PDA

View Full Version : Jammal Brown, Offensive Lineman, Offensive Wifebeater

milesl
6/23/2006, 12:45 PM
Ex-Sooner Jammal Brown arrested

The Oklahoman
Former Oklahoma lineman-turned-New Orleans Saint Jammal Brown was arrested on a domestic battery charge, according to reports.
The New Orleans Times-Picayune reported that Brown's wife called 911 Thursday. St. Tammany Parish Sheriffs Office spokesman Capt. George Bonnett said deputies received the call around 11 a.m. Brown was not home, but returned later as the investigation was being completed, Bonnett told the newspaper.

"I can certainly say it was a physical altercation," Bonnett said. "We know they had a disagreement that escalated into a physical disagreement."

Brown posted a $5,000 bond and was released by midafternoon. The charge is a misdemeanor. "We're aware of the situation and our security department is investigating it," Saints spokesman Greg Bensel told the Times-Picayune. "Until that has been concluded, we have no further comment."

Brown, who played high school football at Lawton MacArthur, was selected No. 13 overall in the 2005 draft.
:mad:

TexanSooner420
6/23/2006, 12:48 PM
for shame, for shame

SoonerStormchaser
6/23/2006, 01:02 PM
...WTF?!?!?!?

He's the last person this side of TRRW that I would've expected to do that.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
6/23/2006, 01:07 PM
Well that really sucks. :(

1stTimeCaller
6/23/2006, 01:09 PM
you can move outta Lawton but you'll never get the Lawton outta you.

Taxman71
6/23/2006, 01:15 PM
you can move outta Lawton but you'll never get the Lawton outta you.

This sounds much more like Nawlins than Lawtonetto.

Snrfn4ever08
6/23/2006, 01:38 PM
new orleans corrupted him:(

colleyvillesooner
6/23/2006, 01:39 PM
I blame Katrina

SoonerStormchaser
6/23/2006, 01:41 PM
I blame Les Miles!

RedstickSooner
6/23/2006, 01:48 PM
How lame. There goes one of the few reasons I had to care when the Aints were on TV.

soonerlaw
6/23/2006, 01:58 PM
I blame the long offseason...... and the refs.

Mjcpr
6/23/2006, 02:00 PM
Maybe she just got lippy.

snp
6/23/2006, 02:00 PM
Say it ain't so Jamaal! I guess not all the details are out yet, but come on mang. Your wife is waaay too hot for this crap. Maybe if it was Janet Reno I'd understand.

BoomerJack
6/23/2006, 02:02 PM
How lame. There goes one of the few reasons I had to care when the Aints were on TV.

This doesn't necessarily mean that he won't be playing. Don't worry. I'd almost bet that it won't even get before a judge until half way during the season at the earliest.

Beef
6/23/2006, 02:24 PM
I blame Katrina
I blame President Bush.

TripleOption14
6/23/2006, 03:33 PM

Count It!!! hahaha

MojoRisen
6/23/2006, 04:10 PM
Always two sides to the Coin- I wonder what she did- it must have been bad :)

Big Red Ron
6/23/2006, 04:13 PM
I would never condone hitting a woman but damn, I've had some women say some chit to me that if it were a man, they'd be hospitalized for.

MojoRisen
6/23/2006, 04:16 PM
"Yeah- don't hit em- just shake them a little bit" Chris Rock

Clearly they can get the best of you- and if they were talking about liqudating his assests- he may have blown a gasket a little bit- I would like to hear the full story....

OUrOUned
6/23/2006, 04:26 PM
It was not Jamaal's fault...it was 'in the air'...my wife and I got into a nasty (verbal only) fight last night and ended up on opposite sides of the house...a good nights rest was all that was needed to reconcile and some planned 'bendy-bendy' for later....but something was 'in the air' last night.

TheGodfather889
6/23/2006, 04:42 PM
Wow,Jammal Brown is one of the last guys I'd expect to do that. When I met him he was very nice and shook my hand. He was like a gentle giant.

SoonerInFla
6/23/2006, 07:09 PM
"I can certainly say it was a physical altercation," Bonnett said. "We know they had a disagreement that escalated into a physical disagreement."

You never know what happened here. She coulda kicked him in the nuts 8 times and called the law on him. It's allways the mans fault. I've got a friend who was arrested for this. His wife got drunk and went nuts on him. He gets claw marks all over his arms from fending her off. She didn't have a mark on her. He goes to jail.

Not defending him if he did smack her. Just sayin, we don't really know what went on there with the info provided.

soonerinabilene
6/23/2006, 07:15 PM
anyone else find it just a little hypocritical that alot of us are making light of the situation and joking around about it, but if the exact same amount of info was released about a whorn or aggie doing this, that guy would be the scum of the earth in our eyes and that this thread would be filled with hateful words towards that guy? that being said, i did shoot water out of my nose when i read the one that said maybe she got lippy.

leavingthezoo
6/23/2006, 07:35 PM
anyone else find it just a little hypocritical that alot of us are making light of the situation and joking around about it, but if the exact same amount of info was released about a whorn or aggie doing this, that guy would be the scum of the earth in our eyes and that this thread would be filled with hateful words towards that guy?

where exactly would the hypocrosy be? even if the horns or aggies helped Jesus cross the street, we'd still knock 'em. that's consistant behavior, my friend. don't confuse the issues. ;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/23/2006, 07:36 PM
anyone else find it just a little hypocritical that alot of us are making light of the situation and joking around about it, but if the exact same amount of info was released about a whorn or aggie doing this, that guy would be the scum of the earth in our eyes and that this thread would be filled with hateful words towards that guy? that being said, i did shoot water out of my nose when i read the one that said maybe she got lippy.

don't get lippy mister

signed,
dean
XOXOXO

XingTheRubicon
6/23/2006, 09:21 PM
I blame W

just to save time

damn it, beef

Collier11
6/23/2006, 10:54 PM
This point was somewhat made earlier but we shouldnt rush to judgment. SHe coulda been hitting him and he pushed her off of him and cus he is so big she got knocked down, if he did hit her I hope he pays the consequences but lets not judge yet

85sooners
6/23/2006, 10:57 PM
dam lippy broads:D

TheGodfather889
6/24/2006, 02:23 AM
Tap the breaks. We are making light of the situation because Jammal Brown is a Sooner Legend. One of OU's greatest offensive linemen. An Outland Trophy Winner. Jammal is in my top 10 for favorite Sooners so of course I give him a pass. As for the Horns well they're Horns so they don't get one.:D

Stanley1
6/24/2006, 02:12 PM
I blame Chuck Long.

Scott D
6/24/2006, 02:27 PM

nah they were already scum of the earth for being a whorn or an aggie before doing something like this.

Readyfor8
6/24/2006, 04:06 PM
Considering its a misdemeanor charge and he was released on 5,000 dollar bail, I wouldn't look to hard at this one. He wasn't even home when the investigation started according to the article.

If it was a horn or aggie we would make fun of him, but I wouldn't think he should be kicked off the team for a misdemeanor charge, even if it was misdemeanor assault.

SkipTracer
6/25/2006, 01:06 PM
Blame it on the Bossa Nova, the dance of love.........

goingoneight
6/25/2006, 02:40 PM
nevermind... I see the "2005" now...

stoops the eternal pimp
6/25/2006, 07:11 PM
blame it on the rain yeah yeah
whatever you do dont put the blame on you

RedstickSooner
6/26/2006, 11:41 AM
I don't make light of it, and unless it was an accident, I won't give the guy a pass on it, either.

He's an NFL offensive lineman. Unless she used a weapon, there's no way she could've smacked him hard enough to warrant any kind of physical response from the guy. Frankly, with a guy that large, I doubt it'd be very easy for her to hit him in the neuts, either -- which I'm sure some folks will use as an example of how a little lady could "injure" a big ol' fella like him.

And, yeah, I laughed pretty good at the "maybe she got lippy" post. I just think some other fans decided that joke was reason to start to seriously suggest that she might've had it coming.

There's no excuse for hitting your wife. Little guys who are just defending themselves are a special circumstance (who doesn't empathize with the weak & meek of the world) but clearly Jammal Brown isn't some little dude getting kicked around by the missus.

NormanPride
6/26/2006, 02:31 PM
Wow. The stresses of NFL life and New Orleans get to people... He was a class guy at OU, and it just proves how different the culture is in the NFL. Very sad, and I hope things work out.

Hit by JB... I'm surprised there's anything left of the poor girl! :eek:

olevetonahill
6/26/2006, 11:22 PM
OK I'm gonna weigh in here
Were any of US in that house ? NOPE
Now about 3 yrs ago My SIL had a warrant issued for his arrest for the same thing , Against My daughter :eek: :mad: :mad:
He smacked her and left , I spent 2 days looking for him , Gonna shoot his *** :O
1 week later I find Out all the Boy was doing was trying to get the hell away From Daddies little angel , She wanted to fight , He wanted to leave to cool off ( him and her ) My Baby wasn't gonna let him go that easy , So the little darling Chomped down On his finger to try to hold him , He Broke lose , Can anyone blame him ? It took him 2 yrs to get the warrant dropped
If ya ain't been there don't cast stones ;)
Oh they are happily married and have 2 kids now :eek:

Collier11
6/27/2006, 01:22 AM
He was a class guy at OU, and it just proves how different the culture is in the NFL. :

Apparently this happened while at OU and was kept hush hush, has anyone else heard this or have a link...I was told this by a friend therefore I dont know that it is true, but he seemed pretty sure that it happened

Sooner in Tampa
6/27/2006, 05:57 AM
Apparently this happened while at OU and was kept hush hush, has anyone else heard this or have a link...I was told this by a friend therefore I dont know that it is true, but he seemed pretty sure that it happened:mad: Bull**** FLAG :mad:

Collier11
6/27/2006, 06:38 AM
Im being serious, I wouldnt make up something as serious as that

Jason White's Third Knee
6/27/2006, 11:32 AM
I would never condone hitting a woman but damn, I've had some women say some chit to me that if it were a man, they'd be hospitalized for.

Dude, you took the words right outta my mouth.

MiccoMacey
6/27/2006, 12:19 PM
Sometimes women have to understand that a black eye is really a mark of love. :D

Sooner in Tampa
6/27/2006, 12:35 PM
Sometimes women have to understand that a black eye is really a mark of love. :DHEH

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes??

Nothing, you already told her twice. :D ;)

SoonersEnFuego
6/28/2006, 10:44 AM

That is Classic! Hilarious! :D:D:D

milesl
6/28/2006, 11:50 AM
What do you tell a woman with two black eyes??
nothing, she's already been told.

.....isn't that how that joke goes. i could have ruined it.