PDA

View Full Version : I used to think...

mdklatt
6/19/2006, 05:40 PM
...that half the people in the world were below average. Upon further review I think that number is closer to 70%.

:twinkies:

TexasLidig8r
6/19/2006, 05:47 PM
So, if 70% of the people are below average, is there really an "average?" For if a person is "average" that would mean they fall within a statistical 50% range. If 70% are below that range, then the previous standard is no longer average, but heightened.

mdklatt
6/19/2006, 05:47 PM
So, if 70% of the people are below average, is there really an "average?" For if a person is "average" that would mean they fall within a statistical 50% range. If 70% are below that range, then the previous standard is no longer average, but heightened.

See what I mean? :D

crawfish
6/19/2006, 05:48 PM

I'm bringing the average up.

Sorry. :O

SoonerInKCMO
6/19/2006, 05:52 PM

You're confusing median with mean (average). Guess you're one of the below average ones. :texan:

BeetDigger
6/19/2006, 06:02 PM
I'd rate this thread as average.

TexasLidig8r
6/19/2006, 06:04 PM
See what I mean? :D

Howzit's Hef thread got the reverse blood flow to the other head negative impact working... from a statistical average point of view. ;)

BeetDigger
6/19/2006, 06:04 PM
Howzit's Hef thread got the reverse blood flow to the other head negative impact working... from a statistical average point of view. ;)

TMI...