PDA

View Full Version : I'm pretty sure I offended a group yesterday.

sanantoniosooner
6/19/2006, 08:33 AM
They were yacking about Ghana's soccer team and I said that I really didn't care about losing American jobs, but all the soccer talk was what really irritated me about the immigration problem.

I guess it was just funny to me.

MamaMia
6/19/2006, 08:36 AM
They were yacking about Ghana's soccer team and I said that I really didn't care about losing American jobs, but all the soccer talk was what really irritated me about the immigration problem.

I guess it was just funny to me.
Did you say this at church? :P

Osce0la
6/19/2006, 09:18 AM
Did you say this at church? :P
This really does explain a lot...

VeeJay
6/19/2006, 09:23 AM
I was in a hotel lobby (Shearton Bal Harbour) in Miami yesterday - Mrs. VJ was checking out a place for her Mom's upcomng 70th b'day.

There was a big open bar area near the lobby. All was genteel, and peaceful; I had sat in one of the plush seats in the waiting area. Just as I had closed my eyes to relax for a moment, there was a loud eruption of shouting and clapping. From the bar area.

I have no clue who was playing. But I was p.o.'ed that my early Sunday afternoon pseudo-siesta was interrupted by displaced soccer fans from parts unknown.

BeetDigger
6/19/2006, 09:25 AM
There was a big open bar area near the lobby. All was genteel, and peaceful; I had sat in one of the plush seats in the waiting area. Just as I had closed my eyes to relax for a moment, there was a loud eruption of shouting and clapping. From the bar area.

I have no clue who was playing. But I was p.o.'ed that my early Sunday afternoon pseudo-siesta was interrupted by displaced soccer fans from parts unknown.

I am guessing that one of the teams almost scored a goal. :D

picasso
6/19/2006, 09:28 AM
I watched some of the Aussie/Brazil match yesterday. it's fun to watch when the teams are really really good. that is if you understand the game.

if you're a dumb dork redneck that wants more goals then carry on.;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/19/2006, 10:27 AM

I guess it was just funny to me.My guess is that they just didn't know WTF you were talking about.

VeeJay
6/19/2006, 11:17 AM
I watched some of the Aussie/Brazil match yesterday. it's fun to watch when the teams are really really good. that is if you understand the game.

This is why we dumb dork rednecks like NASCAR more than soccer. When something truly exciting happens, it usually involves carnage, flaming wreckage, or pit crews in multi-colored fire resistant jumpsuits throwing punches. ;)

GottaHavePride
6/19/2006, 12:03 PM

That was a pretty good game.

Stoop Dawg
6/19/2006, 01:04 PM

As exciting as the USA/Italy match? That match was nearly as exciting as OU football (regular season, let's not get carried away here).