PDA

View Full Version : to the local spelling police up your ---

walkoffsooner
6/23/2006, 02:20 PM
Get a life . Can you find a summer job teaching. I had 17 years of school I dont want to spell and use grammar all the time. Deal with it nerds.:D

Fugue
6/23/2006, 02:23 PM
you need a comma between police and up.

Boober
6/23/2006, 02:25 PM
Get a life . Can you find a summer job teaching. I had 17 years of school I dont want to spell and use grammar all the time. Deal with it nerds.:D

The spelling police are known homosexuals. Just letting you know, since you can't be around them.

Fugue
6/23/2006, 02:25 PM
because I checked and there are no local spelling police up my --- :eddie:

Hamhock
6/23/2006, 02:29 PM
Why are ewe so mad? Their just trieng tu help.

Stoop Dawg
6/23/2006, 02:29 PM
Education - It's not just for nerds anymore!

Vaevictis
6/23/2006, 02:30 PM

I'd give that essay a 'D'. Unless I was grading on a third grade level. Then I'd give it an 'F'.

:D

snp
6/23/2006, 02:31 PM
Get a lifeNO SPACE HERE . Can you find a summer job teaching.? I had 17 years of school; I don't want to spell and use grammar all the time. Deal with it nerds.:D

See me after class

Heh, you asked for it.

But I agree, that's why I've been pushing for this smilie for a while

TUSooner
6/23/2006, 02:31 PM

Why do you hate communicating clearly?

;)

OUinFLA
6/23/2006, 03:01 PM
Is Doleo allowed to read this thread?

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/23/2006, 03:06 PM
Can we make fun of punctuation in here or just spelling?

I want to be fair.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/23/2006, 03:10 PM
Actually, Ninja:

Get a lifeNO SPACE HERE . Can you find a summer job teaching.? I had 17 years of school; I don't want to spell and use grammar all the time. Deal with it, nerds.

GottaHavePride
6/23/2006, 03:14 PM
I find that using good grammar and spelling means people find it much more difficult to misunderstand what I say. That way, when I insult them, they know exactly what I mean. :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/23/2006, 03:16 PM
I diagram sentences in my head. Does that make me a nerd?

IB4OU2
6/23/2006, 03:23 PM

No, you're just extremely bored sweetie. ;)

StoopTroup
6/23/2006, 03:23 PM
Talking about spell checking gets me hot.

Talking about hurricanes excites me too...

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2005/images/katrina-new-orleans-la-08-31-2005b.jpg

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/23/2006, 03:25 PM

ME, TOO!

And on paper.

:les: DOUBLE-NERD!!!

crawfish
6/23/2006, 03:39 PM
Get a life . Can you find a summer job teaching. I had 17 years of sleeping through school I dont want to spell and use grammar any the time. Deal with it nerds.:D

Fixed.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/23/2006, 03:49 PM
ME, TOO!

And on paper.

:les: DOUBLE-NERD!!!We should have a Sentence Diagramming tennis match!:twinkies:

C&CDean
6/23/2006, 03:50 PM
In most cases, people who feel that proper grammar and punctuation aren't important are dingleberry-infested butt lickers.

****ing spell and punctuate it right. Judas H. Priest in a ****ing spellchecker. You are what you write. And say. If you have the time to **** it all up, you obviously have the time do do it right. Step up. Have some ****ing pride in yourself. Quit being a ****ing loser. Anybody can be stupid.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/23/2006, 03:51 PM
In most cases, people who feel that proper grammar and punctuation aren't important are dingleberry-infested butt lickers.

****ing spell and punctuate it right. Judas H. Priest in a ****ing spellchecker. You are what you write. And say. If you have the time to **** it all up, you obviously have the time do do it right. Step up. Have some ****ing pride in yourself. Quit being a ****ing loser. Anybody can be stupid.Every grammar teacher should teach those words to students.

crawfish
6/23/2006, 03:52 PM

****ing spell and punctuate it right. Judas H. Priest in a ****ing spellchecker. You are what you write. And say. If you have the time to **** it all up, you obviously have the time do do it right. Step up. Have some ****ing pride in yourself. Quit being a ****ing loser. Anybody can be stupid.

Can you diagram that for us, sbsb?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/23/2006, 03:54 PM
The subject is "people." The verb is "are." The object is "lickers."

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/23/2006, 03:55 PM

You big sentence-fragmenting, participle-dangling, incomplete sentence using, understood subject using effin' hillbilly!

Fugue
6/23/2006, 03:55 PM

wow, who pee'd in your alphabits? :eddie:

C&CDean
6/23/2006, 03:57 PM
You big sentence-fragmenting, participle-dangling, incomplete sentence using, understood subject using effin' hillbilly!

If. I. Say. It's a. Complete. Sentence, then by God. It is.

And you weren't calling it a dangling participle last night sweetcheeks.

Fugue
6/23/2006, 03:58 PM

A grammar dingleberry.

GottaHavePride
6/23/2006, 04:05 PM
Dammit! new spek rules suck - I can't spek Dean OR BSG for that. :D

TexasLidig8r
6/23/2006, 04:23 PM

Thanks Lid, you effete, grammar police homo.. :D

[Dean]"Just git the danged message acrost. Weir smarrt and dont need no proper language."[Dean]

;)

walkoffsooner
6/23/2006, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE=C&CDean]In most cases, people who feel that proper grammar and punctuation aren't important are dingleberry-infested butt lickers.

****ing spell and punctuate it right. Judas H. Priest in a ****ing spellchecker. You are what you write. And say. If you have the time to **** it all up, you obviously have the time do do it right. Step up. Have some ****ing pride in yourself. Quit being a ****ing loser. Anybody can be stupid.[/QUOTE

Actually anyone that cares about how anyone else spells usually have some serious shortcomings of there own. And feal a certain since of power and some pride. That has never been there due to a brow beating by parents or older sibling.

Scott D
6/23/2006, 05:45 PM

Actually anyone that cares about how anyone else spells usually have some serious shortcomings of there own. And feal a certain since of power and some pride. That has never been there due to a brow beating by parents or older sibling.

or they get tired of trying to translate what someone else is trying to say.

BigRedJed
It's like Dolemite, but without comedy.

BlondeSoonerGirl

Or pimp-like game.

Or the crooked hat.

Scott D
6/23/2006, 05:46 PM

except dolemite actually uses halfway decent punctuation.

walkoffsooner
6/23/2006, 05:49 PM
except dolemite actually uses halfway decent punctuation.
sorry mam

OCUDad
6/23/2006, 05:50 PM
Actually anyone that cares about how anyone else spells usually have some serious shortcomings of there own. And feal a certain since of power and some pride. That has never been there due to a brow beating by parents or older sibling.Look no further for proof of Dean's assertion that "you are what you write and say."

olevetonahill
6/23/2006, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE=C&CDean]In most cases, people who feel that proper grammar and punctuation aren't important are dingleberry-infested butt lickers.

****ing spell and punctuate it right. Judas H. Priest in a ****ing spellchecker. You are what you write. And say. If you have the time to **** it all up, you obviously have the time do do it right. Step up. Have some ****ing pride in yourself. Quit being a ****ing loser. Anybody can be stupid.[/QUOTE

If you would spell and punctuate correctly . I might have some idea of what in hell you are saying . Not that im a police about it or nothing :P

Scott D
6/23/2006, 05:52 PM
If you would spell and punctuate correctly . I might have some idea of what in hell you are saying . Not that im a police about it or nothing :P

you should quit being a crotchety old vietnam era spelling and grammar nazi ;)

walkoffsooner
6/23/2006, 06:00 PM
Sorry guys don't want to argue anymore.i know I don't spell very good and punctuate correctly. But i do try.I played lots of sports in high school and college they let me slide but i'm trying to improve in that area please be patient.

olevetonahill
6/23/2006, 06:00 PM
you should quit being a crotchety old vietnam era spelling and grammar nazi ;)
:D Lord knows I make my share of mistakes , specially when I'm on my 2nd 12 pack ;) But I don't think I cry about it , when Some Kind Fellow SOer helps me out by showing me my errors .;)

OCUDad
6/23/2006, 06:05 PM
Olevetonahill NEEDS us. I think I'm going to cry.

olevetonahill
6/23/2006, 06:11 PM
Sorry guys don't want to argue anymore.i know I don't spell very good and punctuate correctly. But i do try.I played lots of sports in high school and college they let me slide but i'm trying to improve in that area please be patient.
If ya had said you where related to dexter , we wouldn't have picked on you ;) Yea we would have :P

rebmus
6/23/2006, 07:13 PM
i always find it funny when posters start correcting spelling and type the words "learn grammEr".

olevetonahill
6/23/2006, 07:16 PM
i always find it funny when posters start correcting spelling and type the words "learn grammEr".
Dont be making fun of My grammer :mad: Shes dead :eek: :D

Stoop Dawg
6/23/2006, 09:16 PM

Actually, you've got it *exactly* backwards.

olevetonahill
6/23/2006, 09:20 PM
Olevetonahill NEEDS us. I think I'm going to cry.
Id spek ya , But I already have ;)

PhilTLL
6/23/2006, 09:35 PM
Actually, you've got it *exactly* backwards.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Stoop Dawg again.

walkoffsooner
6/23/2006, 09:40 PM
:D hit a nerve?

BeetDigger
6/23/2006, 09:53 PM
I've been corrected in my spelling a couple times recently. My success in life must be in spite of my spelling. I should give back half my salary, my bonus, a couple of cars and my house.

OUinFLA
6/23/2006, 09:55 PM
I've been corrected in my spelling a couple times recently. My success in life must be in spite of my spelling. I should give back half my salary, my bonus, a couple of cars and my house.

Im somewhat receptive to taking some of that off your hands.
What kind of cars?
How much bonus?
TIA

Scott D
6/23/2006, 09:56 PM
What kind of cars?
How much bonus?
TIA

you...get back on the lake and earn me some money.

olevetonahill
6/23/2006, 09:59 PM
What kind of cars?
How much bonus?
TIA
Ain't the SO grand ? always sacrificing to help a brother out

dolemitesooner
6/24/2006, 01:04 AM
This thread sucks my Nutz.

dolemitesooner
6/24/2006, 01:04 AM
Yes...That is CAPITAL NUTZ BEONCYES.

yermom
6/24/2006, 01:29 AM
Truck Nutz?

http://www.trucknutz.com/graphics/nutzsmall.gif

Sooner24
6/24/2006, 08:55 AM

Seeing you're from Lawton explains a lot of it. ;)

jk the sooner fan
6/24/2006, 09:07 AM
Can we make fun of punctuation in here or just spelling?

I want to be fair.

not until you put a comma between "here" and "or"