PDA

View Full Version : YAY!!!11 Another reply all email problem for us

Osce0la
6/20/2006, 09:38 AM
Someone tried to send out an email asking about a refund for a customer. They somehow sent it to the entire building, so now everyone is replying...And of course, instead of hitting "Reply to sender", they are hitting "Reply to all", sending every reply to everyone in the building. I told my co-workers we should go to a pay phone and call this woman (the customer) and tell her we just wanted to verify her routing number and account number (as her phone number and account number are in the email)just to freak her out.

Hatfield
6/20/2006, 09:41 AM
send a reply to all asking the difference between reply to all and reply to sender.

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/20/2006, 09:42 AM
I always replied with "Please take me off of this mailing list"

Either that or "unsubscribe"

However, people don't use mailing list discussion groups anymore so it may not be as funny as it once was.

frankensooner
6/20/2006, 09:46 AM
This thread seems very familiar. I have this deja vu feeling.

Osce0la
6/20/2006, 09:53 AM
This thread seems very familiar. I have this deja vu feeling.
That's why it's titled "ANOTHER"...YWIA!

I just don't understand why, after 10 people reply telling everyone "this was sent out to everyone in error, please do not reply anymore", others feel the need to continue to tell people not to reply. That's the whole problem with it - everyone continues to try to be the problem solver and wants to tell everyone to stop replying...

One email read:

I have to agree with...(list of about 7 names)...this needs to stop, everyone stop replying to this email.

If you agree that everyone needs to stop, why did you just reply?

I thought about replying and asking them if this was something for a money market trade, I haven't done it yet though. Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow and get this whole thing started back up again.

colleyvillesooner
6/20/2006, 09:54 AM
That's why it's titled "ANOTHER"...YWIA!

I just don't understand why, after 10 people reply telling everyone "this was sent out to everyone in error, please do not reply anymore", others feel the need to continue to tell people not to reply. That's the whole problem with it - everyone continues to try to be the problem solver and wants to tell everyone to stop replying...

One email read:

If you agree that everyone needs to stop, why did you just reply?

I thought about replying and asking them if this was something for a money market trade, I haven't done it yet though. Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow and get this whole thing started back up again.

Sned a reply like this: "These are great. Anyone else have anyone's account numbers I can have?"

Osce0la
6/20/2006, 10:11 AM
Sned a reply like this: "These are great. Anyone else have anyone's account numbers I can have?"
I could ask for her SSN and see what everyone says. But then again, with her account number I could pull that up on the system anyway. I need to quit joking like this from a work computer...I'm going to get fired.

Hatfield
6/20/2006, 10:37 AM
you should wait like a week and then start it back up with a fresh reply to all asking that everyone stop replying to it.

that would be greatness.

Osce0la
6/20/2006, 10:49 AM
you should wait like a week and then start it back up with a fresh reply to all asking that everyone stop replying to it.

that would be greatness.
I think I might just reply to all tomorrow and ask if they ever got the problem resolved.