PDA

View Full Version : Is the CFL televised in the US?

Penguin
6/18/2006, 02:17 AM
Yes, I am desperate for some football.

The CFL season has already kicked off.

nanimonai
6/18/2006, 03:01 AM
Man I don't even think it's televised in Canada....

Penguin
6/18/2006, 03:27 AM
I think you're right. I did some research. There's only 8 teams in the entire "league."

Here's some junk on the TV coverage in case anybody cares. (http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3320013)

BoomerJack
6/18/2006, 08:34 AM
I wish it would be instead of all the Texas Hold'em Poker stuff I seem to see all the time on ESPN.

Flagstaffsooner
6/18/2006, 08:42 AM
I wish it would be instead of all the Texas Hold'em Poker stuff I seem to see all the time on ESPN.Really, it was so cool in the early 80's when ESPN did the USFL. Now its just poker and fat guys heaving rocks around.:mad:

tulsaoilerfan
6/18/2006, 11:06 AM
Really, it was so cool in the early 80's when ESPN did the USFL. Now its just poker and fat guys heaving rocks around.:mad:
And i can't figure out why so many people actually watch the poker on tv; are they hoping to figure out how to play?

King Crimson
6/18/2006, 11:09 AM
i used to like the CFL when ESPN first came out, that and Aussie Rules football...

though i had a hard time taking the CFL *that* seriously since two teams were called the Rough-Riders. kinda like the SEC......with two Tigers and two Bulldogs.

BillyBall
6/18/2006, 11:15 AM
Do they show it on Lifetime?

yermom
6/18/2006, 11:28 AM
And i can't figure out why so many people actually watch the poker on tv; are they hoping to figure out how to play?

one or two shows was ok, now there is at least one on some channel ALL THE TIME

the strongman stuff is a bit played as well

bri
6/18/2006, 01:57 PM
I like it when they bench-press showgirls.

AllAboutThe'O'
6/18/2006, 09:46 PM
Yes, I am desperate for some football.

The CFL season has already kicked off.
Where I live, my digital cable system has a Cox Sports Television channel (based out of New Orleans, shows LSU and the Hornets games, among others) that airs CFL games every now and then.
I also agree with the other poster that ESPN should stop showing that poker dreck and bring back the CFL and Aussie rules football.