PDA

View Full Version : Gun Rules at OU

SicEmBaylor
6/18/2006, 02:08 AM
I just found out that you're allowed to have a gun at Baylor so long as you check it in with the Baylor DPS and let them "store" it for you until needed. From what I understand this is so hunters can bring their rifles and such with them to school.

Does OU have a similar policy?

SoonerBorn68
6/18/2006, 02:13 AM
I just found out that you're allowed to have a gun at Baylor so long as you check it in with the Baylor DPS and let them "store" it for you until needed. From what I understand this is so hunters can bring their rifles and such with them to school.

"Hello police?" Yeah, I'd like to come up there and get my gun...Someone's breaking in and I need it." :D

My philosophy at OU was like the military...don't ask, don't tell.

royalfan5
6/18/2006, 02:40 AM
My undergrad instituiton had the same policy as Baylor does.

Melo
6/18/2006, 03:21 AM
Blinn doesnt allow any weapons, at all. I would imagine that if they allowed some of the aggie failures to bring guns and weapons, the school would be... in big trouble. We have problems just with the aggie failures and their big trucks! We had two or three people get hit last year.

Anyways, straight from the book:

Blinn College prohibits the possession or storage of- any type of firearm, dangerous weapon, including BB guns, bows & arrows, spear guns, slingshots and other potentially dangerous & hazardous weapons, flammable liquids or explosive devices in the apartments or in your automobile on college premises.

I dont know about other schools, but I always found it funny that they had to list stuff about bows and arrows and sligshots.

SicEmBaylor
6/18/2006, 03:24 AM
Blinn doesnt allow any weapons, at all. I would imagine that if they allowed some of the aggie failures to bring guns and weapons, the school would be... in big trouble. We have problems just with the aggie failures and their big trucks! We had two or three people get hit last year.

Anyways, straight from the book:

I dont know about other schools, but I always found it funny that they had to list stuff about bows and arrows and sligshots.

LoL that's great. And "Aggie Failures" is redundant.

Melo
6/18/2006, 03:26 AM
LoL that's great. And "Aggie Failures" is redundant.

No. Theyre at Blinn because they failed at becoming a regular aggie. I mean, there is a small group of us who are there to take advantage of the ridiculous amounts of scholorship money they give to music majors, but other than that, most people at Blinn say "ZOMG, I'm at Blinn so I can transfer to aTm!!!"

Octavian
6/18/2006, 03:31 AM
....I always found it funny that they had to list stuff about bows and arrows...

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5027/scsbowsarrowsb5jk.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

walkoffsooner
6/18/2006, 04:44 AM
Just the honest people check them in. The one's planning on using them keep them hidden.

Scott D
6/18/2006, 09:15 AM

you'd think Baylor would have learned their lesson on that rule after 'the incident.'

GDC
6/18/2006, 09:45 AM
Ask Buster Rhymes.

usmc-sooner
6/18/2006, 12:14 PM
hell OU has let's them have bombs just in case they want to blow themselves up outside the football games.

yermom
6/18/2006, 12:18 PM
heh, yeah i guess you shouldn't worry much

Kels
6/18/2006, 04:21 PM
I used to sneak mine up the fire escape at night and keep it in my dorm room closet. I wouldn't take that chance today.

A former roommate of JKM's kept his BB pistol out on the window ledge in Cate. OU PD got a little nervous when they walked by his room and he had his door open and it was sitting on his desk, but just made him take it home. This was the same guy that always carried a brick in his backpack to throw at squirrels on the South Oval.

Another friend of JKM's packed a .45 everywhere he went on campus. He would pull up his shirt in Cate cafeteria and show us that he was carrying the gun in his waistband. He shot his chair late one night in his dorm room because a girl wouldn't go out with him.

Anyway, he ended up dropping out of OU and joining the Marines. His dad, a LtCol in the Corps, gave him a nice K-bar. Every time JKM's friend would show it to someone, he would cut his hand or arm before he would sheath it. He claimed it had something to do with the "honor of his blade always drawing blood when it was unsheathed."

He ended up doing security at the White House for a while and now is working for the NSA.

To think he's protecting our national interests when we sleep is a little disconcerting to me.