PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Coaches and Stadiums

Cheerin' 4 OU
6/18/2006, 08:31 AM
Browsing through my morning reads of sports columns from around the country, I found this little gem and just had to post it.

http://southerncollegesports.com/fb_06_david_061606.html

How on earth did Bob Stoops not get listed in the top 10 coaches and since when did A&M's field only hold 80k?

Flagstaffsooner
6/18/2006, 08:32 AM
Link?

Cheerin' 4 OU
6/18/2006, 08:33 AM
Link?

There it is. Sorry about that.

Flagstaffsooner
6/18/2006, 08:48 AM
Now I wish you didn't post that. The AARP boys as the best coaches?

Well let me just bend over and rip an unholy fart.

King Crimson
6/18/2006, 08:50 AM
Larry Coker?

Flagstaffsooner
6/18/2006, 08:55 AM
Larry Coker?He's in there with Tressel as "Coaches of Scum".

85sooners
6/18/2006, 09:25 AM
tressel is a dickweed

oumartin
6/18/2006, 09:59 AM
its just some stupid opinion.. don't sweat it.

mojohornfan
6/18/2006, 10:42 AM
http://www.cfbinsider.blogspot.com/

Here's the poll I think you guys may like a LITTLE bit more! (scroll down to the "leading men")

tulsaoilerfan
6/18/2006, 11:12 AM
http://www.cfbinsider.blogspot.com/

Here's the poll I think you guys may like a LITTLE bit more! (scroll down to the "leading men")
Mack rated ahead of Bob???? Yeah, let's see how good of a coach he is this year without VY:mad:

tulsaoilerfan
6/18/2006, 11:13 AM
Browsing through my morning reads of sports columns from around the country, I found this little gem and just had to post it.

http://southerncollegesports.com/fb_06_david_061606.html

How on earth did Bob Stoops not get listed in the top 10 coaches and since when did A&M's field only hold 80k?
Geez, is that guy still living in the 80's? Joe Pa at 1, and Bowden at 2? :rolleyes:

mojohornfan
6/18/2006, 11:33 AM
Geez, is that guy still living in the 80's? Joe Pa at 1, and Bowden at 2? :rolleyes:

I agree with ya on that one! And Mack did close the gap between him and Stoops last year, but I agree also that he will have to win without Vince to surpass him! (Oh yeah, and also beat him at least every other year...almost forgot that one...!)

Collier11
6/18/2006, 12:18 PM
Its a southern sports writer, take it for what its worth

Octavian
6/18/2006, 01:59 PM
Mack did close the gap between him and Stoops last year

umm...no.

Mack is 2 for 7 against Bobby. Closing the gap would be tying the series.

King Crimson
6/18/2006, 02:16 PM
umm...no.

Mack is 2 for 7 against Bobby. Closing the gap would be tying the series.

and not giving up 60 twice (coulda been worse both times).

Flagstaffsooner
6/18/2006, 02:17 PM
umm...no.

Mack is 2 for 7 against Bobby. Closing the gap would be tying the series.YMSSRA.
Little snot nose whorn doesn't understand that.Hook 'em

snp
6/18/2006, 02:48 PM
Well, I emailed the faggo. Honestly, we can hate on Mack but he is better than almost all other coaches out there. Behind Stoops, Carrol, and Tressel. No Bob and Mack is just d-u-m.

Its a southern sports writer, take it for what its worth

He says in the article he went to school at tOSU though.

TheGodfather889
6/18/2006, 03:17 PM
That list is crap. How can you have Larry Coker in the top 10 but not Bob Stoops?

goingoneight
6/18/2006, 03:26 PM
I agree that Gaylord Memorial may not be the best stadium, as I've seen some fantastic facilities and stadiums in my day... but LSU is listed twice on both of those sites for stadium. Big, maybe... better than Gaylord Memorial, and Switzer Center??? Guess again, USCN (espn).

And sorry to **** on the Mack bandwagon, but no matter what he won in 2005, the fact remains that Stoops gives him a run for his money with recruits from his own state, and he's beaten :mack: more times than not. In terms of coaching, performance and wit. Mack may be a top 3, but not above Stoops. As for Pete Carroll, let's see if he's the God of CFL at a program that doesn't only accept 5-star recruits. Note his "fantastic" NFL career...

Flagstaffsooner
6/18/2006, 03:41 PM
As for Pete Carroll, let's see if he's the God of CFL at a program that doesn't only accept 5-star recruits. Note his "fantastic" NFL career...Pete's reign is dead. The NCAA is scratching around in his cat-box and more turds will be found.

Dances with Possums
6/18/2006, 04:09 PM
Behind Stoops, Carrol, and Tressel.

Well, Tressel and Mack have played each other and Mack won. Mask and Carroll played each other and Mack won.

Sooner Logic: Even though Mack won the last time he and Bob Stoops played each other, there is no evidence that Mack has closed the gap because what happened in 2000 and 2001 and 2002 with players and coaches who are no longer in Norman and Austin is more relevant to that question (whether or not Mack has closed the gap) than what happened last year. After all, they will tell you, Bob still has Mack 5-2 head to head.

And yet the head to head when Mack played Tressell is 1-0 in favor of Mack, but Tressell is the better coach.

Here's another thought on the whole "has Mack caught Bob" question, an analogy.

Suppose there are two runners who race each other once a year in, say, a three hour race. Each year for five years in a row one of the runners, Runner A, wins ---- sometimes by a lot. The other runner, runner B, tries all kinds of different things, different foods, different conditioning training etc... and can't win. Then one year runner B adopts another training system (the equivalent of bringing in Gene Chizik) and beats runner A like a drum. When it came time to race in the following year, as the race neared, I think most people would say "it appears that runner B has caught up with runner A, since runner B beat runner A like a drum last year."

goingoneight
6/18/2006, 04:30 PM
But you guys lost Runner A to the NFL, so what now? :D

Vaevictis
6/18/2006, 04:37 PM
Pete's reign is dead. The NCAA is scratching around in his cat-box and more turds will be found.

Yeah, they just ruled that Leinart's roommate violated rules by accepting (rent) money from Leinart's dad. He's ineligible now, apparently.

Octavian
6/18/2006, 04:48 PM
Well, Tressel and Mack have played each other and Mack won. Mask and Carroll played each other and Mack won.

Sooner Logic: Even though Mack won the last time he and Bob Stoops played each other, there is no evidence that Mack has closed the gap because what happened in 2000 and 2001 and 2002 with players and coaches who are no longer in Norman and Austin is more relevant to that question (whether or not Mack has closed the gap) than what happened last year. After all, they will tell you, Bob still has Mack 5-2 head to head.

And yet the head to head when Mack played Tressell is 1-0 in favor of Mack, but Tressell is the better coach.

So in your oppinion Mack is better than Pete and Tressell b/c he holds the advantage against them head-to-head...fair enough.

But you think Mack and Stoops are equals...even though Mack trails Stoops in their head-to-head series.

I wouldn't be making fun of anyone else's logic.

snp
6/18/2006, 05:42 PM
Nicely done Oct. You beat me to it.

Just got a response back from the chucklehead

Mack Brown was a mistake. I still would not put Stoops in the top 10, but he would be very close. I would definitely replace Rodriguez or Richt with Mack Brown though.

critical_phil
6/18/2006, 05:48 PM
Suppose there are two runners who race each other once a year in, say, a three hour race. Each year for five years in a row one of the runners, Runner A, wins ---- sometimes by a lot. The other runner, runner B, tries all kinds of different things, different foods, different conditioning training etc... and can't win. Then one year runner B adopts another training system (the equivalent of bringing in Gene Chizik) and beats runner A like a drum. When it came time to race in the following year, as the race neared, I think most people would say "it appears that runner B has caught up with runner A, since runner B beat runner A like a drum last year."

you forgot a couple of details.

runner A is hetero, and runner B loves the :chicken:...........

Readyfor8
6/18/2006, 07:59 PM

Here's another thought on the whole "has Mack caught Bob" question, an analogy.

Mack has played 7 games against Stoops and lost 5, Tressel has only lost once to Mack, Pete Carroll has only lost once to Mack, in other words the information on these coaches isn't in yet.

The bottom line is Bob Stoops has the same ammount of NC's as Mack, yet that doesn't tell the story of OU vs. Texas in the past 7 years. The fact is Stoops has 3 Big XII championships and Mack has 1. Stoops has a Heisman Winner, and Mack has none. Stoops has won more titles and Championships in his 7 years at OU, than Mack has won in his entire carreer spanning more than 2 decades as a Head Coach.

When your coach takes 22 years to do what it took another 2 years or 1 year to accomplish then you take a back seat to that guy in the coaching department.

snp
6/18/2006, 08:02 PM
NOTHING WORTHWHILE TO SAY

Yup, I agree.

soonerhubs
6/18/2006, 08:15 PM
Yup, I agree.
ROTFLMAO!

tulsaoilerfan
6/18/2006, 08:38 PM
Yeah, they just ruled that Leinart's roommate violated rules by accepting (rent) money from Leinart's dad. He's ineligible now, apparently.
I'm thinking that as long as he pays the $ back, his eligibility will be restored, but i'm not 100% sure on that. :confused:

Collier11
6/18/2006, 08:40 PM
whats BS about the story is that even though they play for suc, the eligibility issue is crap. Jarrett and Leinart both paid the same amount of rent and the dad paid the remainder which happens all over the country with college students. I think it is a bunch of crap and once again, the ncaa is wasting time on something insignificant

Vaevictis
6/18/2006, 10:31 PM
I'm thinking that as long as he pays the $ back, his eligibility will be restored, but i'm not 100% sure on that. :confused:

Them's some big bucks, something like $1300 a month he lived in that flat.

Vaevictis
6/18/2006, 10:32 PM
I think it is a bunch of crap and once again, the ncaa is wasting time on something insignificant

I don't really disagree, I'm just saying, that's the way it is :)

Snrfn4ever08
6/18/2006, 11:00 PM
for anyone who wants to see my response to this b.s., check the talk about it link at the bottom of the page. i believe the thread i posted in was listed first. i listed under the name nate

Collier11
6/19/2006, 02:01 AM
I posted under sjc and let this idiot know what I thought, go check it out if you wish

ADs_Agent
6/19/2006, 09:21 AM

so because Mack beat Stoops for the first time in 5 years they are on a level playing field? My guess on the issue is that you are someone's younger brother and thus have deemed it necessary to lower expectations and standards. When it comes down to it, Mack has quite a ways to go before "catching" Stoops

Sooner47
6/19/2006, 09:44 AM
I hope these dimwits continue dissing Bob. He is a very proud man and a great coach. I have a feeling that this year and next year he will re-establish himself as the best of the best in college football and leave the wannabe's like Mack and Tressel and Carroll in the dust. JMHO.

critical_phil
6/19/2006, 10:33 AM
from the scenario given, it is obvious that runner A had a tight hammy in the last race.

snp
6/19/2006, 11:20 AM
How are Tressel, Carrol, and Brown "wannabes"?

Like them or not (NOT) they are all top tier coaches. They all win more then 95% more then the rest of the country, so I don't even know what you would consider the rest of the nation.