PDA

View Full Version : Babe's Chicken Dinner House in "downtown" Carrollton

hurricane'bone
6/21/2006, 01:33 PM
I had it last Thursday on my way down to Houston for the weekend, pretty good food and not bad for 9.50, anyone else ever been?

crawfish
6/21/2006, 02:33 PM
I went to the original in Roanoke last Sunday. Had the chicken-fried-steak, and it was AWESOME.

My 10-year-old is quite the charmer. Our server was very attractive - he told her, "I know why they call this place 'Babe's' - because the waitresses are all babes!".

He gets none of his smooveness from me. :O

Beef
6/21/2006, 02:38 PM
You wife taught him how to pick up chicks? **** YEAH!

crawfish
6/21/2006, 02:55 PM
You wife taught him how to pick up chicks? **** YEAH!

He was born smoove.

Actually, he was born with an innate ability to push people's buttons. Any buttons. Many times, the bad ones. :)

hurricane'bone
6/21/2006, 02:58 PM
I went to the original in Roanoke last Sunday. Had the chicken-fried-steak, and it was AWESOME.

My 10-year-old is quite the charmer. Our server was very attractive - he told her, "I know why they call this place 'Babe's' - because the waitresses are all babes!".

My dad had the CFS, said it was muy bueno. I opted for the chicken fingers, and they were most excellent. What they're doing in Carrollton seems like a pretty nice idea, apparently some loft apartments are being built in "old downtown" but Babe's is def. a place I'll be stopping at when I'm in the Metroplex.

GrapevineSooner
6/21/2006, 03:50 PM
I don't mind me some Babe's from time to time.

TopDaugIn2000
6/21/2006, 03:57 PM
some of our reps from the dallas area were talking about it the other day. Maybe I'll get down there sometime.