PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody With A Registerable Brain Wave Pattern Still Watch The NBA

FaninAma
6/20/2006, 11:10 PM
To all of you who plunk down good money to watch the crap the NBA puts out I have one question...."Why?".

David Stern has absolutely ruined what was left of a league that has been spiraling downward since Michael Jordan left.

And the way Stern absolutely seems to enjoy anally reeming OKC in regards to the Hornet's future is amazing in light of the fact that so many stupid Okies seem so willing to bend over and grab their ankles as he's doing it. Dumbasses.

Sooner24
6/20/2006, 11:34 PM
Testify my brother, testify!

sanantoniosooner
6/20/2006, 11:47 PM
Most of the time I just tune in to spite you.

william_brasky
6/21/2006, 12:13 AM
David Stern has absolutely ruined what was left of a league that has been spiraling downward since Michael Jordan left.

Please explain that statement.

sanantoniosooner
6/21/2006, 12:16 AM
I agree the statement could use some elaboration, but I'm not sure I'd offer it to somebody with a dumping dog avatar. :D

william_brasky
6/21/2006, 12:19 AM
I agree the statement could use some elaboration, but I'm not sure I'd offer it to somebody with a dumping dog avatar. :D

Jealous?

sanantoniosooner
6/21/2006, 12:24 AM
Jealous?
nah.

If I had a dumping dog avatar it would have to be a bigger dog.

Rat pellets aren't that intimidating.

Blue
6/21/2006, 02:11 AM
I kinda think it's getting better. Wade vs Lebron in the East and the Mavs and Nowitski and Tery vs the Suns and Amare and Nash in the West. No Kobe, No Iverson, No Rasheed. I'm getting back into it.

Not enough to watch the regular season, but the playoffs are fun.

soonerbub
6/21/2006, 02:44 AM
To all of you who plunk down good money to watch the crap the NBA puts out I have one question...."Why?".

And the way Stern absolutely seems to enjoy anally reeming OKC in regards to the Hornet's future is amazing in light of the fact that so many stupid Okies seem so willing to bend over and grab their ankles as he's doing it. Dumbasses.

New Orleans is bankrupt (right TU?)--the Hornets will end up staying in the end I think but right now Stern has to do the PC thing as far as that goes.

I liked seeing Cuban applauding on the floor after the game. He knows the refs didn't cost him a trophy. Nellieball will not ever win a title--Nowitzki was flopping and Terry was jacking threes instead of getting fouled like D-Wade. Bottom line the last few games Wade has got it done while Dirk dishes to someone else. Defense still wins championships in the sochiachun.

King Crimson
6/21/2006, 09:31 AM
i think the longterm economic effects of the Hornets in OKC is likely to be bad....i find the NBA to be unwatchable as "sport". i go to a couple Nuggets games a year and always feel like i overpaid for the "experience"...i can DL Foreigner and Young MC if i want to.

plus, the 24 second shot clock is dumb.

runner1182
6/21/2006, 09:41 AM
the foul calls wade got were horrible! he just dribbles throws himself into people and goes to the foul line and hands the ref a $50! the nba needs to let these guys play and take some hard fouls instead of hard foul then gets fined thats not what the nba is about!

oumartin
6/21/2006, 11:28 AM
i didnt' watch hardly any of the series but the last foul of the game when he pretty much gave dirk the fore arm shiver and got the call my jaw dropped..
I like D. Wade and think he will be great for along time but that was a horendous call against dirk.. Wade missed em both anyhow.

Taxman71
6/21/2006, 11:50 AM
The NBA is all about entertainment and less about competition these days. The disparity in officiating among the superstars and ordinary players makes the game unwatchable. Do you think Stern would have suspended Wade if he committed the same foul as Stackhouse?

Bottom line: Antoine Walker, Gary Payton and Jason Williams now have championship rings while the likes of Karl Malone and John Stockton do not. Therefore, the game is fundamentally flawed.

GDC
6/21/2006, 02:01 PM
At least it's over and now we can go back to 16 page Dallas lunch threads...

usmc-sooner
6/21/2006, 02:29 PM
i didnt' watch hardly any of the series but the last foul of the game when he pretty much gave dirk the fore arm shiver and got the call my jaw dropped..
I like D. Wade and think he will be great for along time but that was a horendous call against dirk.. Wade missed em both anyhow.

I thought Dallas was given some pretty bogus calls as well when the Miami player picked the Dallas players pocket someone grabbed his arm and they called him for walking. Or when they called Wade for using his butt for a rebound. Has that ref ever seen the crap that goes on in the paint, I guess not. Or when Miami was called for a travel during the rebound in which the Dallas players and the Miami players were in a scrum.

I thought the refs were doing all they could for Dallas. I say a few bad calls like Nowitski should have gotten a call at the end someone had his jersey.

On the foul you talking about you knew Dirk was going to pick that up he was trying to play Wade chest to chest while moving his feet. I just think basketball refs suck in general.

I truly thought the NBA was fixed when LA beat the Kings in that series a few years back.

GDC
6/21/2006, 03:38 PM
I flipped through the channels and saw a bit of the game, not having watched NBA in years. What shocked me was how those behemoths fill up the court and make it look so small. They need to increase the size of the court, widen the lane, and raise the basket a foot or two.

sooner518
6/22/2006, 09:57 PM
great playoffs up until the finals. The refs handed game 5 to the Heat and didnt do the Mavs any favors in game 6 either. The call at the end of game 5 was absolutely atrocious. Funny how ABC kept showing replays of the play where Wade got fouled, and couldnt find any angle that shows that he really got touched on the play.

Blue
6/22/2006, 10:24 PM
The Miami Heat won. All Dallas had to do was win at home. They got whupped in Game 6.

Big Red Ron
6/24/2006, 12:29 PM
NBA > NHL > MLB > NASCAR > PGA

GDC
6/24/2006, 02:20 PM
I agree except move MLB all the way to the left.

spaceman
6/24/2006, 06:14 PM

And the way Stern absolutely seems to enjoy anally reeming OKC in regards to the Hornet's future is amazing in light of the fact that so many stupid Okies seem so willing to bend over and grab their ankles as he's doing it. Dumbasses.You're right. The NBA has become the WWF.

Big Red Ron
6/24/2006, 06:34 PM
NBA > NHL > MLB > NASCAR > PGA

I agree except move MLB all the way to the left.

LIKE THIS?

NBA > MLB > NHL > NASCAR > PGA

:D

GDC
6/27/2006, 03:59 AM
LIKE THIS?

NBA > MLB > NHL > NASCAR > PGA

:D

I said all the way!:D

stoopified
7/2/2006, 06:14 PM
I have only intermittent brainwave activity so I watched. WADE IS THE MAN.Glad to see new blood win and DID not want it to be Cuban and Co.Cuban and his antics have worn thin IMHO.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/2/2006, 06:20 PM
Josh Howard just got another foul called on him and he was fishing 8000 miles away from Wade :(

badger
7/11/2006, 12:08 AM
the nba playoffs were something to look forward to when I grew up--- my family thought cable was the devil or something, so it was the only time i really got to watch basketball all season. i loved every second of it.

even today, i'll still try to catch as many games at the end of the season that i can. it's not about how much you hate the refs, it's about those moments that will stay with you in your memory--- getting to share that with family.

Memorable moments:

*Magic's Nick Anderson missed two free throws, Rockets make three at final buzzer, win in OT, sweep series.
*Jordan's final shot over Bryon Russell
*David Robinson raising his first championship trophy with Tim Duncan (who raised the MVP trophy)
*Shawn Kemp dunking and landing on Rodman's shoulder
*Larry Johnson's 4-point play that never should have been
*Allen Iverson being faster than a speeding bullet against the Lakers
*Reggie Miller versus Spike Lee
*The Bucks actually making it to the Eastern Conference Finals (I was so happy that season)
*Jordan playing with the flu
*Stockton's short shorts
*Malone talking at the free throw line, Horacek rubbing his cheek
*Barkley coming close to the Finals with the Rockets... but not close enough
*Jason Williams' behind the back passes...into the stands.

Okay, so there's a "short" list. I could go on, but hey, I guess I'm just a lonely NBA fan with tons of fond memories. :)