PDA

View Full Version : Kerr McGee sold to Anadarko Petroleum

BigRedJed
6/23/2006, 06:25 PM
All jobs will be moved to Houston or eliminated. Bad news for OKC. A true community leader, a company that gave tremendously to the city and the state since the late 20s, will basically vanish like it never existed. It's not a surprise to anyone who's been paying attention, but bad news nonetheless.

:(

Okla-homey
6/23/2006, 06:29 PM
Welcome to the club. 'member when Phillips split B'ville for Houston? I hope they all get mugged by Katrina refugees.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/23/2006, 06:30 PM
That's just sad.

We'll feel this.

Stanley1
6/23/2006, 06:33 PM
Until the State decides to make moving/starting a company there financially attractive, this is going to keep going on. Pathetic.

GottaHavePride
6/23/2006, 06:37 PM
They won't notice until Sonic up and leaves.

BigRedJed
6/23/2006, 06:37 PM
Unlike Conoco, or Phillips, or Fleming a few years back, I don't think this had anything to do with the attractiveness of doing business in Oklahoma. It's simply that the price of oil makes companies like K-M attractive for acquisition. There will be more like it. Hopefully Chesapeake and Devon are spared the frenzy. So far they've been the ones doing the buying.

Stanley1
6/23/2006, 06:39 PM
Unlike Conoco, or Phillips, or Fleming a few years back, I don't think this had anything to do with the attractiveness of doing business in Oklahoma. It's simply that the price of oil makes companies like K-M attractive for acquisition. There will be more like it. Hopefully Chesapeake and Devon are spared the frenzy. So far they've been the ones doing the buying.

Yea, I don't disagree that this time probably had little to do with it, but its still a problem.

BigRedJed
6/23/2006, 06:43 PM
In other words, this is NOT a case of a company leaving Oklahoma. It's a case of an Oklahoma company being bought by an out-of-state company. Devon did it with Mitchell Energy, and others, bringing jobs from (ironically) The Woodlands to OKC. It happens.

Sooner24
6/23/2006, 06:44 PM
Who is old enough to remember when Kerr-McGee sponsored the OU coaches show. They were always pitching Blue Velvet motor oil.

Flagstaffsooner
6/23/2006, 06:48 PM
Who is old enough to remember when Kerr-McGee sponsored the OU coaches show. They were always pitching Blue Velvet motor oil.Me. With Howard.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/23/2006, 06:48 PM
Who is old enough to remember when Kerr-McGee sponsored the OU coaches show. They were always pitching Blue Velvet motor oil.

They also advertised in the old OU Football magazines/publications. I've got several that have their ads in them.

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember...:)

walkoffsooner
6/23/2006, 06:55 PM

I remember all to well

Stanley1
6/23/2006, 06:58 PM
In other words, this is NOT a case of a company leaving Oklahoma. It's a case of an Oklahoma company being bought by an out-of-state company. Devon did it with Mitchell Energy, and others, bringing jobs from (ironically) The Woodlands to OKC. It happens.

I understand. My point was that, even though this specific company leaving didn't have anything to do with the State (and their laws), Oklahoma isn't very corporation friendly, and that needs to change.