PDA

View Full Version : computer dorks

critical_phil
6/17/2006, 11:53 PM
need some help here.

windows 2000 NT.

i gave my f-i-l my old computer. i thought i cleaned it out pretty good, but there's one thing that he's having trouble with. let me see if i can explain this:

say he goes to a website, and clicks a "contact us" link that brings up a box where you can e-mail customer service.

problem is, the response comes back to me because my e-mail address is still listed as the default e-mail (i guess) somewhere in windows. how does one change this?

BajaOklahoma
6/18/2006, 12:08 AM
In IE, Tools, Internet Options, Content.
The Autocomplete needs to be cleared out.
And I think you need to change the Profile.

I think this does what you need it to do.

critical_phil
6/18/2006, 12:13 AM
thanks.

i'll try that.

GottaHavePride
6/18/2006, 12:15 AM
Also - if this is using Outlook as the e-mail program - you'll need to go in and edit the account properties and change the "Reply To" address - that's probably still including your address so when they hit "reply" at the other end it gives them your address.

SicEmBaylor
6/18/2006, 12:18 AM
need some help here.

windows 2000 NT.

i gave my f-i-l my old computer. i thought i cleaned it out pretty good, but there's one thing that he's having trouble with. let me see if i can explain this:

say he goes to a website, and clicks a "contact us" link that brings up a box where you can e-mail customer service.

problem is, the response comes back to me because my e-mail address is still listed as the default e-mail (i guess) somewhere in windows. how does one change this?

You should have put some Spyware on that sucker before giving it to him. Have it send the info to your e-mail account and find out what the guy REALLY thinks of the SOB who married his daughter. :D

Widescreen
6/18/2006, 01:06 AM
Did you back up the pr0n and remove it before you gave the PC to him?

yermom
6/18/2006, 10:00 AM
the Outlook/Outlook Express settings sounds like a good place to start

49r
6/19/2006, 10:13 AM
Hurl it out a fifth story window onto the sidewalk below.

Should take care of it...