PDA

View Full Version : I am going on my first business trip of the summer

royalfan5
6/20/2006, 01:54 PM
I'm going to spend Thursday and Friday roaming Central/NorthCentral Nebraska visiting organic grain processors and grass dairies. It should be fun and informative. I enjoy the chance to travel and learn.

BeetDigger
6/20/2006, 02:14 PM
I can understand how you can barely contain your enthusiasm. Are the girls the fairest and the boys the squarest in that part of the state too? :D

royalfan5
6/20/2006, 02:18 PM
I can understand how you can barely contain your enthusiasm. Are the girls the fairest and the boys the squarest in that part of the state too? :D
I would think so, Nebraska is pretty long on fairness and squareness.

oumartin
6/20/2006, 02:25 PM
so, what are you majoring in?
lets see, do you know what Ammonium Thio-sulfate is?
Potassium Thio-Sulfate?

royalfan5
6/20/2006, 02:32 PM
so, what are you majoring in?
lets see, do you know what Ammonium Thio-sulfate is?
Potassium Thio-Sulfate?
That would be N and K of the critical N-P-K system although up here we have a stronger reliance on NH3 for our N needs. However my main focus is on the marketing of the commodities that result from that.

oumartin
6/20/2006, 02:36 PM
ah, good ole' anhydrous ammonia!
I've made em all.
Anhydrous, 32 and 28% UAN solutions, KTS, ATS, Thio-Sul.
I just know we sent tons of ATS to nebraska.

royalfan5
6/20/2006, 02:38 PM
ah, good ole' anhydrous ammonia!
I've made em all.
Anhydrous, 32 and 28% UAN solutions, KTS, ATS, Thio-Sul.
I just know we sent tons of ATS to nebraska.
Alot of people use both. They knife on Anhydrous in the fall, and then supplement with ATS while planting, or top dress wheat.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/20/2006, 03:02 PM
I'm going to spend Thursday and Friday roaming Central/NorthCentral Nebraska visiting organic grain processors and grass dairies. It should be fun and informative. I enjoy the chance to travel and learn.

are you on a work release program or something?

SoonerBorn68
6/20/2006, 03:08 PM
I remember my last business trip. It was a 3 day heavy truck parts convention in Nashville. I got to stay at the Opryland hotel. The boss said not to buy anything. They gave away as much beer as you could drink. I didn't spend a whole hour sober the entire time I was there.

oumartin
6/20/2006, 03:10 PM
now you are in a dry county in the middle of nowhere making 100k a year while killin' snakes... ;)

royalfan5
6/20/2006, 03:16 PM
are you on a work release program or something?
Nope, grad student

Howzit
6/20/2006, 03:39 PM

Oh, you lucky bastard. I never get to spend time roaming Central/NorthCentral Nebraska visiting organic grain processors and grass dairies.

BeetDigger
6/20/2006, 03:47 PM
Last time I drove through that part of the state, I promised myself I would not stop in North Platte. I knew that if I stopped, it would be three days of non-stop revalrie. As it was, I resisted the urge and kept driving. I did, however, stop in Kearney to visit the Cabela's store. I figured after dozens of trips to the Sydney store, I owed at least one visit to the Kearney store.

royalfan5
6/20/2006, 05:09 PM
Last time I drove through that part of the state, I promised myself I would not stop in North Platte. I knew that if I stopped, it would be three days of non-stop revalrie. As it was, I resisted the urge and kept driving. I did, however, stop in Kearney to visit the Cabela's store. I figured after dozens of trips to the Sydney store, I owed at least one visit to the Kearney store.
I won't be that far west this time. I'll only hit Grand Island before heading North towards South Dakota.

BeetDigger
6/20/2006, 06:14 PM
I won't be that far west this time. I'll only hit Grand Island before heading North towards South Dakota.

Just remember, Grand Island is neither an Island, nor is it Grand. :texan:

GottaHavePride
6/20/2006, 06:18 PM
Much like the Holy Roman Empire.

royalfan5
6/20/2006, 06:35 PM
Just remember, Grand Island is neither an Island, nor is it Grand. :texan:
That's what happens when you let Mormons name stuff.

VeeJay
6/20/2006, 07:04 PM

You're there, man. Drugs, sex, and rock and roll!!!