PDA

View Full Version : System is STILL down

Cack
6/19/2006, 09:49 AM
so Friday about lunch time our computer system COMPLETELY crashed ... we got sent home at 3 and was told that they were working on it and it would be up today ... so i come in this morning ... and it's still down and they're having to order a part ... and that it MIGHT be up by tomorrow ... i don't know if i should be happy or not ... cause one it comes up it's going to be HELL to get caught back up

slickdawg
6/19/2006, 09:50 AM
That means more time for soonerfans! heh.

Osce0la
6/19/2006, 09:51 AM
so Friday about lunch time our computer system COMPLETELY crashed ... we got sent home at 3 and was told that they were working on it and it would be up today ... so i come in this morning ... and it's still down and they're having to order a part ... and that it MIGHT be up by tomorrow ... i don't know if i should be happy or not ... cause one it comes up it's going to be HELL to get caught back up
Maybe if people would get off of South Carolina message boards at work you wouldn't have these problems. Seriously...

Osce0la
6/19/2006, 09:51 AM
That means more time for soonerfans! heh.
you say that like it's a good thing...:rolleyes:

referring to the originator of this post, not the site...

Cack
6/19/2006, 10:04 AM
haha i hear ya guys ... too bad my damn phone isn't messed up ... i bet i've taken at least 30 calls this morning ... as soon as i hang up ... it rings again :mad:

Osce0la
6/19/2006, 10:10 AM
haha i hear ya guys ... too bad my damn phone isn't messed up ... i bet i've taken at least 30 calls this morning ... as soon as i hang up ... it rings again :mad:
If it makes you feel any better I've only had 1 call this morning to verify our mailing address so they could send us our check.

Cack
6/19/2006, 10:19 AM
If it makes you feel any better I've only had 1 call this morning to verify our mailing address so they could send us our check.

haha you suck man ... i went through a period a few mins ago of no less then 7 calls in a row ... i literally didn't even take my hand off the phone before it would ring again

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/19/2006, 10:43 AM
the system is down (http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail45.html)

Osce0la
6/19/2006, 10:46 AM
haha you suck man ... i went through a period a few mins ago of no less then 7 calls in a row ... i literally didn't even take my hand off the phone before it would ring again
The job I had a couple of years ago was like that all day every day. We had to provide copies of transactions and stuff for customers, and if someone needed to put something on urgent status they'd have to call us (or if someone never received their stuff, had problems with it - they'd call us). It was a normal everyday thing for us to hang up and the phone ring again...We normally had calls waiting while we were on the phone with someone.

Norm In Norman
6/19/2006, 10:49 AM
Great. Now I have that song in my head.

Cack
6/19/2006, 10:55 AM
The job I had a couple of years ago was like that all day every day. We had to provide copies of transactions and stuff for customers, and if someone needed to put something on urgent status they'd have to call us (or if someone never received their stuff, had problems with it - they'd call us). It was a normal everyday thing for us to hang up and the phone ring again...We normally had calls waiting while we were on the phone with someone.

that's how it was ... i have a light on my phone that let me know i had a call waiting ... so i would hang up and go "ring ring" ... and it'd ring and everyone would laugh ... by the way i didn't think it was a damn bit of funny

Osce0la
6/19/2006, 11:16 AM
that's how it was ... i have a light on my phone that let me know i had a call waiting ... so i would hang up and go "ring ring" ... and it'd ring and everyone would laugh ... by the way i didn't think it was a damn bit of funny
I'd laugh at you too if you'd hang up the phone and then say "ring ring"

Cack
6/19/2006, 11:27 AM
I'd laugh at you too if you'd hang up the phone and then say "ring ring"

haha they laugh because it actually does ring ... i think ... or maybe they are laughin at me :confused:

Osce0la
6/19/2006, 11:38 AM
haha they laugh because it actually does ring ... i think ... or maybe they are laughin at me :confused:
go with the latter...ywia

GottaHavePride
6/19/2006, 12:11 PM

I thought of that when I saw the thread title.

RacerX
6/19/2006, 01:07 PM
Worthless IT people.

Cack
6/19/2006, 02:16 PM
/\ haha i hear ya ... i don't know ... i'm kinda gettin used to this doing nothing gig