PDA

View Full Version : Huskers, Vols to meet........

Salt City Sooner
6/22/2006, 09:44 PM
Hmm, assuming they're still there, that's Schnellahan vs. Fulmer + orange.....I'm gonna have to think about that one for a bit. Oh, & scroll down too, Schnelly IS invading Lincoln:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=300979

SoonerStormchaser
6/23/2006, 02:24 PM
Part of the contract between Nebbish and Phat Phil says that there must be a Krispy Kreme installed near the stadium before the game is played.

Details of where the Krispy Kreme will be located are pending.

Octavian
6/23/2006, 02:41 PM
<whistling Rocky Top while throwing darts at a Callahan target>

SoonerStormchaser
6/23/2006, 02:43 PM
<whistling Rocky Top while throwing darts at a Callahan/Fat Phil love child target>

FIXED!

King Crimson
6/23/2006, 02:49 PM
Pederson must have thought "Vol" meant Valdosta State.

Vaevictis
6/23/2006, 02:54 PM
Pederson must have thought "Vol" meant Valdosta State.

Nah, he knew that he is gone by then anyway, and was just hoping to leave a turd on the next guy's porch.

King Crimson
6/23/2006, 02:58 PM
Nah, he knew that he is gone by then anyway, and was just hoping to leave a turd on the next guy's porch.

i can see the Pedey logic in that.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/23/2006, 04:52 PM
Shoot... if Callahan thought we were hillbillies... wait 'til he gets a load of those orange-clad clowns...

soonerboy_odanorth
6/23/2006, 04:54 PM
Shoot... if Callahan thought we were hillbillies... wait 'til he gets a load of those orange-clad clowns...

Pffffft... I didn't read the link... Callahan has -0- chance of still being NU's coach 10 years from now...

Flagstaffsooner
6/24/2006, 11:55 AM
Pffffft... I didn't read the link... Callahan has -0- chance of still being NU's coach 10 years from now...And Pederson's hide will tanned and hanging on a barn door somewhere near Ames.

Big Red Ron
6/24/2006, 11:59 AM
we care because?

BudSooner
6/24/2006, 12:00 PM
I thought this was going to be a turd in a punchbowl joke?

OUstud
6/24/2006, 08:41 PM
Um, you all assume Smellsofbourbon will still be there in 2009...that humidity+ no water=end of his career, which =having to hear ESPN talk about him for like a day the way they did about Sutton.

Salt City Sooner
6/24/2006, 10:49 PM
I can't see him leaving until he decides to, & he's just full enough of himself for that time to not be anytime soon, IMO. This will be his 5th year there (he's the only coach they've ever had), is 2 games under .500 which is more than adequate considering the fact that we're talking about a fledgling, no-name program & there's been no reports of any incidents like the water thing in Norman. Now, if something like that surfaces, all bets are off, but to this point that's not been the case.

King Crimson
6/24/2006, 11:10 PM
I can't see him leaving until he decides to, & he's just full enough of himself for that time to not be anytime soon, IMO. This will be his 5th year there (he's the only coach they've ever had), is 2 games under .500 which is more than adequate considering the fact that we're talking about a fledgling, no-name program & there's been no reports of any incidents like the water thing in Norman. Now, if something like that surfaces, all bets are off, but to this point that's not been the case.

did this just turn into a Flordia Atlantic thread?

here's what i have to say: Howard had an incredibile pedigree....with Bear Bryant and Don Shula and won the MNC at Miami. and made some
"noise" at Louisville. but the guy was a drunk at OU. and his wife thought she could take clothes out of Harold's at will.

Howie showed up late to Univeristy meetings loaded or late and loaded.

Howie said last year at the Kentucky Derby (in an interview with ESPN's Bob Valvano--another Louisville wonk) that he envisioned FAU soon building a sports facility like the Carrier Dome--"but better". he also said that Louisville was the only team that could have challenged USC in 2004.

royalfan5
6/25/2006, 01:03 AM
And Pederson's hide will tanned and hanging on a barn door somewhere near Ames.
Why would a Nebraska lynch mob drive into Iowa to dispose of Pederson's hide?

soonerboy_odanorth
6/25/2006, 12:42 PM
Why would a Nebraska lynch mob drive into Iowa to dispose of Pederson's hide?

I'll answer that one for Chris...

Because after another loss to Iowa State in Ames he stands -0- chance of even getting on the bus before they get to him...

royalfan5
6/25/2006, 09:28 PM
I'll answer that one for Chris...

Because after another loss to Iowa State in Ames he stands -0- chance of even getting on the bus before they get to him...
A Nebraska lynch mob would bring his hide back to Nebraska as caution for the Next AD, as a reminder. Probably hang him from the sower or something.

RedstickSooner
6/26/2006, 11:36 AM
Wow. Two schools usually fond of scheduling creampuffs but with over-inflated reputations schedule themselves for, like, the year 2057.

It's almost like they're just doing it as a publicity stunt. Wonder if they were careful not to include any penalties in the contract if either team decides to cancel?

Including one good team, like USC this year, or UCLA in 2008 and 2009 doesn't make up for three teams like Louisiana Tech, Nichols State, and Troy.