PDA

View Full Version : Snow Patrol = Semisonic?

SeattleOUstudent
6/23/2006, 02:44 AM
:confused: Sounds like the old lead singer from Semisonic. :confused:

RacerX
6/23/2006, 05:53 AM
Nope.

Semisonic - Minnesota

Snow Patrol - Ireland/Scotland

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/23/2006, 08:33 AM
You really think they sound the same?

Interesting...

SeattleOUstudent
6/23/2006, 09:16 AM
You really think they sound the same?

Interesting...

now, that sounds almost sarcastic

Fugue
6/23/2006, 09:19 AM

I think you're right. she was so po'd , she logged off.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/23/2006, 09:33 AM

Not at all. I actually pulled up the new Snow Patrol album and started listening to it to see what I could hear.

I just think it's interesting when people hear similarities in music. Makes me wonder what part of the sound(s) you're associating.

The first time I heard Blue October all I could hear was Barenaked Ladies. The style of music isn't that similar but their voices are almost EXACTLY the same.

I just like this kind of stuff, that's all. :D

:les: MUSIC GEEK!!!

SeattleOUstudent
6/23/2006, 11:52 AM
Not at all. I actually pulled up the new Snow Patrol album and started listening to it to see what I could hear.

I just think it's interesting when people hear similarities in music. Makes me wonder what part of the sound(s) you're associating.

The first time I heard Blue October all I could hear was Barenaked Ladies. The style of music isn't that similar but their voices are almost EXACTLY the same.

I just like this kind of stuff, that's all. :D

:les: MUSIC GEEK!!!
Blue October....now thats takin me back 3 years

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/23/2006, 11:53 AM
Blue October....now thats takin me back 3 years

They have a new disc out...it's not bad.

bri
6/23/2006, 01:26 PM
Speak for yourself. Every time I hear that sh*tty-*ss "Hate Me" dreck on the radio, I'm like "Look, either shut up and kill yourself, you miserable little bitch, or I'm driving down to Dallas and doing it for you."

Gah.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/23/2006, 01:33 PM
Speak for yourself. Every time I hear that sh*tty-*ss "Hate Me" dreck on the radio, I'm like "Look, either shut up and kill yourself, you miserable little bitch, or I'm driving down to Dallas and doing it for you."

Gah.

A guy I work with is super-duper Blue October Fan Boy. He gave me a live DVD of theirs and after watching it I liked 'em okay.

Before that I would have sat shotgun on the drive down to Dallas with you...

bri
6/23/2006, 01:37 PM
It'd take a lot more than a live show to ebb my distain for them, and I LIKED "Calling You".

But having a single that starts out with a worried voice mail from your mom because you're just SO DEPRESSINGLY EMO that she's afraid you'll hurt yourself? Yeah, just shut up, hang yourself in a hotel room and get the f*ck off my radio, bitch.