PDA

View Full Version : I finally answered the "Unknown Name, Unknown Number" call that I keep getting

Penguin
6/23/2006, 01:58 PM
And I was surprised that it was Sanji from India welcoming me to the happy Washington Mutual family. He was as delightful as that Indian woman I talked to when I activated my credit card.

I am so pleased that they don't take no for an answer. And I also appreciate how if they don't understand what I am saying, they repeat their entire spiel all over again.

I also enjoy having to yell "No, I do not want your identity theft service!" and hanging up on them abruptly.

I never knew that I had so many friends all over the world.

GottaHavePride
6/23/2006, 03:02 PM
I keep getting one from some number in Ohio (my phone tells me where the area code is from) and they keep telling me it's research about Oklahoma City radio stations. So I ask "they why is your phone number in Ohio?" and they don't really have a good answer for that.

Then they tell me they're doing follow-up questions to an initial survey I answered, and they want to ask about the radio stations I said I listen to. I tell them "I never took any initial survey, so how do you know what radio stations I listen to?"

So they ask if I'm sure and I say "Yes, because if you had asked me initially I would have told you I don't listen to the radio because I think everything on the radio is crap."

They stopped calling.

OUinFLA
6/23/2006, 03:05 PM
the stock broker who starts with "Im following up on the conversation we had about 4 months ago........."
is already lying to me.
And, I tell them so.

Hoosier Dynasty
6/23/2006, 03:48 PM
I have a fax machine hooked up to that line, so when ever I see that Unknown name/number, I flip it on and they get an earful of modem.

walkoffsooner
6/23/2006, 09:12 PM
tell them your glad they called. You have some golf clubs for sale.

rebmus
6/23/2006, 09:16 PM
i give my ex wife's CC and SS#. but that's just me.