PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Peterson meet Mr. Stewart

rosecityduck
6/23/2006, 08:43 PM
I can't wait to see how these two great RB's fare against each other on Sept. 16 at Autzen. This season should be Stewart's coming out party. He is a sophmore and an athletic freak who the Ducks are expecting BIG things from this year.

http://community.theolympian.com/albums/album84/stewart.jpg

J Stewart, 5'10", 235 Lbs, runs a 4.3 40, Benches 420.

critical_phil
6/23/2006, 08:45 PM
shouldn't this thread be titled Mr. Stewart, meet Mr. Alexander?

rosecityduck
6/23/2006, 09:11 PM
No doubt Rufus will get after him. It will be interesting to see who wins that battle. One player doesn't usually bring J. Stew down.

XingTheRubicon
6/23/2006, 09:16 PM
I can't wait to see how these two great RB's fare against each other on Sept. 16 at Autzen. This season should be Stewart's coming out party. He is a sophmore and an athletic freak who the Ducks are expecting BIG things from this year.

http://community.theolympian.com/albums/album84/stewart.jpg

J Stewart, 5'10", 235 Lbs, runs a 4.3 40, Benches 420.

Look at his right calf. Damn.

Bowling ball with butcher knives.

TheGodfather889
6/23/2006, 09:28 PM
Now I'm not saying this kid is a bad player but why didn't he play last year?

oumartin
6/23/2006, 09:33 PM
hell, i look good tan and all greased up.

sooner94
6/23/2006, 10:37 PM
that guy looks like a hoss.

but can he jump 36" in the air with an 80lb dumbell in each hand like AD?:D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/23/2006, 10:40 PM
deja vu

Snrfn4ever08
6/23/2006, 10:41 PM
mr. stewart, meet calvin thibodeaux, c.j. ah you, and the pals they brought with them. he won't even make it far enough to face alexander

BOOOOOOOMER!!!!!!!

AzianSooner
6/23/2006, 10:45 PM
September 2nd, THE SUPERMAN RETURNS

85sooners
6/23/2006, 10:49 PM
booooooooooomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!!!!!!!

PlanOUred
6/23/2006, 10:59 PM
I think they met last year in the Holiday Bowl.....I think we all know how that turned out. I remember this guy playing in it and perhaps carrying the ball and returning some kicks.....but don't remember any big runs he had. So, I don't think we will dread meeting him again. Peterson on the other hand had a much more impressive night in the Holiday Bowl.

Snrfn4ever08
6/23/2006, 11:02 PM
I think they met last year in the Holiday Bowl.....I think we all know how that turned out. I remember this guy playing in it and perhaps carrying the ball and returning some kicks.....but don't remember any big runs he had. So, I don't think we will dread meeting him again. Peterson on the other hand had a much more impressive night in the Holiday Bowl.
good post, welcome to the boards

picasso
6/23/2006, 11:16 PM
he's going to need pads.

Collier11
6/23/2006, 11:18 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/fi/pr/42207.jpg

I like this one better

Collier11
6/23/2006, 11:24 PM
Or we could compare freshman season stats

Jonathan Stewart 10g 53ca 188yds 18.8ypg 3.5ypc long-33 6 td
AD 13g 339 ca 1925yds 148ypg 5.7ypc long-80 15td

AD better watch out ;)

The Consumate Showman
6/24/2006, 12:52 AM
How do you spell S-T-E-R-O-I-D-S?

Jonathan Stewart.

He looks unnatural to me. If you ever meet AD in person, he doesn;t necessarily look like this superhuman freak of nature that everyone says he is. Don't get me wrong, he is a big guy, but he doesn;t look like some of these mucscle head FB players that are just awkward. What makes AD so much better is his drive and determination...it is simply unparalleled in the past 10-15 years....

The Consumate Showman
6/24/2006, 12:56 AM
And if he runs a 4.3 at 5'10" 235, then I run a 4.0 at 6'0" 220, out-of-shape, and holding a beer in one hand while balancing a plate on my head....

Collier11
6/24/2006, 01:06 AM
And if he runs a 4.3 at 5'10" 235, then I run a 4.0 at 6'0" 220, out-of-shape, and holding a beer in one hand while balancing a plate on my head....

Thats impressive, how do you keep from spilling the beer?? ;)

rosecityduck
6/24/2006, 04:44 AM
In Jonathan's freshman year with the Ducks he came in at around 225# and over the course of the year increased his muscle mass to 235# and increased his 40 speed while doing so. Terrance Whitehead was our senior starter and Jonathan didn't play as much as he could have due to nagging injuries which limited him to spot duty and kick returns. He still needs to learn to read the holes a little better and to go down when he can no longer gain positive yardage.

Jonathon Stewart Freshman stats:

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2005&org=529&player=2S

Here is a link concerning his listed 4.3 40-time and a short high school biography:

http://www.portlandtribune.com/archview.cgi?id=30968

THE STATS: Stewart rewrote the Washington state high school rushing records with 7,757 yards and 95 touchdowns for his high school career. As a senior, he rushed for 2,278 yards and 30 scores. His honors include, first team Parade All-American and top running back in the country by Parade Magazine, PrepStar Magazine’s Dream Team and top running back nationally, first team Long Beach Press-Telegram’s “Best in the West”, starter at the U.S. Army All-American game and 2004 Northwest Nuggets.

STRENGTH: Stewart has a NFL type body. He has the speed to go outside and it takes more than one tackler to bring him down. He is a quiet kid who lets his actions speak for themselves, and has a devastating second gear that gives him great acceleration. He bench presses 375 pounds, squats 575 pounds and has an incredible 40.5-inch vertical jump. Quite simply, many football pundits consider Jonathan Stewart the top running back prospect in the country and easily the highest rated offensive player that Mike Bellotti has ever signed.

WEAKNESS: Some may wonder if he can play a full game. There is really no indication from his high school games because by halftime his team was well ahead and he normally had already rushed for more than 100 yards, sometimes 200 yards in a single half!

The first thing that jumps out at you with Stewart is his size. The second impressive attribute with regards to Stewart, and perhaps his best attribute, is his balance. For a 218-pounder he has amazing balance.

rosecityduck
6/24/2006, 04:59 AM

I'm not sure what he could do with 80lb dumbells in each hand but I do know that he posted a vertical of 40.5 at the combines his HS senior year.

picasso
6/24/2006, 09:26 AM
I'm not sure what he could do with 80lb dumbells in each hand but I do know that he posted a vertical of 40.5 at the combines his HS senior year.
that's awesome man. but that won't get him a first down.

does he lift weights too?

Big Red Ron
6/24/2006, 12:05 PM
Anyone outside of Oregon/Washington heard of this guy?

CatfishSooner
6/24/2006, 01:52 PM
sounds like the next AD...just not quite as good...

Crimson Kid
6/24/2006, 03:57 PM
sounds like the next AD...just not quite as good...

Not even close.

FlatheadSooner
6/24/2006, 04:43 PM
Well, Howdy #@!%-ing doody, Mr. Stewart!!!

Check me out................

http://www.zshare.net/video/ad-2005-..._0003-wmv.html

Where do you play again?
:confused:

FlatheadSooner
6/24/2006, 04:52 PM
Let's try again.....:)

http://media.putfile.com/Adrian-Peterson-Ride-the-Train

MiccoMacey
6/24/2006, 05:47 PM
I have no problem with him being great. If he is, I'm happy for him.

But football is a team sport. Neither OU nor UO will win this game based solely on one RB.

Here's to J Stewart having a great year, but a bad game against OU.

oumartin
6/24/2006, 05:56 PM
i think i could run down AD..

with a ferrarri

fossil
6/24/2006, 06:20 PM

:D Is there a play that the Sooners run where he'll be doing that? I can't wait to see it happen!

rr2
6/24/2006, 08:02 PM
Anyone outside of Oregon/Washington heard of this guy?

I have heard of him. He was the number 1 rated running back in the country coming out of higschool.

Big Red Ron
6/24/2006, 08:41 PM
Anton Smith and Marlon Luckey were both rated higher. I'm sure he wasn't the number one RB much less the #1 player like AD.

douxpaysan
6/24/2006, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Consumate Showman

Thats impressive, how do you keep from spilling the beer?? ;)
Ask this guy:eddie: or that Brett Romar guy.

rr2
6/24/2006, 10:54 PM
Anton Smith and Marlon Luckey were both rated higher. I'm sure he wasn't the number one RB much less the #1 player like AD.

Here look at this.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=19444

Big Red Ron
6/24/2006, 10:59 PM
Check this one.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&yr=2005&pid=11

Jello Biafra
6/24/2006, 11:11 PM
I have heard of him. He was the number 1 rated running back in the country coming out of higschool.

ok so anyone outside of eugene, washington or posters not named rr2???

hopefully for his sake and yours, the national media won't hit him with the preseason heisman hype. don't ask questions just trust me on this one. you don't want that hanging over your head going into our game.

The Consumate Showman
6/25/2006, 12:05 AM
AD will have a good OL to run behind this year. If you watched the HB at all, you would have seen that our DE's adn DT's were getting penetration all night long, and with Ah You, Bird, Williams, Thib, Davis, Dotson, Granger, McCoy, Bennett, Coleman, Pendleton, and others rotating throughout, we will be smashing some AFLAC heads come time for that game.

Oregon's Hawaiian-Malaysian-Asian-Whatever-the-hell line they have won't be able to stop our potent D this year. I can easily see out D being ranked #1 if we can lay it to the whorns come Oct 7th...

BASSooner
6/25/2006, 12:08 AM
Mr. Stewart....meet that grassy turf

Flagstaffsooner
6/25/2006, 01:08 AM
80lb dumbell in each hand ?:DAre we talking Herr and Lid here?

AlbqSooner
6/25/2006, 11:29 AM
:D Is there a play that the Sooners run where he'll be doing that? I can't wait to see it happen!
Shhhhhhhhh. It is a secret that they have put in a play where he does that 36" vertical jump with an 80# dumbell in each hand.

Look for it late in the TTech game when we are really rubbing it in.:P

Egeo
6/26/2006, 01:25 AM
ok so anyone outside of eugene, washington or posters not named rr2???

hopefully for his sake and yours, the national media won't hit him with the preseason heisman hype. don't ask questions just trust me on this one. you don't want that hanging over your head going into our game.
ya, it was a huge deal for udub fans to lose their best player to the ducks

RedstickSooner
6/26/2006, 11:21 AM
To come in here and act as if this guy is in ADs league is quacking retarded.

Yes, some recruiting services ranked the guy as the top running back prospect in the country - and some had him number three.

AD was the top PLAYER in the country coming out of high school, pretty much unanimously. More importantly, he proceeded to PROVE that rating by breaking records and finishing the highest in the Heisman voting any frosh has ever finished.

You can shake your tailfeathers in anticipation over 40 times 'n whatever sort of man-duck love thing you've got going for the boy, but he's got this pesky thing called a "football field" where he still has some proving to do.

And, no, whatever he did on the high school football field has precisely zip to do with anything. 375,000 yard rushers are a dime a dozen in high school, and no high school stat means or proves much of anything. They're just what we go on 'til the kid suits up for a college game.

Your guy has done so. And his numbers aren't precisely jumping off the page.

I have no doubt he's a decent player -- but he certainly hasn't earned the right to be compared to Adrian Peterson yet.

NormanPride
6/26/2006, 02:49 PM
Wow. I believe that he gained 12 lbs and lost .2 off his forty. :rolleyes: Man, the kid looked like he was juicing in highschool... that unnatural leathery look to the muscles that comes with the juice. I hope he's not though, that's bad news for health...

caphorns
6/26/2006, 04:18 PM
Leave the duck alone. I see at least one thing in common between the two players:

Jonathan didn't play as much as he could have due to nagging injuries

SoonerJLB
6/26/2006, 05:19 PM
looks like quite the athletic speciman. Damn, I wouldn't want to have to tackle that guy!

RooseveltRoughRider
6/26/2006, 05:30 PM
Damn, you guys jump on AD's meat hard....lol....he is good, but good lord!!!! LOL..this is a gross Petersn/Stewart manlove thread...lol

"look at his calf's!!!"

"wow..he can jump with dumbbells!"

Ya'll sound like JV cheerleaders looking at the Varsity Football Game Program

Jimminy Crimson
6/26/2006, 05:37 PM
who? :confused:

picasso
6/26/2006, 07:21 PM
Leave the duck alone. I see at least one thing in common between the two players:
Peterson plays hurt often because of his number of carries and running style. Kind of like Ced Benson only with the homerun threat and stuff.

Jello Biafra
6/26/2006, 07:26 PM

speaking of things in common, you WILL see in something in common with your past thorpe winner and this years set of safeties. one or both of your griffin twins will spend most of the rrs on their backs......

chew on that

Ruuuuuufus
6/26/2006, 08:24 PM
whaaaa?

http://www.icommag.com/november-2002/images/november-jon-stewart.jpg

Jello Biafra
6/26/2006, 10:52 PM
whaaaa?

http://www.icommag.com/november-2002/images/november-jon-stewart.jpg

you see.......huff (2005 thorpe award winner) spent a good majority of the 2004 red river shoot out counting cloud formations after getting ran over by freshman phenom AD.........

so the common denominator would be the griffin twins will be just like him in the fact.........nm one will be on his back the other on his knees much like the texas cheerleaders. males on their knees, females on their backs.....;)

sidenote: did we ever figure out why they call him ad?

Ruuuuuufus
6/27/2006, 07:43 AM
you see.......huff (2005 thorpe award winner) spent a good majority of the 2004 red river shoot out counting cloud formations after getting ran over by freshman phenom AD.........

so the common denominator would be the griffin twins will be just like him in the fact.........nm one will be on his back the other on his knees much like the texas cheerleaders. males on their knees, females on their backs.....;)

Oh no, I got you there. My picture was in reference to the name of said Oregon running back.

caphorns
6/27/2006, 10:49 AM
Peterson plays hurt often because of his number of carries and running style. Kind of like Ced Benson only with the homerun threat and stuff.

I don't recall Ced taking many games off due to injury. Of course, he was into self-medicating anyway so no telling how many injuries he sustained and forgot about on his way to pick up some Taco Bell.

AP is a workhorse for your offense. If for some reason your offense is nothing but a 1-trick pony by the time of the RRS, then I'm not too worried about a repeat of the 12-0 game. I think we stand a chance of scoring a couple of times.

picasso
6/27/2006, 10:57 AM
I don't recall Ced taking many games off due to injury. Of course, he was into self-medicating anyway so no telling how many injuries he sustained and forgot about on his way to pick up some Taco Bell.

AP is a workhorse for your offense. If for some reason your offense is nothing but a 1-trick pony by the time of the RRS, then I'm not too worried about a repeat of the 12-0 game. I think we stand a chance of scoring a couple of times.
my point was that AD carries the ball many times like Benson. that's where the comparison stops.
1 trick Pony is cute. especially when you consider the pony was a true frosh who nearly went 99 on his first carry.

Jason White's Third Knee
6/27/2006, 11:02 AM
hell, i look good tan and all greased up.

No you don't.

Jason White's Third Knee
6/27/2006, 11:17 AM
Damn, you guys jump on AD's meat hard....lol....he is good, but good lord!!!! LOL..this is a gross Petersn/Stewart manlove thread...lol

"look at his calf's!!!"

"wow..he can jump with dumbbells!"

Ya'll sound like JV cheerleaders looking at the Varsity Football Game Program

Don't you have a really dumbass QB to blow?

Jason White's Third Knee
6/27/2006, 11:22 AM
Last year JS was injured a lot and that killed his numbers. From what I have read about the guy, he is AD junior. There is another kid behind them from tOSU that is ANOTHER AD. The coolest part of it is, the sports writers keep talking about how these new kids might be the next AD.

...and after watching that video of all of the AD runs, I am gonna have to start calling him AMFD. He's a damned freak.

caphorns
6/27/2006, 12:01 PM
my point was that AD carries the ball many times like Benson. that's where the comparison stops.
1 trick Pony is cute. especially when you consider the pony was a true frosh who nearly went 99 on his first carry.

And my point is that you are not going to score many points relying on your 1-trick Pony - just like you didn't in AD's first RRS. I think you guys assume that a shutout is likely. I'm not seeing that level of quality in your defense - or that level of immaturity in our offense as a whole. I guess it's possible our QBs could get totally Bomared, but they will have an experienced OL to work behind and experienced receivers to throw to. I'd give us a pretty good chance of winning if Bomar gets Bomared - with or without a genius performance from the oft-injured ADEWI (that's All Day Except When Injured for you kids scoring at home). :)

picasso
6/27/2006, 12:45 PM
And my point is that you are not going to score many points relying on your 1-trick Pony - just like you didn't in AD's first RRS. I think you guys assume that a shutout is likely. I'm not seeing that level of quality in your defense - or that level of immaturity in our offense as a whole. I guess it's possible our QBs could get totally Bomared, but they will have an experienced OL to work behind and experienced receivers to throw to. I'd give us a pretty good chance of winning if Bomar gets Bomared - with or without a genius performance from the oft-injured ADEWI (that's All Day Except When Injured for you kids scoring at home). :)
yeah I got your point eh. I for one don't expect a shutout against anyone. you on the other hand, are still in denial that you would cream your pants if you had Peterson.

Jason White's Third Knee
6/27/2006, 01:21 PM
yeah I got your point eh. I for one don't expect a shutout against anyone. you on the other hand, are still in denial that you would cream your pants if you had Peterson.

Hey, shutouts are pretty rare, even against ****ty teams. Our D looks to be shaping up though. I am pretty stoked about our d line rotation. The secondary has a ton of potential and we always seem to get good linebackers in there. Gonna be a good game against Tejas.

caphorns
6/27/2006, 01:35 PM

You'd be crazy not to want AD on your team. I'd not want to lose JC in the process though. Two different style backs. I actually think JC is more effective in our formations and scheme than Benson was or AD would be. He's just got a very quick first step that allows him to immediately exploit the advantage from option plays and delay draws. But he certainly doesn't deliver the same power as you get from a CB and AD.

XingTheRubicon
6/27/2006, 01:58 PM
You'd be crazy not to want AD on your team. I'd not want to lose JC in the process though. Two different style backs. I actually think JC is more effective in our formations and scheme than Benson was or AD would be. He's just got a very quick first step that allows him to immediately exploit the advantage from option plays and delay draws. But he certainly doesn't deliver the same power as you get from a CB and AD.

I hope JC is for Jesus Christ.

That is pure TexAgs quality right there. "I like <insert aggie 16th best back in D1> over <insert any horn>

AD's got a pretty fast first step from what I understand. Do you understand what zone blocking is and why a back at times does not receive the ball at full speed? Was AD quick enough on his first RRS carry? Learn the game if you're going to make comments concerning the best RB in the country and some part time back no one's ever heard of.

picasso
6/27/2006, 02:28 PM
cough bull**** cough.

C&CDean
6/27/2006, 02:34 PM
cappy,

Now would be a good time to stfu. Unless you're a complete and total retard, you would Peterson over anybody wearing burnt orange.

And to the duck, when your boy gets invited to NYC then compare him to Peterson. Until then, please do not neg our boy.

caphorns
6/27/2006, 02:55 PM
I said I would be crazy not to want AD on my team, but apparently that's not enough for you guys.

And yes. If we were out on the sandlot, I'd pick Vince Young, Earl Campbell, Tommie Nobis, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Prophet Mohammed and Moses (as an interior linemen) over AD. I just wouldn't want to lose Jamaal in the process if that were possible. ;)

Jason White's Third Knee
6/27/2006, 03:19 PM
I said I would be crazy not to want AD on my team, but apparently that's not enough for you guys.

And yes. If we were out on the sandlot, I'd pick Vince Young, Earl Campbell, Tommie Nobis, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Prophet Mohammed and Moses (as an interior linemen) over AD. I just wouldn't want to lose Jamaal in the process if that were possible. ;)
Dude, the Holy Spirit has some sweet wheels. Nobody could cover that guy. I would have taken Jesus too, but after the crucifixion, I'd be worried about fumbles.

caphorns
6/27/2006, 03:24 PM
Good points JWTK. The prophet Mohammed is pretty much untouchable as well. In fact, if you even say anything bad about him - you could be killed the next day. Can you imagine the fear in opposing player's eyes?

DeadSolidPerfect
6/27/2006, 03:26 PM
i think i could run down AD..

with a ferrarri
or a Lexus:D

MiccoMacey
6/27/2006, 03:26 PM

cap-feeling a litle salty today?

1) You're assuming we're only a 1-trick pony. Bad assumption considering most every prognostication of us is that we're one of the top five teams in the nation. Not too many one-trick ponies can claim that.

2) You're assuming that because we didn't score more than 12 points two years ago, it has any relevance to this year's team. Why even bring up that game, unless you want me to go back three years ago (which has just as much relevance).

3) The fact you mention our QB's (plural) is killing me. You're not even sure who is going to start at this position. They aren't going to get Bomared. They're going to get Boomered.

Jason White's Third Knee
6/27/2006, 03:31 PM
Good points JWTK. The prophet Mohammed is pretty much untouchable as well. In fact, if you even say anything bad about him - you could be killed the next day. Can you imagine the fear in opposing player's eyes?

Exactly. You really have to watch for the jihad when he is playing. Moses is definately the man on the OL. He can open up some seriously wide rushing lanes.

caphorns
6/27/2006, 03:38 PM
Yes. I've been thinking that if you have Moses, you may not need the rest. I think I could take JaPorkie Lane up the middle with the room Moses could net you. Now, what happens if the other side has the prophet Mohammed. Do you think an intimidation factor could come into play? After all, wasn't Moses just a mortal man empowered by God? This makes me think that you probably have it right that the Holy Spirit is the MVP. He really could not be effected by the death threats and whatnot. And I don't think he'd be sweating the end of his mortal life like Jesus did. The Holy Spirit is as elusive as you can get.

I'm probably going to hell for this post. Talk about the ULTIMATE baning ;)