PDA

View Full Version : To: All you Dads / From: My home to yours

MamaMia
6/18/2006, 10:25 AM
Happy Fathers Day! :)

http://www2.postcards.org/postcards/pix/0170/017041x.gif

GDC
6/18/2006, 01:44 PM
My dad beat cancer this year so this father's day is sweeter than usual.

VeeJay
6/18/2006, 02:18 PM
Thanks, Mom.

While I'm taking in the "Happy Father's Day" wishes today, something hit home earlier. My wife and two daughters took me to breakfast this morning. Lots of dads out in restaurants today with their families.

Another family, like mine, with two daughters, sat at the table next to mine. The father, I noticed had on a hat and was moving very slowly. Probably my age, mid-40's. When he took off his hat, he was bald. I wasn't staring or anything but I did notice.

I don't know this but guessed the man had been or is going through some sickness, probably with cancer. When we left, I told him he had a beautiful family and Happy Fathers Day.

Made me realize how fortunate we dads are to have families, and how fortunate we still are to have our own fathers.

That's all.

Happy Fathers Day to everyone here, too.

Melo
6/18/2006, 02:33 PM
Happy Fathers day, all you dads! I hope you enjoyed your day!

My dad told us he didnt want anything, and I couldnt get another day off of work, but I did wake up in enough time to make him a huge thing of chocolate covered pretzyls before I had to get ready for work. :D

ChickSoonerFan
6/18/2006, 02:41 PM
HAPPY FATHER's DAY

to all the dad's, to the:

husband dads
single dads
step dads
stand in dads
adopted dads

HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD ONE!!!!!

Everyone call their Dad and wish him a happy day if you can't be with him.

SoonerBorn68
6/18/2006, 02:45 PM
My wife and kids called me today...lots of static but it was good to hear their voices. It reminds me why I do this job.

Hopefully I'll be back in a few days & we can enjoy a combo Happy Mother's Day/Father's Day/Daddy's Birthday/Momma's Birthday celebration. Damn I've missed a lot this year.

Thanks for the well wishes and I hope all the Dads out there get to enjoy their families today.

Newbomb Turk
6/18/2006, 02:59 PM
Good story VeeJay.

Happy Fathers Day to all.

BajaOklahoma
6/18/2006, 03:04 PM
Happy Father's Day to all of the dads on here and all of the dads of our posters (they raised you right).
And if you have lost your dad, pull out a memory that makes you smile. My stepfather was a good man and I have many years of good memories.

BeetDigger
6/18/2006, 03:19 PM
I love this day. I got my day a week early due to travel by the wife and kids, but Dad's day is great. To hear your kids say "Happy Fathers day, Dad" is the sweetest thing in the world.

And like GDC, my dad beat cancer this past year (leukemia), so it was nice to call him today.

lefty
6/18/2006, 03:32 PM
Yeah, being a Dad is pretty cool. My father left in 1996. Nevertheless we talked today.

MamaMia
6/18/2006, 05:09 PM
My dad beat cancer this year so this father's day is sweeter than usual.My dad beat cancer as well. :)

Thanks, Mom.
Another family, like mine, with two daughters, sat at the table next to mine. The father, I noticed had on a hat and was moving very slowly. Probably my age, mid-40's. When he took off his hat, he was bald. I wasn't staring or anything but I did notice.

I don't know this but guessed the man had been or is going through some sickness, probably with cancer. When we left, I told him he had a beautiful family and Happy Fathers Day.Thats was so nice of you. God bless you VeeJay, and I said a prayer for that dad in the restaurant.

My dad told us he didnt want anything, and I couldnt get another day off of work, but I did wake up in enough time to make him a huge thing of chocolate covered pretzyls before I had to get ready for work. :DMelo, you are so sweet to have done that for your dad. Those kind of gifts are the best. Your father is blessed to have you. :)

Everyone call their Dad and wish him a happy day if you can't be with him.Thats a great idea. My father is in Florida. I sent him a Julian Pie and called. Along with you all, Daddy was a great comfort to me when Punky passed away. He reminded me of some special memories and said all the right things. Dads are so special.

My wife and kids called me today...lots of static but it was good to hear their voices. It reminds me why I do this job.

Hopefully I'll be back in a few days & we can enjoy a combo Happy Mother's Day/Father's Day/Daddy's Birthday/Momma's Birthday celebration. Damn I've missed a lot this year.

Thanks for the well wishes and I hope all the Dads out there get to enjoy their families today. I pray that you will come home safe and sound.

Happy Father's Day to all of the dads on here and all of the dads of our posters (they raised you right).
And if you have lost your dad, pull out a memory that makes you smile. My stepfather was a good man and I have many years of good memories.Stepfathers can be a great blessing. I know several who are awesome. :)

I love this day. I got my day a week early due to travel by the wife and kids, but Dad's day is great. To hear your kids say "Happy Fathers day, Dad" is the sweetest thing in the world.

And like GDC, my dad beat cancer this past year (leukemia), so it was nice to call him today.It was so nice to be able to hear my Dads voice today. I cherish every day that hes on this earth so I can speak to him.

Sooner_Bob
6/18/2006, 05:23 PM
You people are gettin' all mushy . . . but that's cool. :D

Happy Dad's Day to all of you who've been blessed with kiddos and with great fathers.

Like I told my wife on mother's day . . . when you've got a loving family everyday is mother's (father's) day.