PDA

View Full Version : I guess we don't get Patterson this year

BOONE -r- SOONER
6/19/2006, 09:56 AM
after all. According to Hale, he doesn't think Chris will make it until January.:mad:

Widescreen
6/19/2006, 11:09 AM
Lett's hoape Haele is wroung abut thiss.

BASSooner
6/19/2006, 11:45 AM
ill put it this way...yes he is wrong. Patterson will be here when the season starts..

perculator
6/19/2006, 12:35 PM
bassooner, what are you basing this on?

JaminT
6/19/2006, 01:53 PM
ill put it this way...yes he is wrong. Patterson will be here when the season starts..

Well, Since you put it THAT way....:rolleyes:

soonerhubs
6/19/2006, 02:01 PM
I'm open to hear how you know this. I don't doubt you, I just like sources.

MiccoMacey
6/19/2006, 02:06 PM
BASSooner = Chris Patterson ;)

BASSooner
6/19/2006, 03:11 PM
bassooner, what are you basing this on?
confidence

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/19/2006, 03:22 PM
while i doubt he finishes his degree, what they are saying on insider is a bunch of carp. classes do not have to matchup to be credited at OU. if he has an associates degree from an oklahoma school, OU is required to waive his general ed requirements period. of course, OU might pull the sneaky crap that pokey state started by lowering the gen ed stuff to 30 hours, but i didn't think we had done that.

OUDoc
6/19/2006, 03:30 PM
BASSooner = Chris Patterson ;)
Nuh-uh. I'm Peterman. ;)

JohnnyMack
6/19/2006, 03:47 PM
Anyone have anything concrete on this or are we all still talking out of our collective as*es?

OUDoc
6/19/2006, 04:26 PM
Anyone have anything concrete on this or are we all still talking out of our collective as*es?
I'm pretty sure I'm full of sh!t.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/19/2006, 04:34 PM

http://www.moviesection.de/v3/img/datenbank/1067692015ace1.jpg

maybe...

MamaMia
6/19/2006, 04:55 PM
confidence
...or wishful thinking? :)

The Consumate Showman
6/19/2006, 06:01 PM
Hale seems to go with what most of the mainstream rumors are at the time. A few months ago, like in Feb.-Apr., most people were thinking Patterson might not make it, but now reports are starting to come out that it looks like he will make it for this fall. Let's hope so....

picasso
6/19/2006, 09:22 PM
it seems that any player the recruiting guys have a man-crush on never pans out. so, I'm not holding my breath on this one.

RedstickSooner
6/20/2006, 10:39 AM
it seems that any player the recruiting guys have a man-crush on never pans out. so, I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Well... 'Cept for our running back, anyhow.

Beef
6/20/2006, 10:52 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm full of sh!t.
Can't you prescribe yourself something for that, Doc?

OUDoc
6/20/2006, 11:11 AM
Can't you prescribe yourself something for that, Doc?
http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/bathdumb.jpg

The Consumate Showman
6/20/2006, 11:12 AM
I love that movie.

Tear Down This Wall
6/20/2006, 01:53 PM
Why is everyone in here so torqued up about Patterson anyway? We've got more linebackers than we can shake a stick at. If the kid can't pass junior college level classes, we don't need him.

If you ask me, this kid is Chijioke Onyenegecha, Jr. - a legend with nothing to back up the legend. Only the most pitiful up high school recruiting geeks even care at this point. Dude will end up at some Division I-AA or Division II school. Who cares, let it go.

picasso
6/20/2006, 02:00 PM
Well... 'Cept for our running back, anyhow.
I was speaking more along the lines of our JUCO recruits. :)

Boston Sooner
6/23/2006, 12:01 AM
The issue is that OU doesn't accept as credit hours classes taken in one's major that aren't college level courses. In other words, he took 2 (I think) classes to get himself up to speed so that he could then take college level courses.

From what I've heard, his advisors at NEO, who had to have known his plan to transfer to OU, never told him that he would need to take a couple of additional classes to make up for these 1 or 2. He clearly could have taken them this summer if he had known b/c he only took 1 english class. But neither the NEO people nor the OU people caught it in time so now, he's got a couple of options.

Illinois is VERY interested in him and Big 10 schools allow these classes to count, so he could go there if he wants to. Or, he could go to NEO during the fall and finish up, and then transfer to OU in the spring. If he did the latter, he would have several months to put on much needed muscle and weight, as well as learn the defense, and be ready to take over for one of our graduating starters for the 2007 season.

And for those who think he's nothing special, just look at his stats on the NEO site. This guy has been an unreal football player at the HS level (starred in the Army AA game), and has continued his amazing play at the college level. With better coaching, conditioning, and everything else OU would have to offer him, there is every reason to think that he would continue the incredible defensive play that he's shown as a HS and Juco stud. JMO

The Consumate Showman
6/23/2006, 06:07 PM
^

Or he could take a mini-mester, 7 day class for credit. It's grueling, but it's one way. There are also classes via the internet you can take at other Universities across the country. I did both in high school and college.