PDA

View Full Version : Troops back to NOLA after violent weekend

slickdawg
6/20/2006, 09:55 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-neworleans20jun20,1,4247573.story?coll=la-headlines-nation&track=crosspromo

NEW ORLEANS — Nearly 10 months after Hurricane Katrina, National Guard troops are returning to New Orleans to keep the peace in a city growing increasingly uneasy over its rising tide of crime.

After six deaths over the weekend — including those of five teenagers in one shooting incident — Mayor C. Ray Nagin asked Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco at a news conference Monday to send a contingent of National Guard troops and state troopers.

Blanco agreed to send the reinforcements, with the first 100 of 300 promised troops arriving in the city today. Sixty state troopers also will be deployed.

mdklatt
6/20/2006, 09:58 AM
Are things dried out enough to just burn the entire city to the ground?

slickdawg
6/20/2006, 09:58 AM
Are things dried out enough to just burn the entire city to the ground?

Yes. Got a match?

mdklatt
6/20/2006, 09:59 AM
Yes. Got a match?

Sorry, I don't smoke.

VeeJay
6/20/2006, 10:06 AM
F-16 with two five hundred bombs has been dispatched.

GottaHavePride
6/20/2006, 11:21 AM
Heh. any plan to eliminate crime in NOLA should begin with the phrase "after the bombing has stopped..."

Stoop Dawg
6/20/2006, 01:05 PM
What a ****-hole.

C&CDean
6/20/2006, 01:09 PM
Her name ain't Babineaux Blanco. C'mon, you're funnin' me, right?

slickdawg
6/20/2006, 01:13 PM

Kathleen Babineaux Blanco, Governor, Louisiana

no ****.

http://www.gov.louisiana.gov/

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/20/2006, 01:23 PM

what were you expecting? baberaham lincoln?

TUSooner
6/20/2006, 02:07 PM
The pic of the front page of the Times-Pic was so sweet! Hizzoner the mayor hugging the mother of 1 or 2 of the latest murder victms, some of whom, if not all, were under indictment. After the photo he should have taken the mom aside and said, "Hey , b----, what the f--- were those boys doin out on the streets at 4 o'clock in the f---ing morning, anyway?" Buhhhhhh!!!!!! :mad:.
As pathetic as it is, bring on the troops. Hell, declare martial law! At least somebody's finally admitting that the city is a sh!t hole.

Scott D
6/20/2006, 02:10 PM
Ok, I listened a little to william favor's hero while I was running an errand, and what bugged me about something he said was how the police level is near pre-katrina status, and the population is near half. He seems to be disregarding the absolute collapse of infrastructure in the area, and that said criminal element gained access to a lot of weapons they didn't have access to because of the hurricane.

not as much as all of his pregnant pauses, 'um, er, uh, and a's' bothered me

slickdawg
6/20/2006, 02:25 PM
The pic of the front page of the Times-Pic was so sweet! Hizzoner the mayor hugging the mother of 1 or 2 of the latest murder victms, some of whom, if not all, were under indictment. After the photo he should have taken the mom aside and said, "Hey , b----, what the f--- were those boys doin out on the streets at 4 o'clock in the f---ing morning, anyway?" Buhhhhhh!!!!!! :mad:.
As pathetic as it is, bring on the troops. Hell, declare martial law! At least somebody's finally admitting that the city is a sh!t hole.

Nail, meet sledge hammer.

royalfan5
6/20/2006, 02:36 PM
Honestly, just keep what is needed to keep the port running and then move the rest of the population to Lubbock or somewhere? Maybe Shreveport? By the time you thinned out the outstanding warrents it couldn't be than many people.

Okla-homey
6/20/2006, 02:46 PM
Honestly, just keep what is needed to keep the port running and then move the rest of the population to Lubbock or somewhere? Maybe Shreveport? By the time you thinned out the outstanding warrents it couldn't be than many people.

Not Houston though. They is underwater right now. Global Warming is a biotch!;)

SoonerInKCMO
6/20/2006, 02:55 PM

Haven't they suffered enough? :(

GottaHavePride
6/20/2006, 03:09 PM
We can just send Howzit out to ask everyone to just walk away...

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/Humungous.jpg

:D

Jerk
6/20/2006, 04:41 PM
Hizzoner the mayor hugging the mother of 1 or 2 of the latest murder victms, some of whom, if not all, were under indictment.

So, the democrats just lost 4 more voters down there?

Things are getting bad.

OUinFLA
6/20/2006, 08:25 PM
Re: Troops back to NOLA after violent weekend

wow, I thought StoopTroup was going for a NO vacation.
I should listen to the news more often.

Vaevictis
6/20/2006, 08:30 PM
Not Houston though. They is underwater right now. Global Warming is a biotch!;)

Heh, either that or moving into what is essentially a drained swamp entails this stuff from time to time :)

LoyalFan
6/21/2006, 07:16 PM
Well, the troops are in for a surprise!

http://theatreorgans.com/music4sale/images/2003/nola.jpg

(ummm...heh!)

LF