it. :D

Mjcpr
6/24/2006, 11:50 AM
Wow, I didn't get that impression at all. The parts that I saw were very well kept and modern.....I didn't see the Honey I Shrunk the Kids part though. All of the shops and things at MGM were very new looking to me.

This is one of the streets at MGM that leads to/away from Tower of Terror; it's mostly shops and food places but this is what I meant by it not being dated. Again, I can't speak for HISTK.

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/1397/shannonmgm3il.jpg

OklahomaTuba
6/24/2006, 12:00 PM
This is one of the streets at MGM that leads to/away from Tower of Terror; it's mostly shops and food places but this is what I meant by it not being dated. Again, I can't speak for HISTK.

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/1397/shannonmgm3il.jpg

Its not really the park infastructure itself that is dated in my opinion, WDW keeps stuff up very well, its just the rides and attractions that seemed stuck in the 80s and 90s. If the Family Guy had a themepark, this would be it. It hasn't changed very much at all since it opened, and I seem to have to go there at least once every other year.

Its great though, and I will probably have to go yet again in the next year or so (such is life when your married to a disney-holic),

IB4OU2
6/24/2006, 12:05 PM
Why are you showing MGM pics in a Disney pic thread?

OklahomaTuba
6/24/2006, 12:08 PM
MGM is a park at Disney world. You are probably thinking of Universal Studios, which blows in comparison to WDW.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/24/2006, 12:29 PM

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/1397/shannonmgm3il.jpgDid that guy in the "Just Do It" shirt meet those girls on Myspace?

IB4OU2
6/24/2006, 12:29 PM
MGM is a park at Disney world. You are probably thinking of Universal Studios, which blows in comparison to WDW.

Ohsorry, I guess there wasn't an MGM park around when I was there back in 89.......:O

Big Red Ron
6/24/2006, 12:39 PM
Disney Land is better IMHO. More condensed (less walking) and California Disney with bigger rides and full service Bars was nice too. Plus, the weather in Cali is soooooooooo much better than Fla.

soonerhubs
6/24/2006, 12:50 PM
Did you ride Soaring?

I rode this in Disneyland California adventure, and they said there was the exact same ride at Disney world.

My favorite ride of all time.

Big Red Ron
6/24/2006, 12:52 PM
Did you ride Soaring?

I rode this in Disneyland California adventure, and they said there was the exact same ride at Disney world.

My favorite ride of all time.Yes, great ride.

GottaHavePride
6/24/2006, 12:53 PM
Disney Land is better IMHO. More condensed (less walking) and California Disney with bigger rides and full service Bars was nice too. Plus, the weather in Cali is soooooooooo much better than Fla.

Totally disagree. EPCOT was my favorite park out of all the Disney World stuff, though, with MGM a distant second. I gave the Magic Kingdom itself a solid "meh" but if you're there with kids I'm sure it would be cool.

Big Red Ron
6/24/2006, 12:54 PM
I got bored at epcot but hey to each his own.

Okla-homey
6/24/2006, 01:03 PM

Barner at 7 o'clock!

That would be 10 o'clock there Slappy. Some wingman you would make.;)

Mjcpr
6/24/2006, 01:09 PM
Did that guy in the "Just Do It" shirt meet those girls on Myspace?

:D

That's my BIL, his daughter and his step-daughter.

Big Red Ron
6/24/2006, 01:10 PM
That would be 10 o'clock there Slappy. Some wingman you would make.;)Actually, it'd be more like 8 o'clock if the Tree is the point of reference.

Mjcpr
6/24/2006, 01:10 PM
Did you ride Soaring?

My favorite ride of all time.

Yep, all 11 of us which was a chore considering we had a couple of cowards with us........and everyone enjoyed the hell out of that ride!

Okla-homey
6/24/2006, 01:14 PM
Actually, it'd be more like 8 o'clock if the Tree is the point of reference.

I was taught the nose of your aircraft is always at 12 o'clock when calling clock numbers.

Big Red Ron
6/24/2006, 01:16 PM
I was taught the nose of your aircraft is always at 12 o'clock when calling clock numbers.So, you're not crashing into the tree?:D

SwooshOU
6/24/2006, 04:23 PM
Why only two........are you not staying long? They each have great rides so it's best if you can see them all. You will NEVER see everything though unless you're staying a LONG time.

We are only there for two days. So, we're gonna do Magic Kingdom one day and then another park the next day. But, like I say, not sure which yet. Leaning towards Epcot and maybe Animal Kingdom. I'm not that familiar with MGM is all about, but maybe that should be thrown in the mix if it's worth it.

Stanley1
6/24/2006, 04:46 PM

Actually, if you like Roller Coaster type rides, Universal is the 2nd best park, if not the best.

My opinion was that MGM had the Tower of Terror and the Aerosmith coaster (which was awesome), and not much more.

I didn't care much for Epcot either. Had the one "Test Track" ride that was pretty cool, but nothing else.

Universal had 2-3 really cool coasters, and a few other things. And obviously you have to do Magic Kingdom.

IB4OU2
6/24/2006, 04:50 PM
I was taught the nose of your aircraft is always at 12 o'clock when calling clock numbers.

Yea me too........those guys must get lost alot. :)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/24/2006, 05:21 PM
For only a two day trip, I would say Magic Kingdom one day then Epcot the other day.

While I'm sure Animal Kingdom is cool, you can go to a zoo anywhere.

VeeJay
6/24/2006, 05:40 PM
That would be 10 o'clock there Slappy. Some wingman you would make.;)

WTF!!?? Barner's down low and left or ain't he?

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/665072/2/istockphoto_665072_clock_series_seven_o_clock.jpg

Mjcpr
6/24/2006, 08:45 PM
For only a two day trip, I would say Magic Kingdom one day then Epcot the other day.

While I'm sure Animal Kingdom is cool, you can go to a zoo anywhere.

I'd second this......especially if you have chidrens. There's a lot to see at Epcot and Magic Kingdom. MGM would be 3rd....I'd do AK last. It's best quality is Expedition Everest; if you're not into that, I'd skip it.

Big Red Ron
6/24/2006, 08:57 PM
WTF!!?? Barner's down low and left or ain't he?

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/665072/2/istockphoto_665072_clock_series_seven_o_clock.jpgO kay let's settled on 7:30

Okla-homey
6/24/2006, 09:44 PM
Okay let's settled on 7:30

If the bogey is below you and to your left, he may well be at "7 o'clock low." A bogey above you approaching on an opposite vector would be at "12 o'clock high" -- a fine movie and old TV B&W TV series I might add.

For bogeys at your same relative altitude, you have to imagine you are standing on a giant clockface which is parallel to the ground. Your nose is at 12 o'clock. That puts the fine Auburn fan gentleman in this particular case at 10 o'clock.

Thus endeth the lesson.

OUinFLA
6/24/2006, 10:00 PM
New Lesson:
Bush Gardens blows Universal Studios out of the water.
More to do for all ages, Several roller coaster rides. Prices are better as well.
Oh, and the whole park has trees. Lots of trees = lots of shade. Something you will appreciate between 10 am and 4 pm.

Okla-homey
6/24/2006, 10:10 PM
New Lesson:
Bush Gardens blows Universal Studios out of the water.
More to do for all ages, Several roller coaster rides. Prices are better as well.
Oh, and the whole park has trees. Lots of trees = lots of shade. Something you will appreciate between 10 am and 4 pm.

More importantly, I expect there are fine Anheuser-Busch products freely available at Busch Gardens. Did you sample any?

OUinFLA
6/24/2006, 10:26 PM
they are not free anymore. :(
but when they were..............good times for Dad.

VeeJay
6/24/2006, 10:29 PM
We like Universal in Orlando. I never get tired of "Back To The Future." Last year, I wanted to get my dad on that; I know he's never experienced anything like it. But the first hurricane of the year ruined their trip - so maybe we can do it later this year.

My daughter (19 year old at the time) dragged me on Spiderman a few times - and it was OK, too. I think the thing I enjoyed most - we were there at Christmas last year - was a live outdoor presentation of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. My 5 year old (at the time) daughter loved it. The Grinch was posing for pics with all the kids, insulting them and the parents (like me) who were taking pictures. Great stuff. All the other stuff - Citywalk, the boat rides back to the hotel (we had some discounts for Portofino) - it was a terrific time. My girls had fun and that's what was important.

That's just my preference; I haven't been to Busch Gardens but I've heard it is the shizznit also.

Blue
6/25/2006, 01:28 AM
Six Flags...

SoonerStormchaser
6/25/2006, 11:09 AM
Having been there every year since 2000 (I went last month)...here's what I've learned:

- AVOID GOING THE FIRST WEEK IN JUNE AT ALL COSTS!!! Gay Days...when all the Aggies and Whorns invade.

- The best time to go each week is mid-week (Monday-Thursday).

- Go before Memorial Day, or after Labor Day. At MGM and EPCOT...NO LINES. When I went with my Aunt last month, we literally did Tower of Terror three times and Rock'n Roller Coaster twice in 40 minutes...the longest part of waiting was the pregame shows.

- If you plan on still procreating, and you are male, DO NOT...I repeat...DO NOT RIDE SPACE MOUNTAIN!

- Hit the rides at Magic Kingdom during parade times (look em up when you get there) and during dinner hour (6-7 pm)...NO LINES.

- Expedition Everest is AWESOME...worth the wait.

- Donald Duck doesn't wear pants...

That's all.

VeeJay
6/25/2006, 03:05 PM
- If you plan on still procreating, and you are male, DO NOT...I repeat...DO NOT RIDE SPACE MOUNTAIN!

:confused:

I rode Space Mountain in 1998, and procreated in 1999. At least I think that creation is mine.

Okla-homey
6/25/2006, 03:19 PM
:confused:

I rode Space Mountain in 1998, and procreated in 1999. At least I think that creation is mine.

Only mama knows for sure.;)

soonerinabilene
6/25/2006, 05:08 PM
blizzard beach is probably the best waterpark ive ever been to. it whoops typhoon lagoon. but to me universal's islands of adventure was the best amusement park there. i thought it beat any of the disney places. the hulk is the best coaster ive ever been on, the dueling dragons is two hanging coasters next to each other and you swear you are about to run into the other car when they go by you, and the spiderman ride was the coolest 3d experience. ps, while you are in orlando eat at a place called jungle jims. its great.

Stanley1
6/25/2006, 05:16 PM
blizzard beach is probably the best waterpark ive ever been to. it whoops typhoon lagoon. but to me universal's islands of adventure was the best amusement park there. i thought it beat any of the disney places. the hulk is the best coaster ive ever been on, the dueling dragons is two hanging coasters next to each other and you swear you are about to run into the other car when they go by you, and the spiderman ride was the coolest 3d experience. ps, while you are in orlando eat at a place called jungle jims. its great.

Couldn't agree more. Hulk is the best coaster I've ever riden, and Dueling Drogons was fun.

Mjcpr
6/26/2006, 09:15 AM
blizzard beach is probably the best waterpark ive ever been to. it whoops typhoon lagoon.

Dang....how long of a trip do you have to go on to make your way to the Disney water parks? We were there 4 1/2 days and came nowhere close to seeing everything at just the four major parks.

They had a miniature golf course too......that's probably the best miniature golf course ever. :)

crawfish
6/26/2006, 09:38 AM
Did you go to the Fantasmic show at MGM? That was the singular coolest thing we saw at Disneyworld.

My son won an alien in the crane game at Pizza Planet. That was cool, too. :)

Hamhock
6/26/2006, 09:55 AM
I'm going to Branson next month.

Eat your heart out Suckas!!!!!

Mjcpr
6/26/2006, 09:58 AM
Did you go to the Fantasmic show at MGM? That was the singular coolest thing we saw at Disneyworld.

No, we didn't see that....there was TONS of stuff we just couldn't get to. I'm sure you know how that goes.

We did eat at the Wilderness Lodge though. Don't ask for ketchup...

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/4387/image0176pu.jpg

Sooner in Tampa
6/26/2006, 11:53 AM
they are not free anymore. :(
but when they were..............good times for Dad.:eek: When did they stop that? :mad: I haven't been to Busch Gardens this year...but WTH??:mad:

OUinFLA
6/26/2006, 12:07 PM
Go ride Shikra, you wont want any beer.

On the other hand, it might take beer to get you to ride.

CSF, everywhere I went in the park it was not free. 20 years ago when you toured the brewery, at the end was a beer tasting hut, filled with Dads. No charge.

Sooner in Tampa
6/26/2006, 12:14 PM
Go ride Shikra, you wont want any beer.

On the other hand, it might take beer to get you to ride.

CSF, everywhere I went in the park it was not free. 20 years ago when you toured the brewery, at the end was a beer tasting hut, filled with Dads. No charge.I have rode Shikra...that first drop is INCREDIBLE...but after that, not so much. Montu is still my fave.

The last time I was there beer tasting was still free in the beer hut.

I may have to make a trip over there and find out.

BTW...the best water park in Florida is Wet and Wild...the Bomb drop is the cats ***.

Stanley1
6/26/2006, 12:39 PM
I may have missed it Pat, but what property did you all stay on?

Mjcpr
6/26/2006, 12:42 PM
I may have missed it Pat, but what property did you all stay on?

All Star Sports......I'd recommend ponying up for a swankier joint but it was a'ight I guess. Basically, we came back to the hotel, crashed, got up, showered and left again so it served its purpose.

Stanley1
6/26/2006, 12:44 PM
All Star Sports......I'd recommend ponying up for a swankier joint but it was a'ight I guess. Basically, we came back to the hotel, crashed, got up, showered and left again so it served its purpose.

Yeah, my opinion is, unless you are rich (Bruce), hotel money is better spent on other things. That said, I've been there twice on the company's dollar and stayed at the Swan/Dolphin Resort and the Hardrock Hotel. Both were very nice.

Mjcpr
6/26/2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, my opinion is, unless you are rich (Bruce), hotel money is better spent on other things. That said, I've been there twice on the company's dollar and stayed at the Swan/Dolphin Resort and the Hardrock Hotel. Both were very nice.

That looked like a nice place.

http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/7606/image0245ov.jpg

And you're probably right on the hotels. We had the meal plan thing and our hotel didn't have a sit down type restaurant so we had to do that elsewhere....at one of the parks or at another hotel.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/26/2006, 12:47 PM
Go ride Shakira, you wont want any beer.

:eek:

frankensooner
6/26/2006, 12:58 PM
Man, I wish I knew you were going, I could've given you some pointers!!! ;) Glad to hear you had a great trip!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/26/2006, 01:08 PM

i dropped a 175k hilton points on the hilton in the resort. we had a crappy room the first night, but then spent the next 5 in a double suite. total cost of $22...

Mjcpr
6/26/2006, 01:11 PM
Our room was about as far away from the front office as it could possibly be and we had a problem twice with the card reader/lock on the door not letting us in. So I got to hike it two extry times while I was there. :mad:

BoogercountySooner
6/26/2006, 01:13 PM
We went to Disney World Last year for a week. We liked MGM the best especially the stunt shows. We rented a 4 bedroom 3 bath Villa on a golf course for a week for $695. It had a swimming pool in the backyard and all the amenities. We rented a mini van for traveling to and fro. It was about a 15 minute ride to DW. One day we went to Clearwater for beachday!

NormanPride
6/26/2006, 01:34 PM
Anyone here read "Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom"? I just finished it and now I can't look at Disney the same way. I still want to go, though...