PDA

View Full Version : Dallas pulls a Texas Sized CHOAK!

slickdawg
6/20/2006, 09:25 PM
That should be the DMN headlines tomorrow, after Dallas loses 4 straight.

slickdawg
6/20/2006, 09:29 PM
I wish more coaches had the ballz that Pat Riley has

"I packed one suit, one tie"

picasso
6/20/2006, 09:38 PM
like he couldn't just buy another one.

oh yeah, and the NBA is dead to me.

bri
6/20/2006, 09:40 PM

Yeah, it was cooler when Jordan did it in '93.

"I only packed enough for one game. If any of you think we'll be there any longer, get the f*ck off my plane..." :D

Hoosier Dynasty
6/20/2006, 09:47 PM

And Thursday night, we see Riley in the same shirt and tie no doubt.

OUinFLA
6/20/2006, 09:51 PM
And Thursday night, we see Riley in the same shirt and tie no doubt.

Nah, I think he'll dress down for the parade in Miami.
:D

slickdawg
6/20/2006, 09:54 PM
NFW Dallas wins this game. They are getting out coached and out played.

I just realized, 80% of the Heat's starters are former SEC players:

Shaq - LSU
Walker - UK
Williams - UF
Haslem - UF

King Crimson
6/20/2006, 10:25 PM

well Dallas already scheduled a parade tomorrow up 2-0....thats ballz.

:twinkies:

King Crimson
6/20/2006, 10:26 PM
alot of time left to play....

slickdawg
6/20/2006, 10:28 PM
Dallas is TOAST!

slickdawg
6/20/2006, 10:33 PM
Cuban will send entire team to work this summer laying bricks.
They are exceptional at shooting them.

OUinFLA
6/20/2006, 10:40 PM
Heck, in the second half there have been enough bricks to make T Boone envious.

Sooner24
6/20/2006, 11:00 PM
Having no dog in this fight and having not watched any NBA basketball for a number of years, until the finals this year, I have concluded that the NBA is as rigged as professional wrestling except in wrestling you know it's fake. Boy there have be some pure BS calls in this series. David Sterns should have just given Miami the trophy in Miami and saved the Heat a trip. He sure extracted his revenge on Mark Cuban in a big time way.

Howzit
6/20/2006, 11:02 PM
Having no dog in this fight and having not watched any NBA basketball for a number of years, until the finals this year, I have concluded that the NBA is as rigged as professional wrestling except in wrestling you know it's fake. Boy there have be some pure BS calls in this series. David Sterns should have just given Miami the trophy in Miami and saved the Heat a trip. He sure extracted his revenge on Mark Cuban in a big time way.

Have to agree.

Congrats OUinFla, this avatar will remain until this time next Tuesday.

Sooner24
6/20/2006, 11:04 PM
One more thing D. Wade had a whale of a series. That was some big time basketball.

slickdawg
6/20/2006, 11:06 PM
You have to wonder about the conspiracy theories - ABC has been
pimping this freak show for THURSDAY NIGHT for a month.

No NBA = ultra freak show ratings.

Hoosier Dynasty
6/20/2006, 11:08 PM
What is a choak?

Dallas sux

Hatfield
6/20/2006, 11:11 PM
the actual term for dallas' performance is "Meltdown"

bri
The sad thing is, Dwayne Wade will manage to shoot 24 free throws during the freak show Thursday night, in spite of not even being there.

bri
This series had been over since game 3. Everything since then has just been killing time waiting for Miami to hurry the hell up and get to four wins...

OUinFLA
6/20/2006, 11:14 PM
Have to agree.

Congrats OUinFla, this avatar will remain until this time next Tuesday.

I always respect a man of his word.
Sorry your team lost. :(

edit: ah, bri, I see you are a man of the same mold.

JohnnyMack
6/20/2006, 11:15 PM
Maybe there's a reason other than an NBA fix that DWade gets those free throw attempts. Maybe?

bri
6/20/2006, 11:17 PM
That is true. The officials could just be THAT stupid.

dolemitesooner
6/20/2006, 11:18 PM
AAAAARGHHH ..GO HEAT GOOD GAME DALLAS

bri
6/20/2006, 11:18 PM
I always respect a man of his word.
Sorry your team lost. :(

edit: ah, bri, I see you are a man of the same mold.

The sad truth? I had this avatar ready to go in the third quarter. :D

bri
6/20/2006, 11:19 PM
AAAAARGHHH ..GO HEAT GOOD GAME DALLAS

Dude, stop being so annoyingly gracious and go burn a couch or something. You won, man! RIOT!! :D

Sooner24
6/20/2006, 11:19 PM
Or crooked.

dolemitesooner
6/20/2006, 11:20 PM
Dude, stop being so annoyingly gracious and go burn a couch or something. You won, man! RIOT!! :D
I don't know any others fans ..to riot with...My grandma is proably rioting in heavan

Sooner24
6/20/2006, 11:20 PM

But he still has X-Men 3 to haunt his dreams. :D

dolemitesooner
6/20/2006, 11:21 PM
But he still has X-Men 3 to haunt his dreams. :D
I won't have nightmares tonight...I may not be ableto sleep ....OHH MAN i AM SO HAPPY

Sooner24
6/20/2006, 11:21 PM
I don't know any others fans ..to riot with...My grandma is proably rioting in heavan

Is that in Cuba?

JohnnyMack
6/20/2006, 11:22 PM
I just think it's sad that a player of DWade's caliber has such a great series and no one cheering for the Mavs has the cajones to just say he whooped you. That he was just better. Had to be a fix, no way a mere mortal could beat the Dallas Mavericks. :rolleyes:

OUinFLA

VeeJay and Ill go riot with you doleo!

Crap did I just post that?
Must be all the excitment.
Sorry SO, I lost my head.

bri

Buddy, if anyone can be a one-man riot...it's you. :D

bri
6/20/2006, 11:27 PM
I just think it's sad that a player of DWade's caliber has such a great series and no one cheering for the Mavs has the cajones to just say he whooped you. That he was just better. Had to be a fix, no way a mere mortal could beat the Dallas Mavericks. :rolleyes:

No one is saying that Wade isn't an INCREDIBLE player. But JESUS, did he get the benefit of some astonishing phantom calls throught the series. I know the term everyone uses to describe it is "Jordan calls", but even JORDAN didn't get calls like that this early in his career. If he had, the "Jordan rules"-era Pistons would have fouled out their entire roster in the first quarter. :D

jk the sooner fan
6/20/2006, 11:27 PM

do you ever take a break from being this way?

bri
6/20/2006, 11:29 PM

Yeah. It's called "sleeping". :D

dolemitesooner
6/20/2006, 11:30 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/0ea08af7-bd4a-4c17-9cb6-e5eaa6e61764.jpg

GottaHavePride
6/21/2006, 12:28 AM
WHAT HAS TWO THUMBS AND IS LIKE A TOOL SHED.

did you get that from Dr. McNinja?

OK, you're a tool shed. What does that have to do with the girl?

It is where all the hoes are at. (http://drmcninja.com/page.php?pageNum=37&issue=3)

JohnnyMack
6/21/2006, 05:11 AM

et tu?

bri
6/21/2006, 05:48 AM
did you get that from Dr. McNinja?

Indeed I did. Took ya long enough to notice. ;)

tbl
6/21/2006, 08:28 AM
Well, I don't necessarily think it's rigged, but there are definitely some looming questions out there... Aside from the game 4 butt whipping, we're talking 3 games that had 1, 2, & 3 point losses for the Mavs. Obviously that's a testament that they should have been able to do something to pull it out (ESPECIALLY game 3... good stinking grief), but there were definitely some calls by the refs that make you wonder. It'd be different if they were on both sides of the ball... but look at the numbers.

Ultimately though, I had been looking for a Dallas-sized choke ever since they came into the playoffs. I didn't expect them to get through SA or the Suns, but somehow they did it. I don't know what it is about the Mavs, but I knew they weren't going to win it all. Call me the Nickzep of the Mavs, but they've proven it to all of us too many times in the past. True, most of that was under Nelly, but I think a lot of it has to do with decisions made on the court, not by the coach.

Oh well... We'll just have to try it again next year. Unfortunately, I think this was the year for the Mavs to do it, and they just choked (or melted down). Next year Stoudemire is back for the Suns, and I think they will be a force to be reckoned with. We'll see... but IMO, the Mavs might not see the Finals floor for quite a while.

TexasLidig8r
6/21/2006, 08:36 AM
Back in the day, it was Jordan and the Jordanaires.... Now, it appears to be Wade and the Wadeittes. It's inconceivable that the Mavwrecks couldn't find a way to even contain him.

As for Dirk and MVP status.... grow some testicles first girlie-man. He didn't shoot 50% in even one game this last series.

So.. Jason Terry is unrestricted and Josh Howard is restricted. If you're Terry, if the rising force in the east, Cleveland, comes to you and says.. "Homeslice, come play with the once and future greatest thing since Sliced bread, Lebron...." what do you do?

Howzit
6/21/2006, 08:47 AM

Did you watch the series?

King Crimson
6/21/2006, 08:49 AM
So.. Jason Terry is unrestricted and Josh Howard is restricted. If you're Terry, if the rising force in the east, Cleveland, comes to you and says.. "Homeslice, come play with the once and future greatest thing since Sliced bread, Lebron...." what do you do?

as long as Jason Terry doesn't have to go man up with Alex Spaulding...he's money. :P

FaninAma
6/21/2006, 08:53 AM

That is exactly how I feel about the NBA. At least professional wrestling is up front with their phoniness.

bri
6/21/2006, 09:13 AM
Did you watch the series?

Nah, I think there was, like, curling or something else on that he was following.

picasso
6/21/2006, 09:19 AM
people, it's not rigged. it isn't Stern who showed that Dallas is useless when the big German dude can't get open to shoot.
Remember when Larry Bird would get D'd up? he would pass and create and make others better. granted his supporting staff was much better.

just shows you how weak the league is.

tbl
6/21/2006, 09:22 AM
I do think a key to the on court problems is Dirk. He just isn't consistent enough in big games...

bri
6/21/2006, 09:23 AM
Whatever, dude. We all know the league booked the series to end like this to set up the best two out of three falls rematch in Hell In A Cell at Summerslam.

'Cause it's FAKE. :D

hurricane'bone
6/21/2006, 09:24 AM
Back in the day, it was Jordan and the Jordanaires.... Now, it appears to be Wade and the Wadeittes. It's inconceivable that the Mavwrecks couldn't find a way to even contain him.

As for Dirk and MVP status.... grow some testicles first girlie-man. He didn't shoot 50% in even one game this last series.

Cleveland doesn't have that much cap room. And J-Ho isn't a restricted, there is a team option for next year, and if they don't pick it up, Imma gonna go beat someone.

colleyvillesooner
6/21/2006, 09:28 AM
Cleveland doesn't have that much cap room. And J-Ho isn't a restricted, there is a team option for next year, and if they don't pick it up, Imma gonna go beat someone.

I hope they pick it up, but put in a clause that says you might wanna mix in some 4th quarter points the next time we're in the finals. ;)

crawfish
6/21/2006, 09:33 AM
people, it's not rigged. it isn't Stern who showed that Dallas is useless when the big German dude can't get open to shoot.
Remember when Larry Bird would get D'd up? he would pass and create and make others better. granted his supporting staff was much better.

just shows you how weak the league is.

It's not rigged, per se...it's just that the league feels they need "superstars", so they tend to apply a different set of rules for the better players which waive fouls and travelling calls (among other things, like over and back).

Personally, I hate the creation of "superheroes" like this - if they can't be great within the existing set of rules, then they aren't great. It's why I rarely watch NBA games.

tbl
6/21/2006, 10:06 AM
Good point. Even the high profile analyists notice that part of the game. To deny that people like Dwayne Wade and LeBron get special foul treatment from the refs is a little naive.

picasso
6/21/2006, 10:25 AM
Good point. Even the high profile analyists notice that part of the game. To deny that people like Dwayne Wade and LeBron get special foul treatment from the refs is a little naive.
well maybe Dirk should learn to play inside of 20 feet on occasion. you know if you're not getting open shots a good player can still get to the foul line.

Sooner Schemer
6/21/2006, 10:36 AM
What is a choak?Combination of choke and choad?

hurricane'bone
6/21/2006, 10:39 AM
well maybe Dirk should learn to play inside of 20 feet on occasion. you know if you're not getting open shots a good player can still get to the foul line.

he did in all the other series.

VeeJay
6/21/2006, 05:51 PM
I was a lot more impressed with the play of the Mavs than the sideshow antics of Mark Cuban, and the NBA Coach-cum-Drama Queen Avery Johnson, extolling a beat reporter to tell the world ("Israel, Chicago...") what HE felt at the end of Game 5.

Dirk - good grief. Say what you will about him choking. How many guys his size can nail three pointers and have a lot of finesse? Hell, Shaq can't even put an arc on a free throw. I wouldn't get down on the Mavs.

Stayed up a little while last night after the game - the local TV stations were pretty much on all night with reporters staked out at American Airlines Arena (Miami), Hialeah, and Little Havana (8th Street), and some bars in Hollywood. The crowds seemed to be mostly young kids (college or HS age). Not many arrests, no cars turned over, no urban fires, etc. And I saw cops - lots of cops.

A part of me wanted to be out celebrating at 2 a.m. but a bigger part of me wanted to be home, knowing this championship ain't doing sh*t for my pocketbook.

GottaHavePride
6/21/2006, 08:09 PM
The Mavericks were one player away from winning. And the player they needed was either a center who isn't totally useless, or another scoring threat like a Chris Paul.

tbl
6/21/2006, 08:38 PM
The team they had was just fine to win it all. One player wouldn't have made the difference. One player shooting better than 35% would have been fine...

GDC
6/21/2006, 09:38 PM
I flipped through the channels and saw a bit of the game, not having watched NBA in years. What shocked me was how those behemoths fill up the court and make it look so small. They need to increase the size of the court, widen the lane, and raise the basket a foot or two.