PDA

View Full Version : don't know how many boxing fans there are here, but......

sitzpinkler
6/17/2006, 11:23 PM
Winky won that fight hands down

what a crock!

StoopTroup
6/17/2006, 11:28 PM
What's happened to the best individual sport?

I miss the Ali / Frazier and the Foreman / Norton and the Tyson / Spinks and the Sugar Ray / Hearns days...

Boxing used to be awesome...

Macho Camacho, Larry Holmes, Roberto Duran....

Sugar Ray v Thomas Hearns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN26fJqvoRQ&search=sugar%20ray%20fight

Hatfield
6/17/2006, 11:55 PM
he shouldn't have taken the 12th round off when trying to WIN the title.

and draws are stupid...uhmmm...thanks guys for beating the hell out of each other for the last half hour....and the winner is....drum roll....nobody.

XingTheRubicon
6/18/2006, 01:23 AM
The champ was not hurt once.

Slap fighting and coasting in the 12th round is not a way to take a belt.

This was a tough fight for me to watch, because I like both fighters but in a close fight, the harder puncher should get the nod.

sitzpinkler
6/19/2006, 12:22 AM
The champ was not hurt once.

Slap fighting and coasting in the 12th round is not a way to take a belt.

This was a tough fight for me to watch, because I like both fighters but in a close fight, the harder puncher should get the nod.

slap fighting? not even

Winky landed more punches and a higher percentage of punches and he imposed his style on Taylor

also, a lot of the punches the dumbass comentators were getting so excited about were obviously blocked by Winky

Winky's fight, all the way

Big Red Ron
6/19/2006, 12:42 AM
Winkey won it but he did make mistakes in the 12th.

OU4LIFE
6/19/2006, 07:17 AM
Exactly. Winky won the fight, but we all know that if you are going to take a belt from a title holder, running away in the late rounds is not the way to do it, and he flat gave away the 12th. NEVER a good idea.

XingTheRubicon
6/19/2006, 11:20 AM
Rounds Winky dominated with true power punches: 0

Now, you can win a big time middle-weight fight without even bothering your opponent, (see Hagler/Leonard 1986)

You also have to understand that those little flurries where Winky's glove barely even touched JT's skin, well, that's a connect. So just looking at the Final punch stat numbers are misleading for some. That's why none of the judges nor Harold Lederman agree with any of you. They know the difference between a slap and a thud and score it accordingly. They don't just count up the connects, there's a little more to it.