PDA

View Full Version : Longhorns' Gibson says he'll enter NBA draft

colleyvillesooner
6/19/2006, 08:51 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2006/news/story?id=2489576

Longhorns' Gibson says he'll enter NBA draftAssociated Press

HOUSTON -- Texas guard Daniel Gibson said he will leave the Longhorns after two seasons to enter the NBA draft.

"I've decided I am going to pursue my dream and go after trying to make an NBA roster," Gibson told KRIV-TV on Saturday.

Gibson had already submitted his name for the draft but had not signed with an agent. Sunday is the last day for him to withdraw.

"I sat down with my family," he said. "It's something we talked about numerous times. We came to the decision that this is what we want to do."

Gibson's departure will leave the Longhorns without a returning starter from last season's team that won a school record 30 games and reached the Atlanta Regional final in the NCAA Tournament.

Seniors Kenton Paulino and Brad Buckman expired their eligibility and underclassmen LaMarcus Aldridge, Gibson and P.J. Tucker, the Big 12 player of the year, entered the NBA draft. Gibson averaged averaged 13.4 points per game in his sophomore season with the Longhorns.

Telephone messages left for a Texas athletic department spokesman were not immediately returned Saturday night.

Herr Scholz
6/19/2006, 10:27 AM
Including Mike Williams transferring, we're losing 6 of our top 7 players from last season (all 5 starters). The only contributor back is 5'10" AJ Abrams.

GDC
6/19/2006, 10:55 AM
I guess the boosters don't give the basketball boys as much $, weed, plasma tvs, and Escalades as the football boys.

Herr Scholz
6/19/2006, 11:06 AM
Don't worry, we bought some good new players, Durant, James and Augustin to be specific.

crawfish
6/19/2006, 01:14 PM
Don't worry, we bought some good new players, Durant, <unmentionable bastard> and Augustin to be specific.

Who?

william_brasky
6/20/2006, 02:01 AM
The only contributor back is 5'10" AJ Abrams.

:eek:

stoopified
6/20/2006, 09:45 AM
:eek:
byebye Gibby.

King Crimson
6/21/2006, 02:36 PM
don't give Connor Atchley short schrift....he avg. 8 minutes a game last year.

Gibson=making mistake.

Herr Scholz
6/21/2006, 02:42 PM
don't give Connor Atchley short schrift....he avg. 8 minutes a game last year.

Gibson=making mistake.
Atchley sucks out loud. He's a skinny 6'9" 2-guard who can't rebound. Pretty sure he's not going to take any minutes from our two new wing guys James and Durant. He's sure as heck not playing in the post.

Gibson would've come back to improve his point guard skills to up his draft status, only he would've played the off guard again because we have Abrams and Augustin. He won't be missed near as much as Tucker or Aldridge. He disappeared too often.

King Crimson
6/21/2006, 02:46 PM
Atchley sucks out loud. He's a skinny 6'9" 2-guard who can't rebound. Pretty sure he's not going to take any minutes from our two new wing guys James and Durant. He's sure as heck not playing in the post.

Gibson would've come back to improve his point guard skills to up his draft status, only he would've played the off guard again because we have Abrams and Augustin. He won't be missed near as much as Tucker or Aldridge. He disappeared too often.

gibson impressed me more as a freshman than last year....but you guys weren't as good that year as last. can't really count Aldridge as a loss he was a diminishing return the minute he set foot on campus....but he was the "man" last year, a turnaround j like that at 6' 10" is almost impossible to guard.

jccouger
6/22/2006, 02:25 PM
Is he the one with the big penis that flopped out during a game on a last secound shot against A&M?