PDA

View Full Version : Watched Kathy Griffin, On the D-list TV show last night...

TheHumanAlphabet
6/22/2006, 11:46 AM
Mrs. THA likes the show. Saved a recent episode for me to watch.

Okay, I am unapologetic conservative, very intolerant of poor character, and wave the flag and supportive of national pride, and support the war and the reasons we are there (esp. with the recent publication of finding of WMDs in Iraq)

So, you would think I would not like K. Griffin and her comedy as I hate N. Maines (the Dixie Chunk).

Well, I have great respect for K. Griffin. Very good show about her tour of Iraq with 2 other comedians. Seeing her work hard, visiting the wounded and making the soldiers laugh, greeting all and seeing the soldiers reactions. I may not like her normal routine, but at least she begins with "this is my opinion"...

She can talk, she walked the walk! Unlike as Mrs. THA said, The chunky one, Alec Baldwin, the fat one (Rosie), Sidney Poitier, etc...

mdklatt
6/22/2006, 12:04 PM
Well, I have great respect for K. Griffin. Very good show about her tour of Iraq with 2 other comedians. Seeing her work hard, visiting the wounded and making the soldiers laugh, greeting all and seeing the soldiers reactions.

I've seen a little of her stuff on Bravo. If somebody asks how you can hate the war but not the troops, she makes a good example.

I may not like her normal routine, but at least she begins with "this is my opinion"...

Why does that make the difference?

TheHumanAlphabet
6/22/2006, 12:10 PM
Why does that make the difference?

At least she is acknowledging people in her audience have different opinions and she slightly defers to them with this acknowledgement. She is differentiating part of her comedy as a political comment, unlike some people saying they are apologizing for the American people, etc...

I may not like some of the things she pokes fun at, but at least she acknowledges that fact and its part of her act, unlike mouthing off to the press, saying an opinion outside of a performance or unrelated to the performance...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/22/2006, 03:59 PM
Kathy Griffin is a very funny woman. She is much like the Dennis Miller of old, in that when she's not political, she's VERY clever and truly funny.BTW. Dennis hasn't been getting much media attention since he's become pro-war and doesn't seem to hate the POTUS any more. Wonder why!!!???

Scott D
6/22/2006, 04:04 PM
Rush brainwashed him? ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
6/22/2006, 04:17 PM
Nah, just not controversial enough...

Its funny when Kathy talks of her "Gays"...I guess she has an entourage...

opksooner
6/22/2006, 05:10 PM
Did you catch the part about when she met with a group of Iraqui's who offered to shake hands with her with their LEFT hand?

She didn't know what they use that hand for. :eek:

mdklatt
6/22/2006, 05:12 PM
She didn't know what they use that hand for. :eek:

Their knife?

TheHumanAlphabet
6/23/2006, 09:46 AM
Their knife?

You're joking right? I hope you really know, it is the "unclean" hand if you know what I mean...

Case in point, when my company started working in Chad and Cameroon, there was a little bucket with some discolored water in each bathroom stall. A western MD asked about it and was told, lets just say, after that, the buckets were gone and shipments of a certain paper based article increased to the camp and a training program was devised for the locals that were employed there...

Scott D
6/23/2006, 09:47 AM
it's the "unclean" hand in most of the world...hence the reason there was an original bias against lefthanded people and them being considered unnatural.