PDA

View Full Version : SLIGHT chance Peterson could return for senior year

melbitoast
6/23/2006, 09:15 AM
I read in Lindy's National Mag last night that Peterson could see himself playing for OU next year. He mentioned that he really hasn't begun to think past this coming season. However, he said, "Plus, we play Miami next year (2007). I can't wait to play Miami."

It seems there may be a little glimmer of hope that he returns for a senior season.

:D

swardboy
6/23/2006, 09:17 AM
He's a Sooner through and through....He'll make Sunday afternoons more interesting for me in the future too.

bstuff1979
6/23/2006, 09:19 AM
I'd love to see AD back at OU for the game against Miami. The 'canes threw some major trauma at me growing up in the '80s and they've got some karma coming their way. I think AD would be making the better decision for himself, considering his ankle injury(s), to go pro after this season...but who wouldn't like to see him come back? TRRW was the last player OU had with that kind of talent, and he went early in the 1st round as a safety. I don't think anything short of John Blake could keep him from being the #1 pick in next years (or, hopefully, the year after) draft.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
6/23/2006, 09:32 AM
As much as I'd like to see him come back I really don't think he will. I think
if OU wins the the National Championship and\or he takes the Heisman he will surely be off to the NFL.

Boston Sooner
6/23/2006, 09:33 AM
The other factor working for OU is that the value of RB's in the NFL has gone down. Most teams figure they can get a pretty good one in the middle rounds of the draft, or sign a FA.

However, if AD came back and had an unreal Sr. year, that "conventional wisdom" of thinking about RB's would change and he'd have a good chance at being the top pick.

But the same is probably true if he goes off this coming year. The key could be whether or not some of the other top Jr.'s come out early or decide to stay. If a lot of WR's and QB's decide to come out early, then AD will probably want to check his potential draft status with a ton of experts. MO

SoonersEnFuego
6/23/2006, 10:28 AM
I think he goes #1 overall if he's healthy. But I hope he stays for his senior year.

Sonner magic923
6/23/2006, 10:45 AM
not a chance peterson is an nfl talent that needs to be in the nfl

Luthor
6/23/2006, 10:55 AM
As the 06 sooners goe so goes Peterson. If he has anything near a repeat of his frosh year and no health issues he'll be drafted as the #1 RB even if someone else has better numbers. As mush as he may love Bob and the boys there ain't no way he's passing that up.

bstuff1979
6/23/2006, 11:25 AM
As the 06 sooners goe so goes Peterson. If he has anything near a repeat of his frosh year and no health issues he'll be drafted as the #1 RB even if someone else has better numbers. As mush as he may love Bob and the boys there ain't no way he's passing that up.

I don't think the season is as simple as "so goes AD...so goes OU". Last year's problem(s) were depth/injuries and the o-line. Don't think losing White had nothing to do with last year either. With absurd depth at tailback and a year of experience behind Bomar, I don't think (knock on wood) losing AD for a couple of games would be quite as devistating as it was for last season. Of course, this isn't going to happen. I think the season depends much more on the secondary living up to their billing and the o-line coming together.

milesl
6/23/2006, 11:42 AM
i think there is a chance. If he wins the heisman, he could return again to see if he could win again. ego is a good motivation.

snp
6/23/2006, 12:13 PM
Old news. Would've looked better for AD had Leinart's stock not dropped so much, but there are other factors in that.

Still, I give it about a 1% chance he returns.

SoonerStormchaser
6/23/2006, 01:06 PM
I'd say about 20%...but if he picks up the hardware in NYC and we pick up the Waterford football...then it's definitely 0%.

Pricetag
6/23/2006, 01:08 PM
Let's not do this to ourselves, guys. Let's all hope he has a great year this year, and relish every moment of it.

Snrfn4ever08
6/23/2006, 01:43 PM
i think their are only two ways he would come back. 1) he gets snubbed and heisman voting 2)we come close to getting a shot at the national championship, maybe even get into the game, but we fall short. something inside of me still believes that ad came to oklahoma to win championships

RedstickSooner
6/23/2006, 01:51 PM
Let's not do this to ourselves, guys. Let's all hope he has a great year this year, and relish every moment of it.

Bingo.

Wishboned
6/24/2006, 02:53 AM
No matter what, I'll fully support AD in any decision he makes regarding his future.

From everything I've read and seen, he's got a great attitude and has the drive and determination to succeed at any level and he deserves all that he has coming to him.

I'd love for him to return for his senior year for purely selfish reasons, but if/when he decides to declare for the draft I'm just going to have to prepare to cheer for whichever team is lucky enough to draft him.

The Consumate Showman
6/24/2006, 09:12 AM
I think, if it was me, that he might weigh SOME of his decision on what NFL teams have the top three picks. You know he will go top 3 AT LEAST, and if there is an intriguing team for him with the number 1 or 2 pick, he might go ahead and leave. I'm sorry, but I wouldn;t want to go to the Saints even if I was going to get paid some serious CA$$$H...would you?

XingTheRubicon
6/24/2006, 10:29 AM
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1933/005lq1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Zero Point Zero

TheGodfather889
6/24/2006, 12:59 PM
Adrian is going to be a lock as my 2nd favorite Sooner of all time (only ex Sooners are allowed on the list) so I'm really hoping he returns for his senior year.

sooner94
6/24/2006, 01:31 PM
Adrian is going to be a lock as my 2nd favorite Sooner of all time (only ex Sooners are allowed on the list) so I'm really hoping he returns for his senior year.

He'll be in my top 2 or 3 as well. Everyone knew about the talent coming out of high school, and then he also turned out to have a great work ethic and to be a great teammate.

CatfishSooner
6/24/2006, 01:43 PM
AD = sooner great....either way.

Eielson
6/24/2006, 02:31 PM
Too bad Bush, Williams, and Maroney left early last year.

TheGodfather889
6/24/2006, 02:33 PM
Adrian deserves to win the Heisman or the National Title before his career at OU is over. Of course I hope he gets both but it's hard to get either. He either has to get one or both for me to be satisfied and happy on how he walks out of OU. As for the value of runningbacks going down,yes you can get a good one in the later rounds but how could you pass up a rare talent like Adrian Peterson?

TheGodfather889
6/24/2006, 02:35 PM
Too bad Bush, Williams, and Maroney left early last year.
DeAngelo Williams was a senior so he had to go. I don't think it makes much difference if Reggie Bush or Laurence Maroney had stayed. Adrian would've been drafted ahead of those two anyway.

Eielson
6/24/2006, 02:52 PM
DeAngelo Williams was a senior so he had to go. I don't think it makes much difference if Reggie Bush or Laurence Maroney had stayed. Adrian would've been drafted ahead of those two anyway.

Yeah, I ment White, but yeah, you're probably right, it would not have mattered much.

melbitoast
6/25/2006, 10:12 AM

Out of curiousity, who is your #1?

I'm in the same boat in that I want him back next season purely for selfish reasons. I think his decision could end up very similiar to Vince Young last year. Win one trophy or the other, and he's gone. Not win either, and he'll be back.

But man, can you imagine our offense??? Oh sh*t!!! Bomar in his Jr year, Peterson and Murray as RBs, Kelly, Iglesias, Johnson, Tennell and Huggins at WR, Gresham and Finley at TE. We could very well out-perform our 2003 offense. :D

AlbqSooner
6/25/2006, 11:17 AM
One additional factor in all of this is that AD's father will be able to see him play live in '07.

Having said that, I will support him whatever his decision.

TheGodfather889
6/25/2006, 01:17 PM
Out of curiousity, who is your #1?

I'm in the same boat in that I want him back next season purely for selfish reasons. I think his decision could end up very similiar to Vince Young last year. Win one trophy or the other, and he's gone. Not win either, and he'll be back.

But man, can you imagine our offense??? Oh sh*t!!! Bomar in his Jr year, Peterson and Murray as RBs, Kelly, Iglesias, Johnson, Tennell and Huggins at WR, Gresham and Finley at TE. We could very well out-perform our 2003 offense. :D
My favorite Sooner of all time is Jason White.

goingoneight
6/25/2006, 02:46 PM
not a chance peterson is an nfl talent that needs to be in the nfl

Right... cuz the NFL is SOOO exciting... :rolleyes:

RedstickSooner
6/26/2006, 11:50 AM
One additional factor in all of this is that AD's father will be able to see him play live in '07.

Having said that, I will support him whatever his decision.

And if he gets drafted, his father will be able to watch his son play from a fancy suite in an NFL stadium, draped in bling, and with a couple of well-paid hoes on either arm (if he wants 'em).

Couldn't agree more about supporting him. I would really, truly love to think that he'd want his dad to see him play college ball, and that'd help influence him to stay. Having AD for a fourth year would be like Christmas and the Fourth of July and my birthday all rolled into one. Particularly after we all got our hopes up so high, and pleaded with TRRW to stay -- almost seems like we're due a college superstar deciding to go ahead and stick around.

Man, we'd be awesome with another year of AD. And if he leaves early, I hope he makes truckloads of cash. The guy is awesome.

melbitoast
6/27/2006, 09:06 AM
We've all been blessed to watch this kid do what he does in a Sooner uniform. I can only pray that he returns for a senior year, and not only breaks every Sooner rushing record, but every NCAA rushing record as well.

But if he does go pro, please, please, please do not let him get drafted by the 49ers or Redskins.

TheGodfather889
6/27/2006, 03:43 PM
Couldn't agree more about supporting him. I would really, truly love to think that he'd want his dad to see him play college ball, and that'd help influence him to stay. Having AD for a fourth year would be like Christmas and the Fourth of July and my birthday all rolled into one. Particularly after we all got our hopes up so high, and pleaded with TRRW to stay -- almost seems like we're due a college superstar deciding to go ahead and stick around.

Man, we'd be awesome with another year of AD. And if he leaves early, I hope he makes truckloads of cash. The guy is awesome.
Absolutely. I agree with this 100%.

GrapevineSooner
6/27/2006, 04:53 PM
What Redstick said.

I've never given it a second thought during his career that AD would stay four years. And I don't blame him one bit for me coming to that realization.