PDA

View Full Version : MY New Improved Reasons For Hating Texass

SoonerBorn68
6/18/2006, 11:57 PM
Other than the annual meeting in Dallas, the arrogance, and the gay hand sign, here's the new improved list from my perspective:

The Panhandle

1. God must have got tired on the 6th day and quit early. Sage brush, mesquite bushes, sand, and rocks. That's it.

2. Why don't you put some little towns in between the 40 mile drives to, well, other little towns. Something man made, other than windmills.

3. Stop calling me "hon". I have a name, it's none of your business, but geez, that tip's getting smaller every time you say it.

4. Pronghorns. Hooved rats. Everywhere. My insurance is gonna go way up before this sentence in the panhandle is over.

5. Rattle snakes. Ain't skeered of them, I just don't want to get bitten 40 miles away from the nearest hospital.

6. The lone star flag. Like the pronghorns, they're everywhere. Hey Jethro, that flag is suppose to fly under the Stars and Stripes...and they got one flying on every friggin' rig out here. I just love having a beautiful sunrise ruined by that flapping piece of toilet paper.

7. Dry counties/beer selling hours. No beer sales from 12am-7am. The last two times I've driven home it's been in the wee hours of the morning...Buying tejas beer is one of the few joys I have out here. Oh, and the next wet county is 40 miles away.

8. Feed lots. 50,000 animals that stink for miles. Nothing like being down wind of one on a 20 day job. The one in Wheeler will make you gag.

9. FM/County Roads. Random numbered roads that wind to nowhere...and gravel to boot. Oklahoma roads may suck, but they're a mile apart and they go north/south or east/west...not some yellow brick road to hell.

10. THP. Nice hat Roscoe. Everyone of 'em have those mirrored sunglasses that make them look like the "man with no eyes" from Cool Hand Luke. You have a nice day, f'er!

dolemitesooner
6/19/2006, 12:09 AM
PIMPIN TEXASS AINT EASY

soonerhubs
6/19/2006, 12:14 AM
9. FM/County Roads. Random numbered roads that wind to nowhere...and gravel to boot. Oklahoma roads may suck, but they're a mile apart and they go north/south or east/west...not some yellow brick road to hell.

You've obviously never driven on Moonshine road, The Indian Road, or Highway 10-a.

Not yellow, but just as crazy and useless.

Mongo
6/19/2006, 12:15 AM
I take offense to your post. The Llano estacado is a wonderful place to live/work/vacation. I grew up in west texas and just south of the Edwards platuea(sp), and your racist and bigoted remarks deminish do nothing but hurt the homely, God-fearing people of the staked plains.:mad:

Really dude, I feal sorry for you:D

BajaOklahoma
6/19/2006, 01:07 AM
The people in Texas have no clue if the red or the white part of the flag goes on top. I have seen many of them upside down. :)
For fun, tell them their flag is upside down and see how fast they move to "fix" it.

And, FYI, the white goes on top.

olevetonahill
6/19/2006, 01:11 AM
I take offense to your post. The Llano estacado is a wonderful place to live/work/vacation. I grew up in west texas and just south of the Edwards platuea(sp), and your racist and bigoted remarks deminish do nothing but hurt the homely, God-fearing people of the staked plains.:mad:

Really dude, I feal sorry for you:D

That musta sucked the big 1

Mongo
6/19/2006, 01:14 AM
Snyder, Texass= God's dingleberries. I have family scattered over the panhandle, and all of it sucks, except hunting.

SoonerBorn68
6/19/2006, 01:24 AM
Yeah Mongo & if you do it right (with the truck) you don't need a license. :D

SoonerBorn68
6/19/2006, 01:28 AM
...and your racist and bigoted remarks deminish do nothing but hurt the homely, God-fearing people of the staked plains.:mad:

I didn't say anything about the Messicans. ;) :D

Our company is thinking about making flash cards so we can communicate with the rig hands. I was at the meeting where the idea came from and it was submitted as a joke.

Better idea, I point, use hand signals, they do what needs to be done. Either that or habla English.

Hook 'em

Hook 'em

Hook 'em

Mongo
6/19/2006, 01:31 AM
My families' vehicles offed many a mule and white tails, but not any antelopes. So did you get that sumbitch stuffed and placed on your wall?

SoonerBorn68
6/19/2006, 01:46 AM
No. sumbitch went under the front right tire & then limped off. :mad:

SoonerBorn68
6/19/2006, 01:47 AM
A big frickin' cattle gaurd & a row of off road lights will be job 1 when I get back.

SicEmBaylor
6/19/2006, 01:51 AM
I've always been conflicted...

At Baylor games they always play the Texas state song and EVERYONE stands up for it and does the salute to the Texas flag. I'm not from Texas; I don't want to be a Texan; so, I remain seated during that time.

I used to feel like a damned traitor everytime we played OU/OSU and they'd strike up OKLAHOMA. It brought some moisture to my eye and I kept thinking ,"my God I belong over there with those hillbillies!"

SoonerBorn68
6/19/2006, 01:59 AM
You guys hear "Boomer Sooner" enough to be Sooner fans. :D

Damn I'm in a spiteful mood tonight.

BajaOklahoma
6/19/2006, 01:59 AM
Sic'Em, I feel your pain.
Everyday we have the pledge to the Tejas flag (what a stupid pledge). We alternate songs, so I only have to sign Tejas, Our Tejas weekly - which is way too often.

jk the sooner fan
6/19/2006, 06:44 AM
a waitress calls you "hon" and you're offended?

me thinks you're just naturally grouchy....

OU4LIFE
6/19/2006, 07:21 AM
The people in Texas have no clue if the red or the white part of the flag goes on top. I have seen many of them upside down. :)
For fun, tell them their flag is upside down and see how fast they move to "fix" it.

And, FYI, the white goes on top.

Yeah, I didn't know that either....and I didn't care. ;)

and JK, stop trying run off 68 now.

jk the sooner fan
6/19/2006, 07:40 AM
damn you're on to me

OU4LIFE
6/19/2006, 07:52 AM
I know, I'm perceptive like that.

GDC
6/19/2006, 07:55 AM
a waitress calls you "hon" and you're offended?

me thinks you're just naturally grouchy....

Hah! jk calling someone else grouchy is on par with me calling someone else grouchy.

jk the sooner fan
6/19/2006, 08:00 AM
oh no doubt i can be grouchy.......but generally not when somebody calls me "hon"

1stTimeCaller
6/19/2006, 08:04 AM
I was just about to say that in my experience JK responds well to being called 'suger-britches'.

MamaMia
6/19/2006, 08:45 AM
Whereas I appreciate your new reasons for hating texas, I feel that anyone would be hard pressed to improve upon the "longhorn factor' type of hate.

TexasLidig8r
6/19/2006, 08:51 AM
68.. here's a novel idea.. if you hate it so much.. QUIT.. and go home to Oklahoma. That way, you don't have to whine about all of us obnoxious Texans and you can be happy all the time!

For the record, most of the Panhandle does inhale with great force and furious anger.

sooner_born_1960
6/19/2006, 08:56 AM
Whereas I appreciate your new reasons for hating texas, I feel that anyone would be hard pressed to improve upon the "longhorn factor' type of hate.
For you, me and gdc, that's enough.

MamaMia
6/19/2006, 09:17 AM
68.. here's a novel idea.. if you hate it so much.. QUIT.. and go home to Oklahoma. That way, you don't have to whine about all of us obnoxious Texans and you can be happy all the time!

For the record, most of the Panhandle does inhale with great force and furious anger.
I rest my case. :cool:

GDC
6/19/2006, 09:52 AM
Just to set the record straight, I do not hate the state of Texas, or most of its fine citizens. I do abhor with every fiber of my body and soul the university of Texas, its supporters, and teams.

slickdawg
6/19/2006, 09:53 AM
Just to set the record straight, I do not hate the state of Texas, or most of its fine citizens. I do abhor with every fiber of my body and soul the university of Texas, its supporters, and teams.

I like the way you think.

Hook 'em

SoonerBorn68
6/19/2006, 10:21 AM

Oh, I don't hate the job or North Tejas so much, but the vast emptiness that is the panhandle is beginning to wear on me. The natives here aren't obnoxious...they hate ya'll big city folks.

SoonerBorn68
6/19/2006, 10:23 AM
oh no doubt i can be grouchy.......but generally not when somebody calls me "hon"

...but when she's built like a linebacker and shaves more often that you do...

IB4OU2
6/19/2006, 10:29 AM
...but when she's built like a linebacker and shaves more often that you do...

Another ex longwhorn cheerleader?.......

Herr Scholz
6/19/2006, 10:38 AM
Oh, I don't hate the job or North Tejas so much, but the vast emptiness that is the panhandle is beginning to wear on me.
I think you answered your own question. And it's not just the panhandle that sucks, it's West Texas in general. I'm from Midland BTW so I know whereof I speak.

soonernation
6/19/2006, 10:47 AM
I think you answered your own question. And it's not just the panhandle that sucks, it's West Texas in general. I'm from Midland BTW so I know whereof I speak.

I've lived in Midland for the past 20 years and it's a ton better than the homo cesspool you call Austin.

Herr Scholz
6/19/2006, 10:53 AM
I've lived in Midland for the past 20 years and it's a ton better than the homo cesspool you call Austin.
I will agree that it gets more sandstorms and if that's your thing, enjoy. Because you must not like entertainment or restaurants or trees or water.

jk the sooner fan
6/19/2006, 10:58 AM
i'll never forget my trip to the mcdonalds in Monahans, Tx

i was stationed at Fort Sill, and was enroute to White Sands Missile Range in a 15 pax van with 10 other soldiers......we stop there for lunch, walking into mcdonalds in our uniforms....you'd think it was the west texas version of the "red dawn" invasion by the looks we got

some "gentleman" followed me into the restroom, conversation went something like this:

west texas person: "you in the armeee?"

me: "yes sir, i am indeed"

west texas person: "you ever kilt anybody?"

me: "sadly to say, no i havent"

west texas person: "well what is it you do all day?"

me (shaking my head at the thought that i should be spending my entire day killing people): "well sir, i do my job"

west texas person: "what job do you have?"

me (knowing there was no winning this conversation): "we practice killing people of course!"

he smiled.....

GDC
6/19/2006, 10:59 AM
I really like parts of west Texas and New Mexico, especially the Big Bend and the Guadalupes.

jk the sooner fan
6/19/2006, 11:01 AM
eastern new mexico is one of the prettiest areas i've ever traveled thru

Herr Scholz
6/19/2006, 11:05 AM
I really like parts of west Texas and New Mexico, especially the Big Bend and the Guadelupes.
Yeah, that part of SW Texas is nice. I was more referring to the Midland/Odessa/Snyder/Seminole/Lubbock/Plainview areas.

SoonerBorn68
6/19/2006, 11:15 AM
I guess I'm speaking of the imfamous Tejas triangle: Wheeler/Canadian/Pampa

The mesas are pretty cool. We're surrounded by them on this job, but after going, "dang, that's beautiful", you realize all it does is take your cell phone reception to zero.

I had a short job over in Arkansas earlier this month. It was no nice to see trees, green grass, water, & little towns about every 5 miles.