PDA

View Full Version : oh, nurse...

Mixer!
6/18/2006, 06:27 AM
Last Sunday, I had a pain in the back of my knee that felt like I got punched. Thought nothing of it, and went about my business. By Friday, the pain had spread up and down my leg,so I went to the doc. He sent me to the hospital to get a scan, and they told me I had a blood clot. WON-derful. :( So I'm lying here in bed, getting blood thinner shots twice a day, having blood drawn, getting the occasional IV, etc. Thankfully, the painkillers make this tolerable. Yup, this sucks.

Flagstaffsooner
6/18/2006, 06:53 AM
Hope you get better soon. Tailwind has been through alot of that.

Okla-homey
6/18/2006, 06:56 AM
Last Sunday, I had a pain in the back of my knee that felt like I got punched. Thought nothing of it, and went about my business. By Friday, the pain had spread up and down my leg,so I went to the doc. He sent me to the hospital to get a scan, and they told me I had a blood clot. WON-derful. :( So I'm lying here in bed, getting blood thinner shots twice a day, having blood drawn, getting the occasional IV, etc. Thankfully, the painkillers make this tolerable. Yup, this sucks.

You are very lucky. Obviously the good Lord has something He wants you to accomplish here on Earth. Them clots ain't nuthin' to scru around with. Glad they caught it in time. You could have vapor-locked and died like that horse in the "Animal House" dean's office.

IB4OU2
6/18/2006, 07:53 AM

Dang Mix! Are you in the Stwtr Hospital? I hope you get to feeling better. :(

tulsaoilerfan
6/18/2006, 11:02 AM
Now that is true SO dedication; spek to you!!

soonerhubs
6/18/2006, 04:38 PM
Prayers headed your way sir.

Tailwind
6/18/2006, 05:06 PM
Damn! Sounds like they caught it in time. They make you lie there to make sure it doesn't travel to your heart or lungs, cuz that would be the end of you. Last time I had one, they kept me in for a week then wouldn't let me go back to work until the blood levels got back to normal. And I had to learn to give myself shots in the tummy. Fun,I tell you. Hope you're out soon.

Mixer!
6/19/2006, 06:38 AM
Update: More shots (something called 'loveknox' (sp)), more bloodwork. Thankfully, I got some hot nurses waiting on me. Yeah, I'm at SMC. Had family and friends stop by yesterday, which was nice. What sucked was when the orderly came in to draw some blood... AT FOUR EFFING THIRTY IN THE MORNING!!! Doctor comes by this morning, so hopefully I'll find out when I get to go home. Thank you all for your prayers and support, I'm not going to let this beat me.Now what's this about a horse dying in Dean's orifice? :D

TheHumanAlphabet
6/19/2006, 03:00 PM
Dood DVT is life threatening! I hope you get healed and the clot dissolved soon!

jeremy885
6/19/2006, 03:08 PM

Ok this is officially scaring me. I had something similar to this a month ago where it felt like someone had stabbed the back of my knee and was twisting the knife around. Had it for about a week and then it went away. People were saying it was a Charlie’s horse, so I never had it checked out. Am I f*cked or what? :(

Mixer!
6/22/2006, 07:52 PM
I'm back home now - lots of bed rest and a consistent diet are the order of the day. I get my blood coagulation level checked everyday for awhile, and then it just takes time for my body to re-absorb the clot. J885, don't screw around, get it checked out. Better to be safe than sorry.

Peace out, beyonces... :)

StoopTroup
6/22/2006, 08:05 PM
Glad your recovering well.

Keep up the hard work...Football Season is upon us...

TopDaugIn2000
6/22/2006, 09:22 PM
oh wow Mixer. Glad you are doing ok. Hope you have a speedy recovery!!!!

olevetonahill
6/22/2006, 09:38 PM
I usually see these threads :eek:
get well bro
I could done at least 5 smartazz response but
I reserve those for later
Glad ur home :cool: