PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever live in tallahassee fla. before?

stonecoldsoonerfan
6/21/2006, 06:35 AM
i might maybe have a job opportunity there. just wondered what it's like? where to live at, etc.?

TIA

Sooner in Tampa
6/21/2006, 08:44 AM
I hope that you are not looking to work at the prison there :(

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Three people were shot inside a federal prison Wednesday morning and officers had the shooter in custody, police said.
The identities of the victims and circumstances surrounding the shootings weren't immediately released. Tallahassee police spokesman John Newland said the FBI was leading the investigation and he had no further information.
All three shooting victims were taken to a hospital, where their conditions weren't immediately known.
DisplayOAS3 = '1'

sooner n houston
6/21/2006, 09:03 AM
I lived in Tallahassee for about 6 years, back in the '90's. Loved it. Only problem there is the rabid FSU fans. Those idiots will drive you nuts! Oh yea, you will find it is dangerous to drive down the main road, can't remember the name of it now, that runs right in front of campus. Seems most guys driving by there during the summer months are not watching the road. Some kind of distraction caused by the FSU pool about a block over that you can see as you drive by!!! :D

stonecoldsoonerfan
6/21/2006, 10:25 AM
the rabid fsu fans have nothing on OU fans at this point. we have scoreboard on them for the last 30 or so years.

any parts of town that are better to live in than others? any areas to stay away from?

Okla-homey
6/21/2006, 01:10 PM
All I know is that its "Africa hot" 9 months a year, is subject to hurricaning, and has lots of politicians since its the state capital.

That would be enough for me to strongly indicate residential avoidance.

slickdawg
6/21/2006, 01:29 PM
South Tallahassee, down towards the bridge from my sweet sassafrassee