PDA

View Full Version : 94

Stanley1
6/19/2006, 08:33 PM
My golf score today. I honestly think that golf may be the spawn of the devil. Seriously. Why is it so hard to put it all together?

I started playing golf "more seriously" about 6-7 years ago. When I first started, I sucked at everything, 'cept maybe putting, I was decent. Then I got to where I could hit my long irons pretty good. Then for a while, maybe one summer, or a couple of months, I was money with a 6 iron or higher. When I say money, I mean frickin' money. At the time though, I tee'd off with a 3-iron, and couldn't chip to save my life.

Fast forward to 2003 probably. My dad bought a King Cobra driver, and I borrowed it at the range. All the sudden, I was hitting bombs with that club. Straight, long, BOMBS. So I get to the course and I have the monster drives, but now I can't hit an iron to save my life. Still can't chip, but I putt pretty well.

Sometime late in 2004, or early 2005, I stopped being able to hit the driver straight, got a nasty slice. Irons got a little better, but not great, no chipping, decent putting.

Now you know what my game is? Drives are all over the place. Can't hit an iron to save my life. I chip like frickin' Phil Mickelson (having to chip for 6-7 years almost constantly has finally paid off I guess), and I putt pretty well most of the time.

I JUST WANT TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER BIOTCHES!!!!!

Stanley1
6/19/2006, 08:34 PM
On a side note, I hit my last 4-5 tee shots pretty well today. I think I "might" have figured out my problem here. But the irons.....no clue.

tbl
6/19/2006, 08:36 PM
Drivings for show, puttings for dough.

Also, don't complain about a 94. That's a pretty good score. Over 90% of the golfers out there average 100 or over, so you're doing pretty good.

Stanley1
6/19/2006, 08:41 PM
Drivings for show, puttings for dough.

Also, don't complain about a 94. That's a pretty good score. Over 90% of the golfers out there average 100 or over, so you're doing pretty good.

I know, but when you aren't getting on the green in regulation, means you are putting for pars or worse. That is my biggest problem, wasted strokes (haha) from the fairway.

scaldeddawg
6/20/2006, 09:05 AM
The driver is the devil club. See evidence of Phil Mickelson. It is such a hard club to hit because it basically has a flat face and gianormous head. Could go left or right or straight depending on the minute differences in your swing when you hit it.

When I played, it stayed in the bag. I usually teed of with a 3 wood or long iron. Every shot, when I addressed the ball, I always had to say to myself, "head down, swing smooth, don't look up", else it was usually a crap shot.

oumartin
6/20/2006, 09:07 AM
just golf with a seven iron, pw, and putter and you'll shoot a better score.

crawfish
6/20/2006, 09:10 AM
My golf score today. I honestly think that golf may be the spawn of the devil. Seriously. Why is it so hard to put it all together?

I started playing golf "more seriously" about 6-7 years ago. When I first started, I sucked at everything, 'cept maybe putting, I was decent. Then I got to where I could hit my long irons pretty good. Then for a while, maybe one summer, or a couple of months, I was money with a 6 iron or higher. When I say money, I mean frickin' money. At the time though, I tee'd off with a 3-iron, and couldn't chip to save my life.

Fast forward to 2003 probably. My dad bought a King Cobra driver, and I borrowed it at the range. All the sudden, I was hitting bombs with that club. Straight, long, BOMBS. So I get to the course and I have the monster drives, but now I can't hit an iron to save my life. Still can't chip, but I putt pretty well.

Sometime late in 2004, or early 2005, I stopped being able to hit the driver straight, got a nasty slice. Irons got a little better, but not great, no chipping, decent putting.

Now you know what my game is? Drives are all over the place. Can't hit an iron to save my life. I chip like frickin' Phil Mickelson (having to chip for 6-7 years almost constantly has finally paid off I guess), and I putt pretty well most of the time.

I JUST WANT TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER BIOTCHES!!!!!

HA! I shot a 93!

Didn't do quite so well on the back 9, tho.

picasso
6/20/2006, 09:17 AM
when you get to a certain point, the way to get further and stay there is to eliminate the chili dips and hitting into the hazards. get rid of the extra wasted strokes and you can still play lousy, hit it all over the place and still shoot 82.

oh and cheat, like a big cheater person.