PDA

View Full Version : Little Joe vs USC

StoopTroup
6/17/2006, 11:11 PM
Oldie but a goodie...:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQvFQM2yrE&search=joe%20washington

sooner94
6/17/2006, 11:14 PM
that is unreal. 4th time a watched it I noticed he ended up losing 5 yards.

Wonder what Switzer said to him when he got to the sideline.

85sooners
6/17/2006, 11:25 PM
great stuff

Flagstaffsooner
6/18/2006, 02:00 AM
That's great. I wish I could find the one against Missouri.

Octavian
6/18/2006, 02:58 AM
I wish I could find the one against Missouri.

'75 in Columbia....Little Joe saved the NC season...

(about 3/4 of the way through...)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9-9Q9933Q6E&search=oklahoma%20sooners

Flagstaffsooner
6/18/2006, 07:07 AM
Thanks Oct. That is soooooooo sweeeeeet!

tulsaoilerfan
6/18/2006, 11:15 AM
the most exciting runner EVAR in college ball; there is another video on Youtube that shows his punt return against the Aggies where he is skipping sideways at the beginning and somehow manages to elude about 8 Aggies on his way to the end zone; PURE GREATNESS!!!!

tulsaoilerfan
6/18/2006, 11:23 AM

That's the one that has his punt return against the Aggies, plus Keith Jackson in the Orange Bowl and the tight end reverse against Nebraska; brings back a ton of great memories!!:D :D :D

soonerboy112
6/18/2006, 01:03 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-lbuUTz2IUY&search=joe%20washington

Flagstaffsooner
6/18/2006, 01:42 PM
I don't care what anyone says, Little Joe was the best CF player of all time.

TheGodfather889
6/18/2006, 03:10 PM
If I had been alive back then Joe Washington definetely would be one of my favorite Sooners of all time.

Texas Golfer
6/18/2006, 10:21 PM
I remember a NFL Monday Night game when Little Joe ran for a TD, passed for a TD, and ran a return back for a TD. The only thing he didn't do was catch a TD pass.

NUSooner
6/19/2006, 01:23 AM
Little Joe spoke to my class at OU (History of American Sport) and I believe he said there that the punt return against SC was at the end of the first half, so he pretty much had free reign to do whatever he wanted on the return...so losing five yards didn't matter. It's pretty sweet though.

soonerx7
6/20/2006, 05:54 PM
Simply amazing.
The best.

King Crimson
6/21/2006, 06:21 AM
one of the many great lines in the Sooner Legends DVD is Dewey Selmon talking about coming to OU where he and Lee Roy had played running back at Eufala HS and were hoping to get a shot at rb.....and Dewey says after watching Little Joe and Greg Pruitt in practice he says: "we knew we weren't gonna be playing running back".

soonerjoker
6/21/2006, 09:34 AM
Joe the best CF player of all time. don't think he is the "all-time best"
@ OU.
jmho

Sooner Schemer
6/21/2006, 10:14 AM
I remember a NFL Monday Night game when Little Joe ran for a TD, passed for a TD, and ran a return back for a TD. The only thing he didn't do was catch a TD pass.
Actually, he threw a TD pass, caught a TD pass, and scored the winning touchdown on a kickoff return.

NobleSooner
6/21/2006, 12:21 PM
I remember Switzer saying that that punt returned right before halftime and that little Joe was going for broke because there wasn't any time left.

I don't remember that for a fact but Switzer said it........so it has to be true.

stoopified
6/23/2006, 01:21 AM
I recall that game ,it was against Steve Grogan and the Patriot sand the puntreturn in the rain was the deciding play with only a couple minutes left in the game.I f I recall correctly it was voted as the top individual performance in the first 25 years of MNF.One of the most exciting NFL games I have ever witnessed.

picasso
6/28/2006, 06:05 PM

that was saaaweet!

King Crimson
6/28/2006, 06:15 PM
that was saaaweet!

that game was on the radio...and no Sooner fans actually saw the play until later. i remember watching it on Switzer's playback show i think. i was 5, i knew after we lost to KU things didn't look good.

it's featured on the Legends DVD and i borrowed that from my dad about a year ago...and in between almost weeping with joy....watched it about 10 times in a row in marvelous disbelief as Little Joe shakes that one guy is in the open field and gone.

stoopified
6/30/2006, 03:59 PM
Most exciting -5 yard punt return ever,Switzer swears that if Joe gets past that one guy he is gone.

Partial Qualifier
6/30/2006, 04:22 PM
I remember hearing that as a freshman, Little Joe's first practice carry was against the first team defense and he took it 80 yards to the house. Dunno if that's rumor or not.

I also heard that the USC punt return was just before the half, actually, so it didn't really matter that he took a loss.... ;)

soonerboy_odanorth
6/30/2006, 05:16 PM
These videos make me shiver, shake and sweat with anticipation for the upcoming season...

IB4OU2
6/30/2006, 06:33 PM
that game was on the radio...and no Sooner fans actually saw the play until later. i remember watching it on Switzer's playback show i think. i was 5, i knew after we lost to KU things didn't look good.

it's featured on the Legends DVD and i borrowed that from my dad about a year ago...and in between almost weeping with joy....watched it about 10 times in a row in marvelous disbelief as Little Joe shakes that one guy is in the open field and gone.

I was going to OU at the time and went to that game in L.A back in September of 1974. We tied the SUC's 7-7. We drove out there and had a great time even though it was a tie....The SUC fans just watched with slack jaw and gaping mouth. Little Joe was amazing....