PDA

View Full Version : any Grappa drinkers?

picasso
6/19/2006, 10:33 AM
tried a new one last night.

http://www.inga.it/grappas.html

I must admit I'm an amatuer right now. I have to have a few swigs of beer first.
I am however willing to learn.

Hamhock
6/19/2006, 10:38 AM
once. only once.

picasso
6/19/2006, 10:53 AM
and for the reocrd I didn't get sloshy.
I've become a casual drinker. which amazes me.

Howzit
6/19/2006, 10:57 AM
That stuff is nasty. Nas. Ty.

My SIL used to live in Italy and brought us a bottle several years ago. It had a pear inside the bottle that had been sealed at the bottom with wax or something. After a while the grappa ate through the sealant and leaked out the bottom.

picasso
6/19/2006, 10:59 AM
That stuff is nasty. Nas. Ty.

My SIL used to live in Italy and brought us a bottle several years ago. It had a pear inside the bottle that had been sealed at the bottom with wax or something. After a while the grappa ate through the sealant and leaked out the bottom.
whuss = part whimp, part puss.

Hamhock
6/19/2006, 11:07 AM
there is a place in tulsa makes their own. they bring in the big 'ole jar and ladle it right into your glass.

once. only once.

Howzit
6/19/2006, 11:09 AM
whuss = part whimp, part puss.

If you're going to take up drinking grappa regularly maybe it's time to buy one of your paintings - they may be going up in value soon...

;)

picasso
6/19/2006, 11:11 AM
If you're going to take up drinking grappa regularly maybe it's time to buy one of your paintings - they may be going up in value soon...

;)
haha. naww man. those days are long gone.
the most I've had was 3 shots. and that was a good night here when it was snowing and I had some Pacifico and a cigar to filter the pain.:D

Stoop Dawg
6/19/2006, 01:07 PM
We bought some Chocolat Grappa in Italy that is good. The "plain" grappa is, uh, difficult to drink. It's made from the left-overs at the bottom of the wine barrel, you know. I question anything that is a by-product of something else.

lefty
6/19/2006, 01:09 PM
About 30 years ago a friend and I managed to drink a whole bottle, among other things, one night. I've never had it again. Just seeing the name in writing makes me a bit sick.

goodonya
6/19/2006, 01:10 PM
What lefty said. It left a mark.

picasso
6/19/2006, 01:27 PM
We bought some Chocolat Grappa in Italy that is good. The "plain" grappa is, uh, difficult to drink. It's made from the left-overs at the bottom of the wine barrel, you know. I question anything that is a by-product of something else.
yeah I know. read the link I posted. this brand is made from more savory type leftovers.
it's stout stuff but so is any kind of spirit.

ya weenies.

Stoop Dawg
6/19/2006, 01:54 PM
Speaking of "stout", how do people drink lighter fluid (aka "Cognac") as an after-dinner drink? Yeck.

picasso
6/19/2006, 02:02 PM
Speaking of "stout", how do people drink lighter fluid (aka "Cognac") as an after-dinner drink? Yeck.
I've never tried that but have often wondered.
I like the stout stuff but in small doses. must be why I prefer Grappa over Scotch. I'd rather snort a quick shot than sip on a glass of Windage on the rocks.

arenateam
6/20/2006, 02:40 PM
haha.