PDA

View Full Version : Polite?

Hamhock
6/23/2006, 08:43 AM
So I call the 800# to ask about some continuing education..

CELady: First Name?
Hamhock: H-A-M-H-O-C-K
CELady: Last name?
Hamhock: Hamhock
CELady: Is that spelled H-A-M-H-O-C-K?
Hamhock: Yes ma'am.
CELady: Oh my, where are you from
Hamhock: Oklahoma, why?
CELady: You're so polite
Hamhock: excuse me?
CELady: You said "ma'am".

Sad state of affairs folks. She was from Jersey.
That is all.

IronSooner
6/23/2006, 08:47 AM
Most girls I know say guys don't hold the door open for them or open their car door. Even on dates. Sad.

Sooner in Tampa
6/23/2006, 08:56 AM
I still use ma'am and sir when addressing folks in a formal manner. There really are quite a few folks in the south that still do this.

But, I do agree that it is sad that most yankees don't know about these sort of manners.

tbl
6/23/2006, 08:57 AM
My two year old little girl is already starting to understand...

1stTimeCaller
6/23/2006, 08:59 AM
Heh, I got hired one time because I was the only applicant that said 'Yes sir and no sir' during the interview. They said that one candidate looked awesome on his resume but when he got to the interview he yeah'd them to death.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/23/2006, 09:26 AM
Most girls I know say guys don't hold the door open for them or open their car door. Even on dates. Sad.

I love it when he opens the truck door for me and waits for me to climb in and then shuts the door for me.

And I have no idea why.

Hamhock
6/23/2006, 09:26 AM
I love it when he opens the truck door for me and waits for me to climb in and then shuts the door for me.

And I have no idea why.

Do you scoot over and unlock his door?

Hatfield
6/23/2006, 09:32 AM
after eating at a fine chinese buffett the other day as I was approaching my car a lady late 40s (not from around here) approached me and asked me where I was from.....I explained that I was from here in Oklahoma and asked why she was asking.

She explained that I was the only one that took their hat off while in the rest. and she thought that was good manners.

thought that was interesting....of course at the time i was hung over and could care less what my hair looked like...

rebmus
6/23/2006, 09:37 AM

And I have no idea why.
are you wearing a mini skirt at the time? it would explain why he's doing that.:P

crawfish
6/23/2006, 09:45 AM

And I have no idea why.

He's passing gas while walking around the back of the car, and doesn't want you to know.

rebmus
6/23/2006, 09:47 AM
He's passing gas while walking around the back of the car, and doesn't want you to know.
another valid reason to open her door. i've done that myself many times.
it sux when i have one of those lingering farts... you know the type, i get in the truck and some of it's still seeping out my shorts. those nights typically become one daters....

frankensooner
6/23/2006, 10:03 AM
I always called it "checking the tires".

colleyvillesooner
6/23/2006, 10:10 AM
When I was in the 3rd grade, I moved from Louisiana to New Jersey. Within the first week, I got a note sent home for my mom to call the teacher. The teacher said I was "sassing" her. My mom asked how. She said, "He's always calling me Ma'am." :D

slickdawg
6/23/2006, 10:12 AM

And I have no idea why.

In case you fall, he gets to grab on. :P

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/23/2006, 11:11 AM
Do you scoot over and unlock his door?

It's all automatic and stuff - it unlocks when he unlocks mine.

But I would. With a smile on my face.

:twinkies:

SOONERKAT
6/23/2006, 11:12 AM
We have offices in Jersey City that I have the good fortune of having to go to two or three times a year. I always open doors, let women on and off of the elevator first, and use "sir" and Ma'am" whenever applicable. I get the strangest looks and have been laughed at a few times for doing this. Sad really, but it just reminds me why I thank God that I am from the south.

Hoosier Dynasty
6/23/2006, 11:13 AM

Most of em don't even let the girl know that the dirty sanchez is coming. Sad.

C&CDean
6/23/2006, 11:24 AM
Story:

I was up in Long Island a couple years ago. We go to this diner, and this gum-snapping, bleach-blonde big haired broad - maybe in her early forties walks up, tosses a menu on the table that slides across and falls into my lap, and says "what'll ya have."

I slide the menu back across the table onto the floor and said "some ****ing manners."

She picks up the menu, stares at me all wide-eyed for a couple seconds, lays the menu down gently and goes "may I help you sir?" I said "yes maam, you may, thank you" and proceeded to order.

I cracked up cause as she walked away, under her breath just loud enough for me to hear she goes "****in' wise guy hillbilly...."

So, when I was fixin' to leave, I asked her "what kind of tip are you expecting from me?" She said "it better be big honey after having to put up with your ****." I said "it is big honey, so big you'd choke to death on it" and I walked out.

The next day I had to go back. She stares at me, comes up and lays the menu down and says "may I help you?" I said "yes maam you may" and she served my food very promptly and professionally, and I tipped her a $20. As I'm walking out she goes "hey, what gives?" I go "what gives is that having some manners and decency goes a long way, doesn't it?" She goes "yeah, but in New York, they'll eat you alive if you're nice." I said "that's why I'd never live in this ****ed up place."

The End.

Mjcpr
6/23/2006, 11:28 AM
So how'd her spit taste?

Sooner in Tampa
6/23/2006, 11:32 AM
So how'd her spit taste?:eek: eeeewwwww

C&CDean
6/23/2006, 11:33 AM
So how'd her spit taste?

Not bad.

Reminds me of another story:

I worked when I was 14 in a pizza joint. Let's just say you should never **** off your pizza preparer until after you've gotten your pie.

The End.

IB4OU2
6/23/2006, 11:36 AM
Back in the 'Womens Lib' days some ladies got offended by me addressing them as Ma'am". I told them, Ma'am I was raised that way and can't help it.

BudSooner
6/23/2006, 11:49 AM
Story:

I was up in Long Island a couple years ago. We go to this diner, and this gum-snapping, bleach-blonde big haired broad - maybe in her early forties walks up, tosses a menu on the table that slides across and falls into my lap, and says "what'll ya have."

I slide the menu back across the table onto the floor and said "some ****ing manners."

She picks up the menu, stares at me all wide-eyed for a couple seconds, lays the menu down gently and goes "may I help you sir?" I said "yes maam, you may, thank you" and proceeded to order.

I cracked up cause as she walked away, under her breath just loud enough for me to hear she goes "****in' wise guy hillbilly...."

So, when I was fixin' to leave, I asked her "what kind of tip are you expecting from me?" She said "it better be big honey after having to put up with your ****." I said "it is big honey, so big you'd choke to death on it" and I walked out.

The next day I had to go back. She stares at me, comes up and lays the menu down and says "may I help you?" I said "yes maam you may" and she served my food very promptly and professionally, and I tipped her a $20. As I'm walking out she goes "hey, what gives?" I go "what gives is that having some manners and decency goes a long way, doesn't it?" She goes "yeah, but in New York, they'll eat you alive if you're nice." I said "that's why I'd never live in this ****ed up place."

The End.

But the real question is.....did she have big wobblers??:D

tbl
6/23/2006, 12:40 PM
another valid reason to open her door. i've done that myself many times.
it sux when i have one of those lingering farts... you know the type, i get in the truck and some of it's still seeping out my shorts. those nights typically become one daters....

You have to shake & pat those out... fiercly. All farts are lingering like that, so the more vigorous the pats, the less chance of it following you.