PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stoops #2

Texas Golfer
6/21/2006, 08:42 PM
I took a quick glance and didn't see this anywhere so I'll get it started.

Bob Stoops was rated the #2 college head football coach.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Columnists/RC/HireEducation_2.htm

TheGodfather889
6/21/2006, 09:15 PM
I'm ok with this list. Before I opened it I was wondering if they might have put Mack ahead of Bob Stoops. But the list is accurate I think.

olevetonahill
6/21/2006, 09:33 PM
Ole petey cant hold Bobs Jock strap .
I wouldnt trade our coach for any 4 of those one there ;)

goingoneight
6/21/2006, 09:39 PM
Bob is definitely a top 5. Just because he ain't Number One yet, doesn't mean we shouldn't be honored... I think a guy who stuns Mack Brown 5 years in a row, beats Bill Snyder (Bob's former mentor), smashed Les Miles and tops Bobby Bowden is definitely someone I'd like to coach my favorite team, how 'bout you guys? ;)

Snrfn4ever08
6/21/2006, 09:42 PM
i'm really happy to see this post after seeing so many lately that didn't even have stoops in the top 10. this is more like it

Joe
6/21/2006, 09:44 PM
"5. Charlie Weis"

:confused: :rolleyes:

Snrfn4ever08
6/21/2006, 09:45 PM
"5. Charlie Weis"

:confused: :rolleyes:
after one season, go figure

goingoneight
6/21/2006, 10:06 PM
Seriously, I wonder if you were to put Pete Carroll at a school like Baylor or K-State, or somewhere with a mediocre recruiting base... how good of a coach would he be. For Petey lovers, I really am curious. Cuz Bob Stoops has been successful everywhere I've seen him coach. A lot of those coaches live and feed off of their respective schools rules to only accept the best of the best. To name a few, I've seen Roy Williams, Jason White and Josh Heupel all do phenominal things at OU considering no one really talked about any of them during their sophomore years, where are they attending college, and such...

snp
6/21/2006, 10:26 PM
No Mike Stoops?

i'm really happy to see this post after seeing so many lately that didn't even have stoops in the top 10. this is more like it

I remember seeing one poll, but not many. And those should be disregarded as a joke anyways.

Seriously, I wonder if you were to put Pete Carroll at a school like Baylor or K-State, or somewhere with a mediocre recruiting base... how good of a coach would he be. For Petey lovers, I really am curious. Cuz Bob Stoops has been successful everywhere I've seen him coach. A lot of those coaches live and feed off of their respective schools rules to only accept the best of the best. To name a few, I've seen Roy Williams, Jason White and Josh Heupel all do phenominal things at OU considering no one really talked about any of them during their sophomore years, where are they attending college, and such...

Oh well, recruiting is part of college football. By the same token, Snyder wouldn't be getting all the hotshot recruits if he was at USC since he looks like the grumpiest man in America.

And yea, he'd still be successful. He's a great coach.

stoopified
6/21/2006, 10:35 PM
Not a bad list.

Soonerwolf
6/22/2006, 06:42 PM
Bob is definitely a top 5. Just because he ain't Number One yet, doesn't mean we shouldn't be honored... I think a guy who stuns Mack Brown 5 years in a row, beats Bill Snyder (Bob's former mentor), smashed Les Miles and tops Bobby Bowden is definitely someone I'd like to coach my favorite team, how 'bout you guys? ;)

Stoops should be #1 for the simple reason that he will continue to dominate Callahan on the field . . . while Callahan runs his mouth, Stoops will have OU running over the Huskers just like another BS - Barry Switzer!!!!

:P

olevetonahill
6/22/2006, 09:06 PM

ain't that what i said ? cept with less words ;)

The Consumate Showman
6/22/2006, 10:54 PM
Leach, Mike Price, and Lester are too high on that list. I'll take Gary Patterson before those three.

SicEmBaylor
6/22/2006, 11:09 PM
GuyMo made the list!
Woo!

Crimson Kid
6/22/2006, 11:15 PM
I don't understand this?

Stoops is a franchise head coach, who’d bring dignity, better recruits and elevated expectations to his "next employer".

What, he's not bringing that here now?

He's not going anywhere.... :) i hope lol.

snp
6/23/2006, 12:22 AM
It's a list that is based, as of right now, who be the best coach to take a new job. The fake job is what the Stoops quip is referring to.